• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT6| Put your back into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slaythe

zeno: you don't understand, Goku. I already blew up the universes 48 minutes ago

I'm sure this would have been a possibility before, but now that we have two Zenos, we are clearly headed towards two sides fighting off each other after the initial tournament.

smurfx

get some go again
I was thinking that too. Xeno seems like a child - albeit one whose life span probably goes beyond the billions. Maybe he has parents that also rule of multiverses.
the multiverse he is in charge of was given to him as a gift from his father who rules over the real multiverse. or perhaps the winner of the tournament will be allowed to enter the real multiverse.

Based Shida is working on a Super episode currently. He hasn't shown up on anything in around a month, I wonder if he's been working on Super that whole time.

Skeeter49

The only thing that needed an extra episode was Vegito vs Zamasu. Everything else is paced good.

I think that last trip needed more time. Starting after the episode where Vegeta beat up Black, which is probably the best paced episode of Super. Honestly I think we needed one more episode with Vegeta fighting Black, and maybe in that time Trunks practices the mafuba. But I think we needed an episode where Black is getting mad he's getting beat by a ningen, and he notices the more he gets mad, the stronger he's getting, and he does more weird shit he doesn't understand that builds to the portal being created.

I do think that episode where Trunks uses the mafuba gets too much hate, yeah it was a little bullshit Trunks did it, the episode didn't look that great at times, the rage scythe portal needed more explaining, but it served the purpose of creating an understandable reason an immortal Zamasu would want to fuse with Black.

Skeeter49

Vegito Blue is really the only fusion issue.

Even then, I'm sure they'll do more with that where the fusion can last longer if Vegeta and Goku are more in sync/ better ki control. And if not, fusion will last as long as the plot demands, like the Gotenks vs. Buu fight, which felt way longer than half an hour.

HeroR

The problem with these setup episodes, character development or not, is that I don't see myself ever wanting to watch more than half of them again. The first time already feels like a drag.

The manga will catch up with the anime because it will most certainly skip all that. I want character development during dramatic battles or during the arcs themselves, I don't want checklist episodes each dedicated to a character, it feels way too superficial.

The pacing in this show is dreadful. The fight against Beerus dragged forever, then the introduction to the return of freeza was shortened and the fight itself extended, then the tournament was shorter than its manga counterpart, the first half of the Trunks arc was unbearably dragging for no reason and the second half ended up being rushed, etc.

They really need to work on the pacing.

The manga aren't catching the manga and the manga needs to set up the teams too.

And calling the first half of the Future Trunks Saga a drag is crazy since most of it went into developing Zamasu, showing Trunks' development, showing how Vegeta change, and Trunks' mental state. And the second half wasn't even that rushed.

The tourument in the anime isn't shorter than the manga. Only the Frost and Botamo stuff was shorter.

So, I can't agree with a thing you wrote.

The manga aren't catching the manga and the manga needs to set up the teams too.

f192fa8b-e4ee-4378-8bef-02ce011989f1.gif

HeroR

What I am saying is that the manga needs to finished the Future Trunks Saga, which is now another month at least, and needs to set up the teams for the other universes. Even if the manga rushes, I can't see the manga catching up to the anime when it's at least two or three months behind.

What I am saying is that the manga needs to finished the Future Trunks Saga, which is now another month at least, and needs to set up the teams for the other universes. Even if the manga rushes, I can't see the manga catching up to the anime when it's at least two or three months behind.

I was joking lol.

I know it was a typo.

NeonZ

I could see the manga only really setting up the U11 and maybe U6 teams, and the U11 team could just be set up by Toppo meeting Goku after the tournament's announcement.

Skeeter49

he has a plan to deal with poachers too

Next Dragon Ball game. Eradicate the Poachers. Play as Zamasu.
Available on all ningen platforms.

Keep killing poachers until Goten, Trunks, and Yamcha appear. Continue killing poachers to summon 17, 18, and Krillin, and kill them.
Then the final boss is a 17 and Yamcha earring fusion.

Other players can join your game as Goku Black portal clones.

The only thing that needed an extra episode was Vegito vs Zamasu. Everything else is paced good.

I thought the pacing was really off, even though I agree the Vegito episode is really the main one that needed more time to breath.

There was alot of episodes where not alot happens and then the whole frantic going back to the future and then returning multiple times segment when they didn't have a plan was bad writing and messed with the pacing of the arc. There's no reason for them going back the second time at all.

HeroR

I thought the pacing was really off, even though I agree the Vegito episode is really the main one that needed more time to breath.

There was alot of episodes where not alot happens and then the whole frantic going back to the future and then returning multiple times segment when they didn't have a plan was bad writing and messed with the pacing of the arc. There's no reason for them going back the second time at all.

They only went to the future once without a plan and that was because Beerus assured them that he changed the future by killing Present Zamasu. So it wasn't 'bad writing' since the show explained why it happened.

Most of the episodes build on who Black was, Trunks' history with Black, Zamasu's development, and Trunks seeing the current world after he left it decades ago. The only episode where not a lot happened was the Gohan episode.

Skeeter49

One thing I hope for the tournament is we see the lessons Goku learned in these past few episodes, come into play for the tournament.

He's been outsmarted a few times, and learned some things, and it'd be a good way to make these episodes feel important, among the other reasons they're important.

CO_Andy

Goku done goofed three times: forgetting the senzu beans, forgetting the talisman, and forgetting he had a win button

He has essentially become the modern Homer Simpson

Do you all prefer Yamcha with shorter hair or longer hair? He's had so many haircuts over the series

I was thinking that too. Xeno seems like a child - albeit one whose life span probably goes beyond the billions. Maybe he has parents that also rule of multiverses.

I could see him having parents

Sandfox

Goku done goofed three times: forgetting the senzu beans, forgetting the talisman, and forgetting he had a win button

He has essentially become the modern Homer Simpson

I wouldn't really call forgetting about the button a goof considering what happened afterwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom