• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

South Park: The Fractured but Whole |OT| Asses of Fire Emblem

AHA-Lambda

Does anyone know what the exclusive pre order bonus was for ordering from the ubisoft store?
It never said, and I've received bugger all except for towelie

I'm guessing I need a power later on in the game (currently 6 hours in) but the windmill sticks that are scattered everywhere do, do something right?

Chopper

Does anyone know what the exclusive pre order bonus was for ordering from the ubisoft store?
It never said, and I've received bugger all except for towelie
I got an awesome little Captain Diabetes pin badge that wasn't advertised as part of the Collector's Edition. Maybe that?

About to buy it but have 1 question.

For the South Park fans out there. Is this game as funny, if not funnier, than SOT ?

I’m about 5 hours in and I think it’s as funny as SoT. For those who’s new to the serie, you should definitely play SoT before this game because you will visit places presented in SoT.

The story is very weak so far but this feels like an accumulation of SP mini episodes than one grand giant adventure. The side quests are funny and it’s story has nothing to do with the main story. Random characters shoot some random jokes. I can see why people might not like this direction but for me this is like a non-stop SP goodness.

Stuart444

Just beat (Spoilers for a little bit into day 3)
Butter's Dad. Hardest fight yet imo (On heroic combat difficulty I think) but quite funny. We're the ungroundable kid!

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."
I glad I forced myself to stop playing last night and get a good amount of sleep.

This is one of those games that's so fun that you end up playing until the point where it doesn't because of exhaustion. Now I'm eager to jump back in.

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."
I play on the hardest difficulty but my character isn't black :( ok maybe on the second playthrough

Micro-aggression! *smack*

You'll end up replaying it if you're anything like me. I rewatch most of the South Park seasons every 3-4 years, and I've done the same with Stick of Truth because it's like a whole season that's interactive. This game feels like it's nearly 2 seasons.

N° 2048

Micro-aggression! *smack*

You'll end up replaying it if you're anything like me. I rewatch most of the South Park seasons every 3-4 years, and I've done the same with Stick of Truth because it's like a whole season that's interactive. This game feels like it's nearly 2 seasons.

Yep, same.

Show is fucking amazing.

shaneo632

Anyone know where you can buy the revive potions? I found them in a vending machine during a mission but I don't know where you can persistently buy them around town.

cucuchu

I'm about 7 or 8 hours in but I've been meandering and just exploring as much as I can without advancing the story. Enjoying the shit out of it and its been a nice break from my Destiny 2 weekly grinds. I have not really been following the show for the last 6 or 7 years but that has not effected my enjoyment of the game for me at all.

One thing though,
in the artifacts menu, is there an easy way to distinguish between minor/major/epic artifacts? I feel like I should have more recipes for major artifacts because so far those are rather limited.

How am I supposed to catch
Clyde's hamster in his room? I do time reversal, but he still runs into the vent?

Very minor spoiler above

apd_ng

How am I supposed to catch
Clyde's hamster in his room? I do time reversal, but he still runs into the vent?

Very minor spoiler above

Come back later

One thing though,
in the artifacts menu, is there an easy way to distinguish between minor/major/epic artifacts? I feel like I should have more recipes for major artifacts because so far those are rather limited.

Via shapes I guess is the best way

pablito

Played for a couple hours last night.

I was worried when I heard the gameplay was changed from SOT (I avoided previews since I knew I was going to get it anyway), but it's fun so far. I'm actually glad for it now, as a copy pasted SOT combat system could have been stale.

Crafting seems unnecessary, just a way to add playtime.

Enjoying it so far though. Hope we get to find out why mom is sobbing so much. I don't remember anything from SOT that gives me any clues.

DeaDPo0L84

Combat changes alone make this better than SoT for me personally. Its much more engaging and requires a lot more planning, like playing a tactics game.

Newman96

Just picked this up...didn't realise it came with The Stick of Truth (which I've never played). I'm quite keen to jump straight in to TFBH and come back to TSoT...would I be alright doing this or will I get lost?

lucypirates

Unconfirmed Member
The game has been a blast so far, I'm roughly 6 hours in mostly exploring and engaging in the usual SP hijinks. I really like the improved combat changes as many have said, I find myself planning more early versus from what I remember from SOT.

The only thing I'm not a fan of so far is all the Ubisoft Club exclusive collateral I'm seeing with challenge prompts, costume exclusive selfie NPC notes, etc. I begrudgingly made an account to see what the hell it was all about, like I get it Ubisoft you made the game but it feels like I'm seeing in-game ads.

AHA-Lambda

Any hints for getting past
Bootay
on Night 1?

I got an awesome little Captain Diabetes pin badge that wasn't advertised as part of the Collector's Edition. Maybe that?

well that doesn't help when it was advertised on the digital download options too =/

Any hints for getting past
Bootay
on Night 1?

I had the Speedster class, or whatever it's called, and pretty much just used the ability that throws enemies behind you. Died the first time I tried the fight, but once I kept doing that, it was really easy.

On that note, this game has some really good boss encounters. I'm surprised at how good the combat can be at times.

Lucifon

I can't seem to get the rewards to unlock... I already used the Ubisoft Club app but if I try to put the Assassins outfit on I get sent back to Ubisoft Club :

Edit: Nvm I can't read

How did you fix this? I've unlocked these in Ubisoft club and pretty sure I collected them from my toy chest. My toy chest is now empty. When I go to try put them on it sends me to the Ubisoft club again to unlock them... But they're unlocked.

Xbox one version.

Top Bottom