• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FFVII Remake (part 1?) voice recording is almost finished

openrob

I was pleasantly surprised with the voice acting in the trailer.

It would be crazy if come E3 they revealed Part 1 was close to done and ready for a Holiday 2017/Early 2018 release.

Shenmue 3 and FFVII remake in possibly the same month... Is the world ready?

Interesting, but from my understand japan usually do the voice recordings first before production starts. Atleast for animation studio is. Than they would do the animation, drawing, and so on aftetward. Voice recording is usually a pre production stage.

Nope, in anime production voice acting is one of the last things to be done.
Games are different though.

hichanbis

Banned
One day they tell us it's far from being finished and the next voice acting is a wrap.

What the hell SE?!

Anyway looking forward to E3 now

considering they haven't got much to record since its clearly going to be midgar only + ton of pointless sidequests, that some people will lap up as $60 content i'm not surprised.

Philippo

Hype expectations (1.5 year gaps between releases):
Part 1 - Fall 2017
Part 2 - Spring 2019
Part 3 - Fall 2020 (cross-gen)

Realistic expectations (2 years gaps):
Part 1 - Spring 2018
Part 2 - Spring 2020 (cross-gen)
Part 3 - Spring 2022 (cross-gen, maybe? current gen might be dead and buried by then)

GunBR

I'm expecting the meltdowns when they announce that the game will have 5 parts and the first one ends with the party leaving Midgar

Nope, in anime production voice acting is one of the last things to be done.
Games are different though.
Yep, usually in anime the voice acting is recorded after the animation is done, but lip-syncing isn't exactly an high priority with that type of animation. Pretty sure that with the more realistic labial movement of a 3d FF cutscene the animators need the final VA before they can finalize the animation

If Midgar encompasses the first episode, the game will have undergone some heavy revisions. What could possible quadruple the length of that section?

Wasnt there a rumor that they want to wait for next-gen with the release?

I think that's more of a wish than a rumour.

I'd love them to target next gen, simply because the complete game won't be finished until well into the next generation of consoles, if not at the end of next gen. I don't want to have to replay the complete game across two consoles, or deal with Chapter 1 being noticeably sub-par graphically to subsequent chapters in the inevitable "complete" edition.

ynwzh

Neo Member
Hype expectations (1.5 year gaps between releases):
Part 1 - Fall 2017
Part 2 - Spring 2019
Part 3 - Fall 2020 (cross-gen)

Realistic expectations (2 years gaps):
Part 1 - Spring 2018
Part 2 - Spring 2020 (cross-gen)
Part 3 - Spring 2022 (cross-gen, maybe? current gen might be dead and buried by then)

Are these without any XVI in development?

I wonder if gameplay and all battle system are the same for all episodes, ep3 same as ep1 you did 4-5 years ago, cause all that whole is an one game
or like if in ep2 you select load ep1's save to continue or new game start at LV1 and no gil

Neptune

I'm looking forward to buying Final Fantasy VII: The Complete Collection on PlayStation 6 in 2027. Just in time for the 30th anniversary!

ViciousDS

Banned
I'm expecting the meltdowns when they announce that the game will have 5 parts and the first one ends with the party leaving Midgar

Something tells me the pillar collapse and shinra raid will be another part lol

Watch part 2 be an entire flashback episode with him being in SOLDIER and with sephiroth

Philippo

Are these without any XVI in development?

With, which is probably already in some form of developement, speculations says by the same division that handles XIV.

Plus VII is mostly (?) outsourced except core members, so it wouldn't be an hindrance to XVI's developement.
Just need to figure out when it releases, but i guess it will be at the very end of the gen.

I wonder if gameplay and all battle system are the same for all episodes, ep3 same as ep1 you did 4-5 years ago, cause all that whole is an one game
or like if in ep2 you select load ep1's save to continue or new game start at LV1 and no gil

Yeah i was wondering about that too, especially considering that every part it's going to be long and i guess we'll finish even the 1st part at a rather high level.
Maybe in subsequent episodes you start from lv1 but keep materias/equip/ect?

Boke1879

If Midgar encompasses the first episode, the game will have undergone some heavy revisions. What could possible quadruple the length of that section?

Midgar is actually a substantial part of the game. You meet over half the cast there and major plot points are revealed to you. SE also said this is going to give them a chance to expand on certain things. I have no doubt Midgar is going to be dense and filled with content.

Midgar is actually a substantial part of the game. You meet over half the cast there and major plot points are revealed to you. SE also said this is going to give them a chance to expand on certain things. I have no doubt Midgar is going to be dense and filled with content.

And this post is why SE can sell us remake of an old game in piece meal because people will justify terrible practices.

So in other words....

cDTl3nb_thumb.jpg

Slythe

TBF I would have bought the shit out of "FFVII exactly the same but with PS4 graphics" in a heartbeat, but yes, this has me more hyped. And the multiple parts make me so excited for what they will add/expand.

I'm hoping they go Rebuild of Evangelion on us and
keep the first part roughly the same with curious differences, then in part two and three take us in a completely new direction

If I want to play FFVII I still can, mix it up with this one. That being said I'll be happy either way.

After playing Yakuza 0, I'd love it if Midgar was as detailed and fun as that.

SOLDIER

It's comforting that they seem to remember that Cloud's personality in the original game is different to how he was in AC. I want more jackass Cloud and less "I mustn't run away I mustn't run away I mustn't run away" Cloud.

SE continues to have the most bizarre pr
hints strongly towards the game at psx , trolls everyone hard wth a classic ff release on ps4
6 months later, reveals what was actually teased out of nowhere.
6 months later- full blown gameplay, hype levels through the roof, finally a hd aaa SE jrpg not stuck in dev hell?
radio silence for a year
30th/20th anniversary, all they can afford to show is some artwork....yeah this is gonna end up more lost than versus. all in a single year.
one month later, when everyone has lost hope of a release in their lifetime
some no name game convention - nomura personally shows up and has 2 screenshots along with the claim that he was ready with the video as well
, okay so its not completely dead,
one week later - VA is almost done

and ultima troll is the single ringmaster of all these occurrences

lol pretty much

I don't think this is true. It really depends on the context of what the voice is for. In something like a VN or adventure game where the script might be fluid and the voiced lines are mostly there to complement text dialogue boxes, you generally want to record later when everything is locked in, so save on studio time/costs. But when we're talking about voiced cutscenes which are fully animated and lip synced, you generally want to do it as early as possible. Since they are non-interactive sequences, locking the script down early and recording everything would give the cinematics team more time to match everything, and request for changes as required. So it really doesn't mean much imo.

Yeah, was gonna say, I've always heard voice acting is done pretty early in development. Definitely heard either Troy Baker or Nolan North talk about it before.

I'm hoping they go Rebuild of Evangelion on us and
keep the first part roughly the same with curious differences, then in part two and three take us in a completely new direction

If I want to play FFVII I still can, mix it up with this one. That being said I'll be happy either way.

Imagine the meltdown if they did that...

RK128

This must mean the game is far along; nailing the story and voice acting is a sign that most of the package is 'grounded' allowing for fast development to commence.

Hopefully we get a release date this E3 and if they are doing a world-wide release like FFXV and World of FF, we might see a release in 2017 after all. Not holding my breath at all for that, but at least we will see part one release before 2020.

Edit: We can joke about KH3 taking ages to come out, but it NEEDS to release in 2018. Summer 2018 is most likely and we will learn more about the game at E3 hopefully. But it sucks that the Verses XIII jokes are now on the latest AAA projects Square is working on. Thought we moved past this......

Ugh why do I have the feeling this was misinterpreted and got lost in translation? I have zero hopes this game will come out in 2017. KH3 I have hope but not FFVIIR. I feel any second now we'll get a tweet clarifying shit like "they only meant finished recording the voice work for the opening area shown in the previous trailer" or some shit.

Cloud7

This is great.

Not only is voice acting nearly finished but the most important part of the whole game, Cloud's personality, may actually be intact and not watered down. That would be amazing.

DKHF

English and Japanese?
He's most likely referring to the Japanese voice acting but since this game will no doubt get a simultaneous worldwide release it's plausible English voice acting is happening now. Steve Burton (the voice of Cloud) said he was doing some voice recording last year and he doesn't do any other voice acting besides Cloud so was probably referring to FFVIIR (but also could have been referring to KH3).

Top Bottom