• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
I'm starting to play the catch 'em all game, keeping at least one of each fully evolved enemy in case I need them in the future for some reason. I was throwing so much away, golems, which I had no idea could be evolved into 5* warriors, the harpy demons which are used for Hera etc. So I've started playing the Pokemon game at this point. Going to work on multiple dual color evolutions where I can as well, like with the ogres.

Seeing my monster box getting more and more unique monsters is fulfilling. This was brought on by getting the fire golem after pulling the Water Mech Warrior Midgard. It also gives me something more simple to work toward when I can't work on evolving gods and such.

I currently have 77 monsters that are unique (not duplicates or lesser/greater evolutions of each other) in my favs.

ccbfan

I didn't play during the beginning.

The special dungeon when I started was the dark sky dragon and light sky dragon.

What special dungeons did I miss before hand. I'm guessing I missed red, blue and green sky dragons since the game goes

red -> blue -> green -> light -> dark.

Did I miss another set of special dungeons?

I wish for an easy to get little dragon dungeon soon.

what do i need to evolve the green odin and where can i find it? i'm guess some sort of tech dungeon i clearly haven't done yet.

http://puzzle-dragons-global.wikia.com/wiki/Odin

Where can I go to TRY and get a gold mask? Does the blue tech dungeon have a chance on having one?

If you mean a divine gold mask, then your only options are Wednesday dungeon and Light element technical dungeons (order is wood > ice > fire > light > dark)

ParityBit

If you mean a divine gold mask, then your only options are Wednesday dungeon and Light element technical dungeons (order is wood > ice > fire > light > dark)

Oooph! I am not sure I can get to the light dungeon with this team. I am working on the 3rd level of the ice and died once already!

xelios

Went ahead and evolved my green golem since I had pretty good luck in the emerald dungeon, couldn't think of anything else to use it on at the time.

photo32uouj3.png

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
This might be completely non-news for you guys, but I JUST NOW realized that to get the AoE attack, the 5 matched orbs, they don't have to be in a row, they can also be at an angle. MIND BLOWN.

like this:

O O O
X X O
X X O

also results in an AoE.

HOW DID I NOT REALIZE THIS EARLIER. Would've saved me so much trouble, because I always tried to make straight lines and top-down straight lines can't be moved around as they block the whole way. DAMN.

xelios

This might be completely non-news for you guys, but I JUST NOW realized that to get the AoE attack, the 5 matched orbs, they don't have to be in a row, they can also be at an angle. MIND BLOWN.

like this:

O O O
X X O
X X O

also results in an AoE.

HOW DID I NOT REALIZE THIS EARLIER. Would've saved me so much trouble, because I always tried to make straight lines and top-down straight lines can't be moved around as they block the whole way. DAMN.

Yeah I use that often, because there's often the setup of only the corner missing. I also do this occasionally when feeling lazy.

OO
OO
OO

Also the penis

XOX
XOX
OOO

Smiley90

Yeah I use that often, because there's often the setup of only the corner missing. I also do this occasionally when feeling lazy.

OO
OO
OO

well MY mind was blown. Played this game for a while now but NEVER noticed it. I feel pretty stupid right now.

xelios

I think it's just part of the game. Ah hah! moments and gradual skill increase. When I first started I would move orbs one at a time to set up a mass attack, and always in a straight line...now tell me that isn't stupid.

Now within a few seconds I can spot how to set one up and whether the line, corner or T shape is quickest/most efficient and/or will let me make the most other combos on the way to setting it up. It's rare I'm not making at least 3 combos per turn and only in very tight situations that I stare at the board longer than 5-10 seconds without making my move. I've seen videos of Japanese players being VERY quick and very good with combos with only taking a few seconds to think about it, it just takes a lot of practice and it will become second nature.

But yeah, major realizations like this are game changers.

thaOwner

Edit: what site do you guys use to upload your images ?

I've hit a wall. With all the pets I have, I can't seem to progress pass the Red Guardian on the 5th floor of the tower of flare. Any suggestions ? Thanks.

Smiley90

Edit: what site do you guys use to upload your images ?

I've hit a wall. With all the pets I have, I can't seem to progress pass the Red Guardian on the 5th floor of the tower of flare. Any suggestions ? Thanks.

imgur.com

xCobalt

Any tips on Flame Mech Master? Siren + Flame Damage mitigater and around 8000 HPs?

Two flame resistors as leader + Siren + 2 Rainbow Keeper/Mech golem + Water monster with a nuke would be ideal. The dragon can charge up its attack and hit for nearly 32000 damage (about 8000 with two flame resists). It has another attack which it uses at about 40% health and that does about 29000 damage. It doesn't need to be charged up so it'll hit without warning. When that move does hit, make sure to activate defensive stance for its next move. When I attempted master, it hit me with that move twice in a row so you have to make sure your health is topped up. If you have a team composition like I mentioned, I would feel comfortable with at least 10,000 health.

ToxicAdam

Two flame resistors as leader + Siren + 2 Rainbow Keeper/Mech golem + Water monster with a nuke would be ideal. The dragon can charge up its attack and hit for nearly 32000 damage (about 8000 with two flame resists). It has another attack which it uses at about 40% health and that does about 29000 damage. It doesn't need to be charged up so it'll hit without warning. When that move does hit, make sure to activate defensive stance for its next move. When I attempted master, it hit me with that move twice in a row so you have to make sure your health is topped up. If you have a team composition like I mentioned, I would feel comfortable with at least 10,000 health.

Thanks. I think I can give it a shot. Wish I had an aurora dragon, but my Pellie will have to do.

thaOwner

Minerva as leader + Lakshmi + two water dragons + Succubus + healer as leader (preferably siren). The last boss has really high defense but only 70 hp. With poison, your succubus will take it down in one turn.

I have a Siren with a maxed out skill if you need one. She can switch orbs every 5 rounds.

341'534'293

Thanks guys. I just successfully completed that level and I added you as well Toxic

ccbfan

hmmmm don't look like I'm getting that flame mech dragon :(

Same here.

Been working on it all day.

Wife out of the house. Junk food and beer. TV on.

Basically been going Dragons of tower until I have 25 stamina then Mech dragon expert level
repeat. Allows me not to worry about stamina plus get a bunch of dragon plants since I had horrible luck thursday.

Did it 8 time today, nothing. No healer girl no boss drop.

Stopping for today as wife coming home soon.

Hopefully tomorrow has the double drop.

I've gotten nothing of value to drop from the fire mech dungeon except for tyrants. But I had a great run in the emerald dragon dungeon. Got a king and two highs. Combined with a couple of pengdras on my ADK.

Best part was the "great" fusion bonus when it happened. Dude jumped almost 20 levels.

Still should have one more flamemech run today, unless I rank up

I don't understand combos. How do you spot them? Also I need friends to add.

Look for groups of "almost matches" on the board. There are some very common patterns in the OP of the thread, along with a diagram indicating where to start, and how to drag to line them up. At any given point there's probably at least 5 or 6 "near" matches on the board. Now instead of picking up one the one stone that's out of place and moving it to the correct place, make the match by using another stone to drag "through" it which will displace the out of place stone and put it in the correct place. With multiple near matches on the board, you can take this starting stone that you're dragging and line up multiple groups of stones at once, and when you finally let go of the initial stone, you'll have a big combo

godspoken

Alright, I'm starting to like this game. I think I'll be onboard for this longer than I was for Fantasica (which I only played for the artwork). I'm starting to really get a hang of combos and can chain without just relying on luck now, lol. My ID is 392,723,208 if you don't already have a full friends list.

Smiley90

Hey xelios, would you mind putting your Amu up for a bit, so I can take a run at Flame Mecha expert? :x Or anyone else with a healer... like a Siren would probably be perfect too. I have to wait until next week to evolve mine :(

EDIT: Nvm saw raiod has his evolved siren up, I'll use that in the meantime! :)

Boken

Banned
Hey xelios, would you mind putting your Amu up for a bit, so I can take a run at Flame Mecha expert? :x Or anyone else with a healer... like a Siren would probably be perfect too. I have to wait until next week to evolve mine :(

EDIT: Nvm saw raiod has his evolved siren up, I'll use that in the meantime! :)

If you had a damage reducer, you dont need a healer at all

J0dy77

OO
OO
OO

Also the penis

XOX
XOX
OOO

And don't forget the cross which happens quite often.

OXO
XXX
OXO

On the other extremely depressing side note. I am nearing (and trust me when I'm not exaggerating) 100 runs at mermaid forest and still no siren drop. I really don't know how some of you guys wind up with 80 eggs or a ton of these super rares from farming dungeons but this game is purely dumb luck. I knew forcing the rare pulls was going to be a big part of this game but it's getting to the point of ridiculous and taking away from the enjoyment. I don't mind farming for something if there is a legit chance I'll get it, this is just a joke. I have two level 50 accounts now and have only ever seen 1 end boss drop. What am I doing differently or wrong?

Kosh

‎[US] - Metal Dragon Schedule (15 Stamina) 1/27/2013 PST

Check your 3rd digit on the left of your ID as it classifies which group you belong to

(A: 0,5) (B: 1,6) (C:2,7) (D:3,8) (E:4,9)

A: 12:00 17:00 22:00
B: 8:00 13:00 18:00
C: 9:00 14:00 19:00
D: 10:00 15:00 20:00
E: 11:00 16:00 21:00

love pendras. took my earth dragon from 1 to 43 one 1 fuse. so awesome...

q : i'm past the castle of satan...so i have tech and normal dungeons. whats the difference difficulty wise? not sure how to progress

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom