• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

South Park: The Fractured but Whole |OT| Asses of Fire Emblem

HiiiLife

Just got to the part with
the kids giving the creepy old dudes lap dances.
such a fucked up game lol. Never watched the show but this is fun.

eizarus

Banned
That sounds far more fucked up than it is funny. Any impressions from people who don't think the normalisation of racist language amongst whites is hilarious?
I can see where you're coming from, however I don't think that's the case here/you've got the wrong end of the stick. I'm laughing at how she became as soon as she realised how bad it all sounds, like I mentioned.

Also neither of us are white.

Spy

I don't know if this is the right place to ask but I had assumed with the game being released, they would finally start selling The Stick of Truth as a standalone product. Apparently they haven't but I learned a code for it comes with the physical version of the game, is anyone willing to sell theirs? I've been wanting to play TSoT for a very long time now.

PS4-NA
Final quote for a new page.

Mutombo

i havent played any of the south park games; a question to who've played both: if I had to play only one, which one should I play?

Locust

i havent played any of the south park games; a question to who've played both: if I had to play only one, which one should I play?
Only about 6 hours in to the new one, but I'd say SoT. The writing in it is sharper and the gameplay is more focused with not as much Ubisoft-style padding.

Every time in battle when a car drives by I die laughing.

I love this game.
Gets me every time!

I played about 4 hours last night and really enjoyed my time. I do think this game is more enjoyable as a South Park fan then not however, knowing the characters, there humour and stories just enhances the game.

I was playing with a friend who doesn't watch the series and when we met Randy and he set the mission of finding the culprit, I knew immediately who we were looking for.

Great game, not fussed about the lack of weapons at all as I like the artifact system.

Bersi

That sounds far more fucked up than it is funny. Any impressions from people who don't think the normalisation of racist language amongst whites is hilarious?

Also I'm curious about the side quest quallity? Do they feel less fleshed out and more repetitive than those in the first game?
I mean...that's just cartman,in the first game the game headquarter was called kingdom of kupa keep (kkk),he'just another instance of him being racist witthout even realizing it,with all the fucked up things he's done this is not even in the top 20.,i found it hard to believe that someone would ever like south park if he got offended by cartman's superhero name.

DeaDPo0L84

Battle system is a tad confusing, specifically wth im supposed to do when X pops up. I understand when i need to rapidly press to fill in the bubble. But i dont get what im supposed to do when being attacked. X button pops up and has a short timer but idk if im supposed to just press it or rapidly press it. Also doing attacks and X pops up but i fail every time. Still early on so ill figure it out but wouldve liked a proper tutorial. Playing as the fire class if anyone can help explain it.

Roussow

That first night time sequence was pretty incredible, I think it's way the fuck up there with anything in The Stick of Truth, while not as all out crazy, it's a better paced sequence than any of those, plus it's not as random, calling a South Park scene organic doesn't sound quite right, so I'll just go with less random. Plus the combat sequences there were really great, some really inventive fight-specific mechanics, more interesting than just the enemy variety and hilarity of attacks of the first game, although this game has that too.
They've fucking nailed it.

Mathrin

Amazon have now come back and cancelled my copy of the steelbook edition straight up saying they couldn’t get any copies of it.

So here I am, 1 day post launch and probably not trusting amazon uk for a preorder ever again.

Salty. As. Fuck.

Stuart444

So uhh, I just turned my PS4 on with SP in rest mode, it loads up and suddenly I hear Mackie going "You can be referred to as Gynasexual" (I think?) along with some other dialogue from him.

I was in the Police station with him no where near here as well. o_O

edit: I just wandered around the Police station, went into the Soft room and went "FUCK" when I saw what room I went into.
The scary ass clown room from that episode with the foster home including an appearance from the guy who wants me to pass his headshot around town >_>

moerser

everytime i open my phone and want to change costumes, nothing happens. not even the exit button. i have to completely close the phone. cant change costumes.
was about to get my first artifact, but i cant press anything on that screen so i had to alt f4. anybody else experiencing something similar?

Heyo, quick question RE the PC version.
I bought the Gold edition from GMG but there was only 1 code, is this right?
Whenever I try to access the DLC or uPlay Club options in the main menu then nothing happens.

Is there anyway on uPlay to see what DLC I have for it?

I've got Towlie but that might just be because I preordered it.

Guys. This game is fucking addicting. I've already unlocked my
third
class

I love using my assassins creed costume with an added black mask to make it more of a costume. I also love how long it took to unlock bleeding, which was extremely OP in the first game, when you get
assassin

ViciousDS

Banned
Every time in battle when a car drives by I die laughing.

I love this game.

First time it happened I thought it was just a one time scripted event......second time it happened I died and wasn’t expecting it

Battle system is a tad confusing, specifically wth im supposed to do when X pops up. I understand when i need to rapidly press to fill in the bubble. But i dont get what im supposed to do when being attacked. X button pops up and has a short timer but idk if im supposed to just press it or rapidly press it. Also doing attacks and X pops up but i fail every time. Still early on so ill figure it out but wouldve liked a proper tutorial. Playing as the fire class if anyone can help explain it.

All the systems are available but they slowly explain what the button does after a few battles.

Pressing A/X after getting attacked gives a small boost to your ultimate bar

MarveI

About to buy it but have 1 question.

For the South Park fans out there. Is this game as funny, if not funnier, than SOT ?

Chopper

About to buy it but have 1 question.

For the South Park fans out there. Is this game as funny, if not funnier, than SOT ?

SoT is funnier imo. Super Heroes theme is great but nothing beats Lords of the Rings theme imo. Don't really like farts playing such a major role, gets a bit old now ( 9 hours in atm ).

Mendrox

From impressions it seems like the gameplay is better than SOT but the writing/story is worse.

Nyaa I disagree. It's way better in the story department imo. Where as SoT was Season 1-14/15 which felt nostalgic, this game is more original and clever how everything comes together towards the end. I liked it more.

Chopper

The majority of the humor is centered around farting.
This isn't strictly true. It's a big game.

The truth is that the four abilities you obtain over the course of the game revolve around farting.

Other than that there are no fart jokes. It's a very funny game.

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.
Game is pretty sweet. Just got to the
stripclub mission
then I realized it was 1am and had to shut it off and go to sleep.

Stuart444

The truth is that the four abilities you obtain over the course of the game revolve around farting.

Also your buddy abilities as well.

Enjoying the game though. :D

depths20XX

There's definitely other fart jokes lol

sjay1994

There are so many hidden interactions in this game

I tried to circumvent some things because I saw them in a stream, and how the game reacts to me trying to skip stuff is great

Trying to skip the intro cutscene:
is met with Cartman constantly telling you not to, and that the intro is fucking sweet until around your 6th time trying when it finally lets you

Entering a password to a door without finding the password in game
I saw the password in a stream to Cartman's door and tried to enter it, causing him to pop up in the top right dressed as a footbal coach, and referred to me as Tom Brady and as a fucking cheater

Game is great

Pilgrimzero

There are so many hidden interactions in this game

I tried to circumvent some things because I saw them in a stream, and how the game reacts to me trying to skip stuff is great

Trying to skip the intro cutscene:
is met with Cartman constantly telling you not to, and that the intro is fucking sweet until around your 6th time trying when it finally lets you

Entering a password to a door without finding the password in game
I saw the password in a stream to Cartman's door and tried to enter it, causing him to pop up in the top right dressed as a footbal coach, and referred to me as Tom Brady and as a fucking cheater

Game is great

It’s also the password from the first game

Top Bottom