• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT6| Put your back into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
I like that the point of the whole episode was that gohan is not even close to God level, they should keep it that way.
Only Vegeta and Goku should be allowed to reach those levels.

I like Caulifla, so badass.
That wasn't the point at all, go rewatch it.

I love Ocean Dub Vegeta. This moment is still the pinnacle of the series for me.

I've actually been ripping my "Rock The Dragon Edition" Ocean Dub DVDs recently lol. Had Ocean Dub running all day in the background while I worked. God I love that dub. Hits me right in the nostalgia.

I haven't seen any of the Ocean dub in a really long time so same here... I remember the Vegeta change being really jarring with it happening like, right in the middle of the Nakem.

Other than that the Ocean dub with its Saban restrictions was pretty "meh" though I do get a bit of a laugh with the "Another dimension" replacement and the other stuff like the parachute line and everything else they did to sanitize it for little kids.

DAQyb8_HUw_AAX1_Xb.jpg

Hit-"So you seem to be doing well."

NeonZ

Let's take bets.

I put 50 down on only Goku trained by Whis because fuck the others, am I right ?

I could see it being Goku only since they haven't done any actual in-story set up for Goku's power up so far. And it'd allow the other characters to be surprised when it's revealed during the tournament.

Skeeter49

If Goku gets a powerup, I hope it's not something he had prior to the tournament. Makes the setup pointless, since the whole reason he wanted the tournament was because he wasn't training and was getting rusty.

Toad.T

Banned
We don't talk about Lord Chilled he was rightfully forgotten since losing to such a scrub saiyan

I know cannonocity (Is that a word?) is a zero-sum game in this franchise, but I would like it if certain parts of the special were cannon. Not SSJBardok or the ancestors of the Saiyan race, but the lineage of the Freeza race and the like.

On another note, we have Lord Freeza and Coola and their dad Cold. Does Freeza have a mom? Is there a Queen Blizzard we have to worry about?

I actually really, really like some of the plot points in that manga chapter. The anime has been better in key areas, and I feel is better overall, but the manga at times has some really cool ideas.

caliph95

I know cannonocity (Is that a word?) is a zero-sum game in this franchise, but I would like it if certain parts of the special were cannon. Not SSJBardok or the ancestors of the Saiyan race, but the lineage of the Freeza race and the like.

On another note, we have Lord Freeza and Coola and their dad Cold. Does Freeza have a mom? Is there a Queen Blizzard we have to worry about?
He has parents

L Thammy

Better yet, we should visit Freeza's homeworld and see what the rest of his race is like. I assume that some of them aren't psychopathic real estate agents who the universe fears.

Something just hit me. Imagine Freeza, who we know is evil, fighting against a redeemed Frost who became significantly more powerful also?

That should be something to see. Do you root for evil Freeza cause he's fighting for Universe 7, or do you cheer for the redeemed frost? I'd obviously want Freeza to win, but this is indeed quite interesting.

Who knows. There's only 4 hours left so it's a bit late for that anyway.

Besides, Piccolo seems to be just as efficient a trainer anyway 👌

Not even close. Piccolo gets done in a day what takes whis months.

That said, I want to guess the current power ranking here.

1 Goku
2 17
3 Gohan
4 Vegeta
5. Buu*
6 Piccolo
7 18
8 Krillin/Roshi
10 Tien

Gohan's debateable. He could be #2, and he could be number 5. But they showed him kicking around blue Goku so I put him at 3. 17 fighting even with Blue, yet supposedly holding back makes me give him the edge.
I also see Vegeta getting something very soon to put him back in second though.
As far as Im concerned, Roshi is strongest human til its shown otherwise, but Ill give it the benefit of the doubt.

Here's what AT said about Freeza in a interview translated via Kanzenshuu.

About how many of Freeza's race are there? Are they quite thriving, with a big population?

Freeza is what you might call a mutated life-form. Strictly speaking, Freeza's father is a mutant with an abnormally high battle power. And, born from his father alone, still in strong possession of the mutant traits, was Freeza.
Accordingly, even saying ”Freeza's race", these two are the only ones who possess an abnormal [level of] battle power and cruelty.
It's funny how he specifically says only two and doesn't include Cooler.

caliph95

Not even close. Piccolo gets done in a day what takes whis months.

That said, I want to guess the current power ranking here.

1 Goku
2 17
3 Gohan
4 Vegeta
5. Buu*
6 Piccolo
7 18
8 Krillin/Roshi
10 Tien

Gohan's debateable. He could be #2, and he could be number 5. But they showed him kicking around blue Goku so I put him at 3. 17 fighting even with Blue, yet supposedly holding back makes me give him the edge.
I also see Vegeta getting something very soon to put him back in second though.
As far as Im concerned, Roshi is strongest human til its shown otherwise, but Ill give it the benefit of the doubt.
Both were holding back probably to keep it vague enough so they can decide later.

Also no way Vegeta is 4th

Let's take bets.

I put 50 down on only Goku trained by Whis because fuck the others, am I right ?

Of course. Why let any of the other Z Fighters in on beneficial training? After Yamcha, Tien, Chiaotzu and Piccolo trained with King Kai, it seems like they never bothered giving the side Z Fighters training that would actually be beneficial

Here's what AT said about Freeza in a interview translated via Kanzenshuu.

It's funny how he specifically says only two and doesn't include Cooler.

Cooler is still non canon right?
But that answer is a dodge. Even if they're mutants, they had to mutate from something.

Both were holding back probably to keep it vague enough so they can decide later.

Also no way Vegeta is 4th

I'm assuming there's some nonsense with Gohanand/or 17s fights, or Vegeta's unvieling a new form soon, but going with what has been shown both Gohan and 17 are past Blue.
We could find out later they're not, but thats what they made it look like.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom