• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT4| Molested by a Burger Priest

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
You mean Toronto FC right? We have potentially the best team in league history and it's like they aren't even worth a bandwagon to most people. Super strange in such a multicultural city that the local soccer team isn't the hottest shit ever. I bet there are still a ton of people that don't even know we have a soccer team.
We...have a soccer team...?

Thankfully, the city council did not lose its collective mind. the park isn't being renamed.
Rob Ford Park should be the unofficial name of the park where he bought his crack.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Thankfully, the city council did not lose its collective mind. the park isn't being renamed.
His nephew didn't even participate in the vote.

oJj7W81l.jpg

gabbo

His nephew didn't even participate in the vote.
Is that why he's said it being voted down is disgusting?
Typical leftwing gravy train politics as usual: councel keeping sports venues used by children from bearing the name of admitted crackhead mysoginst racists.
olB0hX5.gif

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
Doug Ford says it's "disgusting politics" and hypocritical that people didn't want an arena named after the crack smoking, abusive mayor who was literally made a laughing stock.

Have y'all been to the Short and Sweet bakery on Yonge and Eglinton? The place is straight fire...their cookies and cupcakes are insanely good. Recently had Prairie Girl cupcakes and they were solid, but SandS trumps them.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Burgatory review (restaurant location, not the food truck).. yikes.

http://www.burgatorycanada.com/restaurant/

I like the space they have, it's small, but nice atmosphere and decor. Great area as well, at Crawford and College. I suspect the name is playing off of The Burger's Priest. The guy I suspect is the owner and the waitress / grill person are very nice. We were the only ones eating in and a couple people came through for pickup while we were there.

Menu is a select few items, but most sound pretty good. We both go for the gluttony burger, caramelized onions are just too tempting. For one combo (can of coke and fries) and one additional burger it's $32 pre-tip. Eh.

Burgers come and man, they're small. You can pass them off as large sliders. The fries are standard fare, but the plate is not exactly overflowing with them. Burgers themselves are cooked medium well, a little pink on the inside, but fine. Nothing really stands out about the burger, the BBQ sauce overpowering everything on it. The bacon used had way too much fat on it from what I prefer. The bun, soft and tasty, does hold the burger together well, for being as saucy and wet as it is

We actually both left a little hungry still. They had a decent milkshake menu, but just couldn't warrant buying one. Not impressed with the place at all. At least most of the "gourmet" burger places, expensive as they are, offer size, or quality you can justify. We didn't find that here.

Pass.
Except for Kuro who will probably love this place.

Doug Ford says it's "disgusting politics" and hypocritical that people didn't want an arena named after the crack smoking, abusive mayor who was literally made a laughing stock.

There's a decent chance of that POS becoming Mayor. He might not get a lot of council support, but he knows how to play the game more than Rob did. Not looking forward to him being the face of the city for a while. He'll use this "disrespect" for RoFo as a prop during his campaign too.

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
Burgatory review (restaurant location, not the food truck).. yikes.

http://www.burgatorycanada.com/restaurant/

I like the space they have, it's small, but nice atmosphere and decor. Great area as well, at Crawford and College. I suspect the name is playing off of The Burger's Priest. The guy I suspect is the owner and the waitress / grill person are very nice. We were the only ones eating in and a couple people came through for pickup while we were there.

Menu is a select few items, but most sound pretty good. We both go for the gluttony burger, caramelized onions are just too tempting. For one combo (can of coke and fries) and one additional burger it's $32 pre-tip. Eh.

Burgers come and man, they're small. You can pass them off as large sliders. The fries are standard fare, but the plate is not exactly overflowing with them. Burgers themselves are cooked medium well, a little pink on the inside, but fine. Nothing really stands out about the burger, the BBQ sauce overpowering everything on it. The bacon used had way too much fat on it from what I prefer. The bun, soft and tasty, does hold the burger together well, for being as saucy and wet as it is

We actually both left a little hungry still. They had a decent milkshake menu, but just couldn't warrant buying one. Not impressed with the place at all. At least most of the "gourmet" burger places, expensive as they are, offer size, or quality you can justify. We didn't find that here.

Pass.
Except for Kuro who will probably love this place.

Gourmet burger place that uses Velveeta on one of their burgers, lol.

Are we interested in a meet up this month?

I know it's a day early, but just wanted to wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving!

May the journey to the harvest feast of tomorrow be either too warm or too cold per your preferences!

#TeamNeutral

ahdurian

Being at work sucks turkey balls
None of our management comes in but they expect us to be here for our normal hours
All other areas in our building (for the bank) are off tok

Recommend a good place for (brunhc) lunch ? Gonna take guests from out of town to tomorrow. Need to be a little fancy, but not too much.
Never realized how stressful it is to "host" visitors in TO. I guess I'm a Bit too insecure about not disappointing them.

Deraldin

Unconfirmed Member
Happy Thanksgiving to all of you. We had our big Thanksgiving meal last night. Went out to see Blade Runner and for birthday dinner tonight instead.

dluu13

Recommend a good place for (brunhc) lunch ? Gonna take guests from out of town to tomorrow. Need to be a little fancy, but not too much.
Never realized how stressful it is to "host" visitors in TO. I guess I'm a Bit too insecure about not disappointing them.

I never know what to do with people when they come visit. It's a nice place to live, but I always wonder what tourists would do here.

I never know what to do with people when they come visit. It's a nice place to live, but I always wonder what tourists would do here.

That's exactly how I feel... I feel like they are gonna be pissed at me, I hyped it up so much, I usually rotate between like 2-3 pubs among my friends, and they (we) are a boring bunch we just sit there and chat/drink.

Qwyjibo

I just recently moved to Toronto and I need to know something essential to living life going forward:

Which Shoppers Drug Mart is the best bet for electronics in downtown Toronto?

I've been to two so far (King & Peter, Queens Quay near Spadina) and they had very little.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
I just recently moved to Toronto and I need to know something essential to living life going forward:

Which Shoppers Drug Mart is the best bet for electronics in downtown Toronto?

I've been to two so far (King & Peter, Queens Quay near Spadina) and they had very little.

They're drying up, but Yonge & College location is usually a good bet. Oddly enough, the Bathurst and St Clair one has good game selection.. they even had NES Minis last Winter.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
That's exactly how I feel... I feel like they are gonna be pissed at me, I hyped it up so much, I usually rotate between like 2-3 pubs among my friends, and they (we) are a boring bunch we just sit there and chat/drink.
Go to Cluny’s in the Distillery District.

There’s also Balzac’s there, Ontario Spring Water Sake, and other shit nearby.

I haven’t looked into the Canary District too much since they’re still kind of working on it, but there is stuff there.

jokkir

Reposting this from the Canada Deals thread:

Might be selling my unlocked Galaxy S7 (international version) soon. If anyone is interested, it comes with everything, plus two clear TPU cases and a plastic Galaxy S6 screen protector. Condition is pretty good since I put a skin plus case on it but there were exposed areas like the fingerprint scanner and parts of the screen the screen protector couldn't cover.

I have no idea how much this thing goes for so maybe I'll sell for $400-$425 ? I need to check still actually lol

Also, RIP Sears

zroid

Banned
ugh I've been procrastinating on cutting the grass for weeks and now I need to get it done before the leaves start falling... but it won't stop raining ;_;

Top Bottom