• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT6| Put your back into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slaythe

He took on Black and Zamas while they bodied Goku. Vegeta beating the crap out of Rose makes it look like Vegeta might be stronger than Goku.

Goku didn't use Kaioken.

Therefore Trunks is below him.

Goku

Vegeta

Trunks / Gohan / 17

Buu

Piccolo

Krilin

Roshi

Tien

Super itself is fanfiction.

This manga chapter was hype.

Well no. Otherwise Toriyama wouldn't write anything for it and wouldn't provide designs.

HardRojo

Future Trunks is whatever. Super killed a lot of my interest in the character because all those asspulls were just too much. I still like Android/Cell saga Trunks though, he's great in my book.

Future Trunks is whatever. Super killed a lot of my interest in the character because all those asspulls were just too much. I still like Android/Cell saga Trunks though, he's great in my book.

Yeah same. SSJ2 Trunks and SSB Goku being effected by Black's Kamehameha the same was is the worst moment of inconsistency in DBZ+

I mean I still like him but not as much as Cell Saga.

Yeah same. SSJ2 Trunks and SSB Goku being effected by Black's Kamehameha the same was is the worst moment of inconsistency in DBZ+

I mean I still like him but not as much as Cell Saga.

It wasn't a lethal blast, Black was just toying around. It's the next blast that was meant to kill them but Vegeta intervened.

Lamel

Banned
Agreed. Super kind of fucked the future trunks story a bit.

I thought Goku protected Trunks from the blast

Nah they were both being held in different hands by Zamasu as Black Kamehameha'd them.

MNrcAx6.png

Nah they were both being held in different hands by Zamasu as Black Kamehameha'd them.

I just rewatched the sequence. It wasn't a lethal blast, Black was toying around. It's the next blast that was meant to kill them but Vegeta intervened.

Zamasu wanted to show off his immortality to them.

I just rewatched the sequence. It wasn't a lethal blast, Black was toying around. It's the next blast that was meant to kill them but Vegeta intervened.

Zamasu wanted to show off his immortality to them.

SSB >>>>> SSJ2 Trunks. If it was strong enough to put Goku in that state, it should have obliterated Trunks.

Even the clash with Black earlier in the episode shouldn't have happened the way it did if Trunks was consistently portrayed at SSJ2 level . The events in that episode show that Trunks somehow got to SSB level with his SSJ2 state. I have no problem with his SSR transformation, but that other stuff was straight sloppy.

Power Ranks

1) Future Trunks - Was shown stronger than SSB Goku & Vegeta
2) SSB Kaioken Goku - Vegeta IMO has the edge in SSB, but kaioken is the difference maker here
3) Vegeta
4) Gohan
5) Buu
6) 17
7) Piccolo
8) 18
10) Tien
Still convinced he'd body Krillin
11) Krillin

12) Roshi

LOL.

At this point it's going to take Krillin beating him for people to see the obvious.

Such a badass sequence :)

The Future Trunks saga was awesome and Black was one of the best villains in the franchise.

Shame some people can't enjoy a cartoon.

Why you act like I'm attacking you. You do you. I'm not condemning you for enjoying something I criticize. No need to get defensive like that lol.

Not everyone even defines that in the same way.

Honestly if things are explained (even if they are ridiculous or extreme) or can be easily rationalized by me in some way then I'm ok with it. A lot of things in Z that people consider asspulls or BS I don't. Not on a problematic level anyway.

LNBL

Goku didn't use Kaioken.

Therefore Trunks is below him.

Goku

Vegeta

Trunks / Gohan / 17

Buu

Piccolo

Krilin

Roshi

Tien

Well no. Otherwise Toriyama wouldn't write anything for it and wouldn't provide designs.

That's how I'd rank them too. Maybe Tien above Roshi, but the last eps havent been good to Tien haha

HardRojo

I'm willing to let things fly if they happen within the realm of reasonable reach, but when stuff like Mafuba, SS Rage and Genki Dama sword happen for no reason whatsoever, I can't help but wonder what the fuck they were thinking. I gotta admit that Vegito not lasting a single episode definitely impacted negatively my enjoyment of the last part of the arc.

Zaverious

I treat the Future Trunks arc as more material for the video games because I didn't care for a lot of what happened but it'll be cool to play with some of it though.

Skeeter49

I don't think SS Rage was stronger, it felt like Future Trunks was just better at calculating things.
Goku when he was really pissed at Black was rushing in, and making mistakes, which Black capitalized on. Even with Rage, Trunks was still able to think ahead of his opponent.

The Genki Dama sword is really the only bullshit thing to me. i guess the mafuba as well, that really should have been Goku who used it.

No fucking way 17 is stronger then Vegeta or Gohan or Buu.

Especially Buu since he can tank every thing and regenerate and turn people unexpectedly into candy

Skeeter49

Buu's pretty weak now. He's not on par with SSJ3 anymore, and we haven't seen enough of him in Super to say if he got stronger. I guess with his workout he got a little stronger, but all we saw from Skinny Buu was against base Goku.

Oh my gosh there's a new episode almost right now. This thread sure isn't acting like it. I completely forgot!

I'll be going out on a run right when it starts tho.

Skeeter49

I'll be going out with some friends, so I'll miss the new episode, Kai, and the dub.
Catch up on sub tonight, catch up on the 2 dub's tomorrow.

There's not much to talk about since we won't be in our wheelhouse of U7 this episode. I feel the Pride Trooper episode was like this as well where there wasn't much hype because we didn't know what to expect.

At least 92 will be a little bit more in our wheelhouse, even if the focus still isn't our universe.

I don't care about episodes that haven't come up yet because there's nothing for me to complain about.

You can complain about the NEP.

Head canon tells me that Buu is SS2 tier going by Z scaling cuz Supers scaling is too hard

If base Vegeta > SSJ3 Gotenks then technically fat Buu wouldn't be able to beat base Goku. Unless Buu got stronger over that time. (Disregarding skinny Buu)

That god jump was no joke

HeroR

I'm the opposite. I found Android/Cell Games Trunks to be whiny child with daddy issues. Super made me like Trunks.

You can complain about the NEP.

If base Vegeta > SSJ3 Gotenks then technically fat Buu wouldn't be able to beat base Goku. Unless Buu got stronger over that time. (Disregarding skinny Buu)

That god jump was no joke

Goku wasn't really trying against Buu so it's hard to gauge where he stands.

But people do tend to underestimate how much Goku's power jumped after he absorbed Super Saiyan God.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom