• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

After beaten Horizon Zero Dawn, your expectations/wishes in Horizon 2

Turkoop

Banned
First of all, pls mark any spoiler.. I think there are still a lot of people who haven't finished the game.

I hope they will continue with Aloy, after the post-credit scene, there are still questions to be answered.
Otherwise a prequel with someone else and set in the time where
machines started to conquer the world
would also very interesting.
More dungeons and caves would also better. Even the gameplay is perfectly balanced, a sequel or prequel definitely needs some innovations into gameplay.

What are your thoughts ? your criticism?

More robots , I saw someone in another thread mention maybe doing mythical creatures. Idk how that'd work lore wise but it'd be real cool . Also more weapons.

wenaldy

It can be implemented in the next update but Arena-type combat would be cool.
It's a shame Sun Ring is potentially wasted

More Hunters Lodge quest or for PVE hub (some coop cant be hurt).

black070

More in-depth melee system & better human combat - other then that, I could easily put doezons of hours more with just more of what we already have i.e. robot variants, cauldrons, side quests etc.

Raonak

Banned
Co-op multiplayer, atleast for hunting zones or something would be cool.

More mountable machines. Sucks that I can't hop on a sawtooth or stormbird.

Mikey Jr.

1. Not sure what the story in H2 will be, but I would love if this is how it starts...

The game starts and you take control of one of the soldiers defending the base at the grave hoard. Just a bunch of shit going on. We never really get a sense of just what this swarm looked like and how powerful they were.

2. As for mechanics, let me have access to all weapons from a quick menu. Sometimes I just got to lazy to swap shit out, so I would just play with 4 weapons that were on my wheel.

3. Also, the outfits suck ass. I'm sorry. 90% of them are bad. I never feel like a badass wearing them. The oseram one just has this giant diaper on aloys forehead. It is terrible.

4. The inventory management is bad as well.

AtkO

Same. I wouldn't mind playing just after everything goes to shit.

I would happily take a sequel though, Sylens is a really interesting character.

Lmao, Horizon Zero Dawn, a game so interesting and good people ask for Prequels, DLCs and Sequels! =D And I couldn't agree more! Come on Guerilla! KIllzone had great lore but poor story telling based on that lore in games, Horizon has it all so bring us more of it!

ISee

I just can't stop praising horizons awesome sci fi story. Combat was fun, the world was beautiful and very well designed but the story was something else. So for a sequel I wish for another great story!

Also: a bigger open world with flying mounts.

FelipeMGM

A lil better AI when it comes to the human enemies. Wiping out bandit camps were not really fun and way too easy.

A bigger variety in weapons, like more options for the same kind of weapon. And also including them on the loot system. Same for armor

The two that comes to mind right now

we should be able to buy in stacks or bunches when we buy resources. Kinda weird having that with the selling option but the buy option is severely limited. Also what the dude said above. Sort mechanic.

Grisby

Better towns/side quests.

Impactful choices.

They've got a great combat foundation. Now they just need to blow the lid off it.

hydruxo

- More secrets to find in the world. I'm used to exploring every nook and cranny of open world RPGs, and in Horizon doing this is largely a waste of time.
- To go along with the last point, a larger variety of loot. I don't necessarily mind that everything is only bought from vendors, but I'd like to see more variants of different bows/slings/etc. Larger selection of outfits as well. I think GG didn't want it to be a loot driven game, so they steered away from having enemies drop any sort of loot outside of crafting resources + hearts/lenses.
- More enterable buildings in cities/towns. Many of the buildings only exist as a facade in Horizon.
- Improved human AI + combat.
- Dialogue choices having more effect on outcomes.
- Allow us to mount nearly every machine (if not all)

Other than that, I absolutely loved the game so just more of everything that GG nailed would be fantastic.

HORDE MODE!!!

What I'm really hoping for actually is way more visual customization for weapons and outfits. Like changing the kind of fabric, color, material, etc. I want to go around and find paste and then see a merchant in the city who sells fabric to let me craft my own outfits. Same goes for weapons. I'd spend hours putting feathers or something on a bow. Any kind of vanity crafting would keep me playing for much longer.

Speaking of spending hours, the photo mode is awesome but it is still primitive (no pun intended). Detaching the camera from Aloy would be my biggest suggestion here, but it just needs to be a little more like a theater mode.

It's not necessarily a feature, but I want the day/night cycle out in the world to not be as quick as it is now, and night time should be black or blue, not green.

I think the biggest improvement will come with populating the world with more areas to explore, more secrets to discover, and more ancient ruins. The most interesting parts of the game to me were the ruins of cities and facilities moreso than the newer villages and towns.

Also, more Tallnecks (both of these are from E3)

5b224d25df6efb44659177e23e422eb2.gif

fdd9bb44cf861d14bf6a02c8e089574b.gif

I'd prefer if they just went further down the dinosaur route with the machines. The coolest ones to me are the Watcher (Velociraptor), Thunderjaw (Trex), Stormbird (functionally a Pterodactyl) and the Tallnecks (Brontosaurus, of course)

Turkoop

Banned
- More secrets to find in the world. I'm used to exploring every nook and cranny of open world RPGs, and in Horizon doing this is largely a waste of time.
- To go along with the last point, a larger variety of loot. I don't necessarily mind that everything is only bought from vendors, but I'd like to see more variants of different bows/slings/etc. Larger selection of outfits as well. I think GG didn't want it to be a loot driven game, so they steered away from having enemies drop any sort of loot outside of crafting resources + hearts/lenses.
- More enterable buildings in cities/towns. Many of the buildings only exist as a facade in Horizon.

Other than that, I absolutely loved the game so just more of everything that GG nailed would be fantastic.

good points!

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Better quests, better characters. Some setpieces here and there. Keep aloy. And improve the loot system a bit. I want more mods with double effects. Give me 50 damage AND 50 handling in one mod.

Have some kind of end game where you can get more and more powerful and still face powerful enemies. Something like Destiny where you get enemies above your level but you can still do great damage by upgrading your weapons.

List:
1. Storage chest
2. Bigger weapon wheel
3. More weapon/armor diversity I.e. Customization
4. More robot diversity
5. More side quests
6. More animals
7. Re-work the climbing system. Shouldn't just be on ledges with white grips.
8. Let us mount more robots.
9: Map filters
Edit:I agree with I guess this goes with more side quests. Have Robot bounties.
Co-op is a personal want at least for some sort of FF/horde mode.

Kin5290

More robot bounties a la Witcher 3. More wildlife, including hostile wildlife. Improved human AI, and maybe stronger humanoid enemies (like, perhaps, functional servitors from the Metal World). An adorable puppy.

Keep Aloy as the player character, please.

Maybe revamp the bow mechanics so that damage is dependent on draw strength for impact type arrows but not elemental arrows. And an explosive arrow for taking out weak points on larger machines, like what was present in the early trailers. It could be balanced by, say, you needing to loot the fuses from Thunderjaw carcasses.

Frostman

I agree with everything, especially the loot points.

I didn't like how we basically had access to some of the best weapons 10 hours in, maybe less depending on how you play.

I feel they could have added better rewards for the Cauldrons, perhaps loot from the old ones. Antique loot, unique weapon models would have been cool.

Anung

Un Rama
Either less human fights or better designed ones. The ones in this game were lame as hell.

Robot insects is such a good shout! ^

I would ask for better human combat, I think that's obvious. But I also would ask for a more interactive world. I loved going into pubs, stores, random buildings in the Witcher 3. It just really adds to the immersion.

Stormbird mount!
Seems like a no brainer. Also, go more wild with the robot designs. Do dragons, Chimeras, Minotaurs, Giant Snakes, Bears, Monkeys, wolves, etc.

More meaningful sidequests and explore other characters more.

Let me use whatever helmet I want, chest piece, whatever. Don't make rigid outfits. Human AI needs a bump too.

Quality of life improvements are a must and I fully expect them to be done for a sequel, if not a future patch. Filtering and sorting of maps and resources. A stash or something to dump some resources.

I'd like to see armor pieces instead of sets in the future if they can swing it. Improvements to quests and characters. Snag the concept of Witcher Contracts and use them as a way to face tougher and more unique machines. Improvement to towns -- I'd like to see more density and depth if it's possible. I hate to bring up Witcher again, but I'm a big fan of what they did with Novigrad. Sure a lot of it doesn't serve a purpose, but it feels lived-in unlike a lot of video game towns and cities. I'd like to see more of that brought to this franchise.

Wabba

I agree on every point.

For myself better crafting, better trap uses, better hacking.

Also I would like to be able to build/craft my own robots, make it so you have to tie certain Robots down so you can tear off needed pieces in order for you to combine as you wish.

As well I want a way to order Robots I have hacked to follow me or attack targets. Let me go raise a robot army of saw tooth's and go overwhelm settlements.

Either remove the rpg gear elements or develop them much further. As is, there was pretty much no thinking whatsoever required to pick and mod gear.

Massive overhaul of the inventory system. Choosing what to sell, selling stacks of goods and overall inventory management are wretched right now.

Considerable upgrade of the writing in everything unrelated to the past. When the game was delving in the past, things were pretty decent, and often even good. Anything happening outside of the ruins was completely uninteresing, especially anything related to meridian.

Find a way to make climbing interesting.

Since the game is inspired by ubisoft, might as well lift the QoL improvements that they've standardized, such as not needing to tag every enemy individually. Allow me to buy an upgrade to autotag everything on an area around the crosshair or whatever. In the same vein, notice how ubi very rarely, if ever, puts 20+ enemies in a single bandit camp.

overhaul the fuck outta melee combat.

Patapwn

1. More tools to deal with human enemies. There are plenty of options for tackling the machines but what about something like lure arrows that make a noise and lure a group to a spot which you can then detonate or a device you can plant that calls in enemy machines to a location.

2. Better human ai. They're too much like fodder in Horizon. Give them more abilities and intelligence.

3. More machines. Bigger machines. maybe stuff you can climb to take out? It would be interesting if we could actually grapple on to the machines.

4. I'm not saying it needs to be BOTW but introducing more dynamic mechanics like the little stealth fields being ignitable would be cool. Imagine a group of machines wonder into a field and then hit it with fire arrows to make the whole thing go up in smoke. Stuff like that

5. Underwater gameplay? Robot Plesiosaurs? This stuff writes itself.

Zakalwe

Banned
They made an open world action game with shallow RPG elements tagged on. They added enough of the shallow RPG elements that the game became an RPG by default. They need to either expand these elements so they're not so shallow, or refine/innovate them somehow so they compliment an action game more and aren't just tacked on the side.

I'd much prefer the latter, but I can't imagine what they would be so I just listed a bunch of obvious RPG style improvements that would, imo, improve what we currently have a good deal.

A loot system/better rewards for exploration.
Better human combat.
A more interesting set of skills to unlock, most were quite dull.
Deeper melee combat options.
Allowing us to hide helms.
Free climbing.
Free rappelling.
-- Or some kind of additional movement option(s)
More interactivity in the open world/more things to do in towns.
More buildings we can enter.
More control over hacked machines.
Underwater exploration.

Wuiji

+ More robots
+ More weapon variety
+ Filtering on the map
+ Some actual AI
+ More wildlife
+ Better climbing/ability to grab onto ledges that aren't just highlighted with white paint or are yellow.
+ The ability to free roam the camera in Photo mode (like in Forza/Forza Horizon).

- Less random drops crafting
- Less repetitive side missions
- Less of Aloy telling me how to use the Focus for the 1000th time
- Less "Go here, Focus that, follow!"

Find a way to make climbing interesting.

Either more bird shit on the ledges or grips are visible in the focus.

I had a number of issues of trying to figure out where to go and had a similar conversation with a few friends who played the game as well. Most of them came to me asking if they were blind but I told them I had similar issues.

Top Bottom