• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT6| Put your back into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

L Thammy

I only peeked at the beginning of the video without turning the sound on, but he shows a Toyotaro quote that says something to the effect of "the story has to end the same way as Dragonball Z, so Goku and Vegeta live". Except Toyotaro's talking about the Goku Black arc, which he was doing at the time, so isn't he just saying that you know Goku and Vegeta can't die in this arc because the ending of the current story it has to line up with End of Z later?

Actually, that's something to look forward to. Once we get past End of Z we can actually start having character deaths things that have permanent impact. Well, I guess they've already got that, but to a greater degree upon the classic characters.

Zolo

Super makes too much money for Dragon Ball to go away.

The speculation is a bit useless because there are only two possible outcome :

- Super continues past end of Z

- Super ends with End of Z and a new show (Dragon Ball Next Generation or whatever) is made

Yeah. Asking if there'll be more Super once they hit EoZ time-wise is like asking if there'll be another 'Life is Strange'. It made a lot of money, so the answer is yes.

Skeeter49

I only peeked at the beginning of the video without turning the sound on, but he shows a Toyotaro quote that says something to the effect of "the story has to end the same way as Dragonball Z, so Goku and Vegeta live". Except Toyotaro's talking about the Goku Black arc, which he was doing at the time, so isn't he just saying that you know Goku and Vegeta can't die in this arc because the ending of the current story it has to line up with End of Z later?

Actually, that's something to look forward to. Once we get past End of Z we can actually start having character deaths things that have permanent impact. Well, I guess they've already got that, but to a greater degree upon the classic characters.
That's why I want EoZ. There's no stakes right now in our universe.
That's why I liked the Future Trunks arc, because there were stakes.

Is there anyone who wasn't in EoZ that could actually die, who was significant in Z/ Super?
Beerus and Whis. No one else.

ZydoaVX.png

L Thammy

Actually, here's something else about the the End of Z gi. How do you want / expect Goku to get it?

Goku's clothes have generally evolved according to his mentors; there's history behind it. He got the orange gi from Rohi. He added the turtle kanji patch to the check as a tribute to his master after it was damaged by Taopaipai. He got the blue undershirt and armbands as part of Kami's training. He got one of the turtle symbols changed to a stylized "Kaio" when he was training under North Kai. I don't remember if his Resurrection 'F' costume was explaine but I assume he got it from Whis.

I feel like it would make sense for Goku getting the blue gi to be an event. They'll never have the guts to keep him in the new gi so that'll be a shame, but I'm hoping they come up with something interesting behind it.

Slaythe

I look forward to his brutal murder. I will go through the episode frame by frame, find the moment his soul leaves his body, then print it up and frame it on my wall.

Wonder if he's gonna get slashed in the balls and cry like a bitch :D !

Wait.. Never mind, that was your character.

No, they decided to trust Beerus on his word that he changed the future, because as Beerus put it 'Trunks was using mortal logic'. And Beerus was right that what he did should have changed the future, but Black was protected by the Time Ring. They messed up because they thought Future Zamasu was Present Zamasu and Black was just a golem.

Nope, not bad writing since the show explained what happened.

I didn't want to get into this but since you seem to be intent on defending every plot point and decision that Toei makes, I'll bite.

During the celebration dinner, Trunks and Vegeta are visibly distraught and aren't sure that what Beerus says is actually true. Vegeta mentions that they can't lose again and Trunks acknowledges that although a god was destroyed in this timeline, it probably wouldn't affect his own timeline, but mentions that Beerus gives him some hope that it miraculously worked out. Vegeta, Goku, and Bulma wouldn't even have had to go into the future with Trunks if they had that much faith in Beerus' word. So the four of them journey back to the past to check out the effects and have absolutely no plan B if everything did not pan out aside from a few senzu beans, which isn't an actual plan against an immortal.

Skeeter49

I'd argue it made little sense for Goku to go back, but Vegeta and Bulma it makes more sense since they're family, and whether or not Zamasu is back, they're going to want to check even if he isn't there, just so they have closure on their son.

For Goku, they should have set it up as him going to New Namek to wish everyone back. It wasn't going to happen, but it's a plot point that should have been addressed at some point.

Also upsetting Beerus and telling him he's wrong, when you just witness him erase someone from existence, probably isn't a good idea. Just humor him and go back.

Hero

I'm not sure why so many people think they need to end Super to tie into the end of Z. Did they specifically say they were trying to do that?

I remember the 1st time I saw Cooler's Revenge in that late 90's it was the Malaysian dub. I thought it was originally a fan dub. Piccolo "My people"

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
I don't know why people are so obsessed with when this thing is ending. It's like that 100 episode rumor, as if they plan these shows out like that

Skeeter49

I'm not sure why so many people think they need to end Super to tie into the end of Z. Did they specifically say they were trying to do that?

Super was announced as a tie in between Buu and EoZ, so I think people see the series as a whole ending right at EoZ. It's just a perception thing, and maybe people don't want to get their hopes up it'll go past EoZ, in the off chance it does end at EoZ.

But I don't think it's ever been stated that they don't want to go beyond that. Toriyama said he wasn't sure how he felt going past it because of how old the characters will be, but I assume that's why he's making them relevant now, so he can still have these characters to play with post EoZ, without age being an issue.

Some also think Super ends at EoZ, and a new series begins after. I think that is a rational way to see the future of DB, even if I don't think that'll happen.

Personally I think remaking EoZ is their best bet, then transition past it.

L Thammy

Dragonball fandom will keep attacking the Earth as long as Dragonball exists. Dragonball should stay dead and let the next generation take the lead.

Super was announced as a tie in between Buu and EoZ, so I think people see the series as a whole ending right at EoZ. It's just a perception thing, and maybe people don't want to get their hopes up it'll go past EoZ, in the off chance it does end at EoZ.

But I don't think it's ever been stated that they don't want to go beyond that. Toriyama said he wasn't sure how he felt going past it because of how old the characters will be, but I assume that's why he's making them relevant now, so he can still have these characters to play with post EoZ, without age being an issue.
No no! He needs to get over it! Age should absolutely be an issue m. I don't wanna see old ass krillin trying to fight to save the universe.

Goten,trunks,Uub,pan,bulla,marron

Vegeta,goku, gohan and probably piccolo will always be around because of the aging thing

Actually, here's something else about the the End of Z gi. How do you want / expect Goku to get it?

Goku's clothes have generally evolved according to his mentors; there's history behind it. He got the orange gi from Rohi. He added the turtle kanji patch to the check as a tribute to his master after it was damaged by Taopaipai. He got the blue undershirt and armbands as part of Kami's training. He got one of the turtle symbols changed to a stylized "Kaio" when he was training under North Kai. I don't remember if his Resurrection 'F' costume was explaine but I assume he got it from Whis.

I feel like it would make sense for Goku getting the blue gi to be an event. They'll never have the guts to keep him in the new gi so that'll be a shame, but I'm hoping they come up with something interesting behind it.

I always thought it represented Goku finally being his own master, ready to take Uub as his disciple.

L Thammy

Well that would have been a cute comeback if he hadn't fused with Goku's body.

He had balls and they were slashed. Deal with it.

mortal + immortal = half immortal
no balls + two balls = half two balls

half two balls means one ball, one ball is not plural and therefore is not balls, therefore zamasu cannot be slashed in the balls

Q.E.D

I always thought it represented Goku finally being his own master, ready to take Uub as his disciple.

Maybe we can have an episode where Goku makes his own gi after deciding since he's taking on a student?

Kneefoil

As an aside, I was watching this MasakoX video and he said the team said that Super currently isn't planned to go beyond the end of Z? That would be disappointing that remains the fact.

To me it seems like the quote he referenced probably just has awkward wording. What Toyotaro likely meant to say was that the Goku Black arc of the manga will have to be in line with the End of Z, so Goku and the gang have to survive. They would have to be crazy to stop the story at the same place as Z did.

Slaythe

mortal + immortal = half immortal
no balls + two balls = half two balls

half two balls means one ball, one ball is not plural and therefore is not balls, therefore zamasu cannot be slashed in the balls

Q.E.D

No because it would make his body off balance and ruin the symmetry.

Therefore he would have two tiny balls instead of just one ball.

He can thus be slashed in the balls.

Pein

Banned
Just started the future trunks arc and I have no idea why but I'm just loving it. Its good the humor is back to dragonball era because the action hasn't been doing it for me. I'm already spoiled on most of the plot but the ride is fun regardless.

How strong could these two new female super saiyans be after they learn how?

Surely they have mid-low power levels already.

Its like going from Goku as a SSJ on planet Namek to Goku as a SSJ when fighting Cell. Thats huge difference in growth and power.

Even if Bardock turned SSJ against Freeza he still would have probably lost to his second of third form.

I really hope they arnt on par all of a sudden with our strongest guys because that would be more convenient bullshit

L Thammy

Cabba was on part with base Vegeta, and Cabba is the Yamcha Tien of Universe 6, so I imagine that Caulifla and Kale can at least rough up Goku and Vegeta a little in their Blue forms.

Skeeter49

How strong could these two new female super saiyans be after they learn how?

Surely they have mid-low power levels already.

Its like going from Goku as a SSJ on planet Namek to Goku as a SSJ when fighting Cell. Thats huge difference in growth and power.

Even if Bardock turned SSJ against Freeza he still would have probably lost to his second of third form.

I really hope they arnt on par all of a sudden with our strongest guys because that would be more convenient bullshit
We don't know how strong their base is. I'm going to guess one of their base, Caulifla being my guess, is stronger than Cabba's base, making them stronger as a SSJ.

We also don't know how
Fembroly
works. If it's a multiplier as well, or what the deal with that is.

Why would you like to imagine that D:
I blame Toriyama for giving me these thoughts in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom