• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Xbox One Rumors: PS4 PSN > XBL, snap crashes games, ES RAM life long bottleneck

Status
Not open for further replies.
When snapping with a game, is that two OSes working at the same time? Don't apps and games have their own custom OS?

Hell, I forget what the third one is for.

Marvel

could never
sNgltsP_zps9185d985.gif

So, are people still denying? I know Reddit's XboxOne community is very stubborn and selective with their reasoning, but it seems we are getting all kinds of confirmations from all kinds of people. I mean, past thuway, CBOAT, and Mort.

What are the chances this is all incredibly overblown or just flat out false?

I know there was one very weak rumour this morning about PS4 also having OS issues because of reversed DRM. Even so, that rumour has really taken off by people who seem convinced of the Youtuber who posted it.

I need truthfacts

Even as someone who is most likely buying a PS4 I still find it annoying that negative xbox one rumors generate a "Good! I knew it all along response!" While negative PS4 rumors are just dismissed as nonsense rumors.

The eSRAM is so clearly not the bottleneck.

There's a clear GPU disparity, but the eSRAM won't be a big issue for long.

The tools to access it may become more developed, but the size of the eSRAM isn't going to magically increase due to the tools. Devs are saying that 32MB isn't enough

Can't bring myself to really believe it's as severe as this tbh.

No offense, Thuway, mad respect bro, but what you're describing seems a tad... unthinkable.

mitchman

Gold Member
Imagine if this still had the DRM on top of it.

Software-wise, it would probably be more mature if that was the case. Penello basically said that dropping DRM caused a major shift in priorities and lots of extra work, mean less time to work on the other features.

Mugatu

I'm starting to think that there's something wrong - even MS can't think of releasing such a broken system as this is sounding to be.

Xenon

Isn't funny how we keep hearing doom and gloom for MS while almost all positives for Sony from the same insiders.

Time will tell but I feel like the picture being painted is a bit one sided.

Freki

So is this the assstorm CBOAT was alluding to?
Snap was one of the core features during the initial xbox one reveal - would be pretty embarassing if snap had to be disabled for launch...

Parablank

Denzel-Washington-Boom-Gif.gif

If this is true, I wonder how much mindshare they'll lose. For years I've heard better online as a constant buying point for the 360 and I don't think they can really afford to lose this one. They still have dedicated servers and the
c̶l̶o̶u̶d̶
of course, but if they don't have their shit together by the 22nd then this is going to damage them a lot.

LordJim

Next Gen race has been so amazing.
XBone has fallen over at the start line and screams incoherently, WiiU races itself at a different track, PS4 is just walking slowly while taking water breaks and powernaps and expects to be applauded for running the marathon and PC crossed the finish line two years ago.

Everyone thinking in the back of their heads 'At least we are not Ouya'

Xevious

Banned
This thread should be locked. It doesn't promote discussion at all, all it does is promote Xbox One bash-fest. It's getting old.

Wasn't the third one to manage the other two?
No wonder I keep forgetting about it. Sounds like it may not be doing the best job of it.

Is that third OS where all the core Xbox Live stuff lives? Seeing as how Xbox Live crosses every facet of the console I mean.

Magwik

Banned
Honestly neither console should be launching this year. The games and services aren't ready. PS4 should have been with inFAMOUS and X1 with Titanfall.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom