• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOOM (Holiday 2017) and Wolfenstein II (2018) Announced for Nintendo Switch

Can we finally agree that Nintendo is Doomed?

Results are only viewable after voting.

OCD Guy

I'm not buying it either way.

Fair enough, I can see why people who have played it through on console/pc might not feel the need to buy it again, but I hope it sells well.

Good sales is what will make other developers/publishers pay attention and bring similar games across.

I kinda want to support it but not sold yet. I want to know the deets.

But might end up getting it even at $60

I know what you mean, but I personally won't pick it up if it's capped at 30fps. I really don't like 30fps shooters. The last one I played that didn't bother me so much was Killzone 2.

I'd take worse looking graphics over 30fps without hesitation.

I dont care if its 30 or 60. It's DOOM portable on a Nintendo console so it'll be damn unbelievable either way, for me

Yeah I get you. Hopefully there'll be a demo (like on other consoles), if so I'll definitely give it a shot if it's 30fps.

RobbieNick

"I'm not buying it if it's 30FPS!!" (Goes off and plays Destiny 2 at 30 FPS)

I'm super interested in how well it plays. This could be a huge game changer for Nintendo as 3rd parties will have less and less excuses if it can handle PS4 ports.

EDarkness

Anyone NOT gonna buy it if it's 30fps?

I'm not sure. Depends on everything else about the game. Gyro aiming, content, price, etc. I would like to have 60fps and I think that should be their priority, but I'll at least give the game a look if other things are included.

SuperSah

Banned
If 60fps i'll buy day one at full price, I promise.

If 30fps, i'll buy it a little down the line but will still get it. It'll be a hard pill to swallow considering I own the 60fps PS4 version and it's literally sub £10 everywhere, but I'll support the platform for more games like this on the system.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
"I'm not buying it if it's 30FPS!!" (Goes off and plays Destiny 2 at 30 FPS)

I'm super interested in how well it plays. This could be a huge game changer for Nintendo as 3rd parties will have less and less excuses if it can handle PS4 ports.
Doom is not Destiny. 30FPS would feel like a big downgrade from the Doom I know. It wont be the same game.

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
Probably me. Too much of a sacrifice. Might pick it up when it's really cheap if it's 30.

Yeah, I've played Doom at 30 fps when I was trying to run it at 4K with non-garbage settings. It's not good. The game is made to be played at 60, so I really hope they made the sacrifices necessary to get there.

OCD Guy

Doom is not Destiny. 30FPS would feel like a big downgrade from the Doom I know. It wont be the same game.

Exactly. It's like the Switch getting Call of Duty and it being 30fps. It just wouldn't feel right.

I can't see this game being 30fps though. It's gonna be 60 with compromises...Which is ok.

I've got a feeling they're gonna take the same route as the Rocket League devs where their core focus is the framerate first and foremost...

EDarkness

That makes sense but it shouldn't be acceptable for Destiny either.

Perhaps it shouldn't, but Destiny has been 30fps from the beginning. That's the way the game has been played and will be played by a vast number of people. The PC version throws a wrench in the works, but all console folks are going to be playing the game at 30fps even on the Xbox One X. So the NS version of Destiny being 30fps wouldn't be a thing.

Doom, on the other hand is 60fps everywhere and not being 60fps on the NS would feel like a downgrade for some people. I'd much rather they hit the graphics instead of the framerate when it comes to DOOM on the NS. I guess we'll see once previews come out, but I would understand players being upset if it was 30fps.

Si2k78

I'm back. So is the world a better place yet? Have all our questions been answered by Bethesda? Can I sleep well tonight knowing that I'm pre ordering my copy of doom on switch that runs at 60fps? Or are we still grasping on to straws and inventing nonsensical math formulas to predict the frame rate?

OCD Guy

In what world is "super soon" and "very soon", tomorrow?

Yeah a little bit disappointed. I assumed it was going to be imminent.

Now for the mystery of when tomorrow. Similar time to today? Or can I hope that the likes of Eurogamer will have something up in the morning which is only a few hours away in their timezone.

Technically it's the 21st in just over an hour (20 mins in some European Countries) so is there a chance that we might still get some things leaking soon if the embargo is literally just the 21st as someone mentioned earlier...

Yeah a little bit disappointed. I assumed it was going to be imminent.

Now for the mystery of when tomnorrow. Similar time to today? Or can I hope that the likes of Eurogamer will have something up in the morning which is only a few hours away in their timezone.

oh let's give up. Eurogamer for sure will be early if they played it

Seik

Banned
Doom embargo is tomorrow.

We look forward to sharing our footage.

*eats baked potato with nacho cheese*
Are you the face that everyone's been studying for days? XD

If yes, I hope you found that funny. :lol

Is there an embargo on clarifying your expression?

I'm back. So is the world a better place yet? Have all our questions been answered by Bethesda? Can I sleep well tonight knowing that I'm pre ordering my copy of doom on switch that runs at 60fps? Or are we still grasping on to straws and inventing nonsensical math formulas to predict the frame rate?
Lol no. The world is still full of misery and uncertainties.

OCD Guy

Why can't someone just say the fucking embargo time. Embargoes are embargoed now?

That's probably the most annoying thing.

I'd be ok with not hearing anything for a month if we knew it was gonna be on x day at x time.

I can understand the logic with an embargo to release information, but I really can't understand the purpose of not being allowed to say when that information will be made public?!

Top Bottom