• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT6| Put your back into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

L Thammy

Romars' list is pretty much the same as mine. I'm thinking that Vegeta's probably second to Goku (because that's Vegeta's thing) and Krillin is above Roshi.

Cooler wouldn't fit with how Freeza works now anyway. He was Cold's son and trained, but couldn't even go beyond SSJ1 level.

I don't think it's specifically mentioned in the Daizenshu if he did train or not. Only that he could control his power and didn't need weaker forms to restrict his power like Freeza.

If you wanted to you could just say he's the Raditz version of Freeza, and he didn't have the same potential as his other sibling.

Astral Dog

Something just hit me. Imagine Freeza, who we know is evil, fighting against a redeemed Frost who became significantly more powerful also?

That should be something to see. Do you root for evil Freeza cause he's fighting for Universe 7, or do you cheer for the redeemed frost? I'd obviously want Freeza to win, but this is indeed quite interesting.
Only if at the end of the fight it turns out Frost is secretly evil and they teamup to take the Z warriors and form a multiverse mafia

HeroR

Not even close. Piccolo gets done in a day what takes whis months.

That said, I want to guess the current power ranking here.

1 Goku
2 17
3 Gohan
4 Vegeta
5. Buu*
6 Piccolo
7 18
8 Krillin/Roshi
10 Tien

Gohan's debateable. He could be #2, and he could be number 5. But they showed him kicking around blue Goku so I put him at 3. 17 fighting even with Blue, yet supposedly holding back makes me give him the edge.
I also see Vegeta getting something very soon to put him back in second though.
As far as Im concerned, Roshi is strongest human til its shown otherwise, but Ill give it the benefit of the doubt.

He has been training Gohan off and on for over a year and most of Gohan's problems was a mental block.

Skeeter49

We need a new Vegeta. 17 should be the new Vegeta. Someone always behind Goku.
What if
Frieza becomes the new Vegeta after this arc?

I'd rather have
Freeza
and Frost just fight it out to see, which is the bigger ass hole since Frost doesn't seem to be reforming anytime soon judging by the preview.

It also would be pretty humorous to see
Freeza
complaining hypocritically that his opponent isn't fighting fair.

Slaythe

Since Gohan is the new powerhouse and Vegeta is training in the HTC, I believe 17 is not going to be that too.

I think they'll go the absorbing / supercharging route.

So I'm betting on a new ability instead of just "well I power up and I'm stronger done".

L Thammy

We need a new Vegeta. 17 should be the new Vegeta. Someone always behind Goku.
What if
Frieza becomes the new Vegeta after this arc?

I'd just like to see more heroes on Goku's tier. 17 being there is good. Gohan being on track to get back there is good. In a perfect world, Roshi would be there as well, but alas, it may not be in our future.

Skeeter49

I'd rather just see
Freeza
and Frost just fight it out to see, which is the bigger ass hole since Frost doesn't seem to be reforming anytime soon judging by the preview.

It also would be pretty humorous to see
Freeza
complaining hypocritically that his opponent isn't fighting fair.

We should get a 3 minute monologue of how
Frieza is happy for once he doesn't have to deal with SSJ's
and then Cabba, Kale, and Caulifla all go SSJ in front of him.

L Thammy

Wait, how is that a surprise? The OVAs are not part of Toriyama's story and never were.

There are people who somehow went through the entirety of the nineties and beyond being confused as to where the movies fit into the plot of Dragonball Z. I've met them in person. Poor, tortured souls.

Skeeter49

There are people who somehow went through the entirety of the nineties and beyond being confused as to where the movies fit into the plot of Dragonball Z. I've met them in person. Poor, tortured souls.

For the longest time when I was younger, I was confused trying to figure out when the Tree of Might took place.

I was like, so in the timeline Goku needs to be alive, Tien, Piccolo, Yamcha, Chiaotzu need to be alive, Goku has the Kaioken and Genki Dama, and they couldn't haven't gone to Namek yet. Hm.

Also putting Garlic Jr. in the anime, with him making no sense in the canon, isn't helping.

I'd just like to see more heroes on Goku's tier. 17 being there is good. Gohan being on track to get back there is good. In a perfect world, Roshi would be there as well, but alas, it may not be in our future.

Seems like the cast is evenly split between power hitters, and 'support'. Gohan and 17's ridiculous power ups seem to be because of that.
The only straggler is 18. She not blue level, and shes not exactly flush with op skills like those below her. Makes me worry about what shes doing this arc.

caliph95

Seems like the cast is evenly split between power hitters, and 'support'. Gohan and 17's ridiculous power ups seem to be because of that.
The only straggler is 18. She not blue level, and shes not exactly flush with op skills like those below her. Makes me worry about what shes doing this arc.
We needs worfs on the team

Skeeter49

I'm thinking we'll see more teamwork with Krillin and 18 than 17 and 18. I think they'll try some team maneuvers, only for them to not work out too well.

Maybe that'll make 17 realize he needs to be around more.

NeonZ

It doesn't help the anime added that dragon from Tree of Might for some post-Namek filler scenes.

I don't think it's specifically mentioned in the Daizenshu if he did train or not. Only that he could control his power and didn't need weaker forms to restrict his power like Freeza.

If you wanted to you could just say he's the Raditz version of Freeza, and he didn't have the same potential as his other sibling.

It's mentioned in Cooler's movie itself that he trained to achieve that 5th form. The issue is that if Cold is his sole parent, he really should inherit Cold's mutation too just like Freeza.

L Thammy

Training in Dragonball is more effective if you know someone else who has trained to that level. So if Cooler was revive from the dead now, he could catch up to Golden Freeza in a week. But even a lifetime of training wouldn't have pushed him past Super Saiyan level back in the Namek days.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Training in Dragonball is more effective if you know someone else who has trained to that level. So if Cooler was revive from the dead now, he could catch up to Golden Freeza in a week. But even a lifetime of training wouldn't have pushed him past Super Saiyan level back in the Namek days.

Yea, for the most part it seems like once you know a level exists in the DB universe you can train to reach it. It's just a matter of seeing someone else reach it first.

Astral Dog

Im not sure about this.
Coolar was always behind freezer and his transformation was pitiful its possible that he doesn't have the golden gene

I love Ocean Dub Vegeta. This moment is still the pinnacle of the series for me.

I've actually been ripping my "Rock The Dragon Edition" Ocean Dub DVDs recently lol. Had Ocean Dub running all day in the background while I worked. God I love that dub. Hits me right in the nostalgia.

Word, ocean dub vegeta, heck ocean dub saiyan saga is the best. If only the translation/script wasn't so poor.

HardRojo

Haven't been too active in the thread for the past few days, but it's fucking DBS SATURDAY! Though I don't know if I'll be able to catch the episode tonight, it's a friend's birthday party so at best I'll catch it as soon as I get home (if I'm sober enough) or first thing tomorrow morning.

Savitar

Weird, got the first volume of the english Dragon Ball Super and they called Buu as Boo but for Mr. Satan still went with Hercule. At times I wonder what is the criteria for the name changes.

HardRojo

I'm gonna meet Yamcha's Japanese VA today.

That must be quite the experience! I like the fact that he also voices Seiya, Saint Seiya is one of my favorite shows of all time. Ask him to pitch a short Yamcha series (10 episodes or so) based on the manga :p

Pein

Banned
What's the deal with not just giving every saiyan super saiyan god? Wouldn't it have been dumb easy since it only requires 5 saiyan? I mean you didn't even need pan, future trunks was right there? I'm still behind so this might have been answered

Big One

Banned
What's the deal with not just giving every saiyan super saiyan god? Wouldn't it have been dumb easy since it only requires 5 saiyan? I mean you didn't even need pan, future trunks was right there? I'm still behind so this might have been answered
I think it's something along the lines of it not really helping them all that much. SSJGod Kid Trunks for example wouldn't be as strong as Base Goku in both of their current states. You still need to be obscenely strong to use the upgrade properly.

NeonZ

Nope, it was never addressed why they didn't use the ritual again. Not even the manga mentioned it in spite of its constant exposition. Goku keeping the power was supposed to be special, but it's weird how they didn't try with the others since they aren't exactly normal Saiyans either.

Pein

Banned
Nope, it was never addressed why they didn't use the ritual again. Not even the manga mentioned it in spite of its constant exposition. Goku keeping the power was supposed to be special, but it's weird how they didn't try with the others since they aren't exactly normal Saiyans either.
It just bothers me because trunks just got his ass busted by vegeta and vegeta's throwing super saiyan blue in his face, like help the kid out and call up gohan and goten for some quick prep before all this future saving happens lol.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
The title changed from Dragon Ball to Dragon Ball Z along the way; what sort of reason was there for this change?

Morishita: That was just enthusiasm for new plot developments. (laughs)

Shimizu: No; actually, we fretted a great deal about that title. Originally, we called it ”Gohan's Great Adventure" for the longest time. (laughs)

Morishita: That's right; because we thought it would go with Gohan as the main character.

Shimizu: And then Toriyama-sensei said things like, ”No, the protagonist is really Goku."

http://www.kanzenshuu.com/translations/daizenshuu-5-shenlong-times/

Power Ranks

1) Future Trunks - Was shown stronger than SSB Goku & Vegeta
2) SSB Kaioken Goku - Vegeta IMO has the edge in SSB, but kaioken is the difference maker here
3) Vegeta
4) Gohan
5) Buu
6) 17
7) Piccolo
8) 18
10) Tien
Still convinced he'd body Krillin
11) Krillin
12) Roshi

The Adder

Banned
Power Ranks

2) SSB Kaioken Goku - Vegeta IMO has the edge in SSB, but kaioken is the difference maker here
3) Vegeta
4) Gohan
5) Buu
6) 17
7) Piccolo
8) 18
10) Tien
11) Krillin
12) Roshi

But he wouldn't. Factually. It has been confirmed time and again at this point and now they're even treating him like a joke. The dream is dead.

Power Ranks

3) Vegeta
4) Gohan
5) Buu
6) 17
7) Piccolo
8) 18
10) Tien
11) Krillin
12) Roshi
Future Trunks at 1 is a no go.

L Thammy