• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Healthy GAF, tell us what you eat in a day?

Ensoul

I been following this plan, give or take, for about 10 days.

Breakfast= Eggs with Bacon or a protien shake.
Snack=Almonds
Lunch-Almond Milk Protein shake or a salad with chicken
Snack= Fruit
Dinner =Meat (chicken steak) black beans and a vegetable.

Been avoiding Dairy, bread and sugar.

Problem is this is only about 1000-1200 calories a day so it's been rough.

daviyoung

Banned

Snack=Almonds
Snack= Fruit

If your protein shakes are whey based you're not avoiding dairy.

M_sk

Neo Member
Breakfast - Weetabix or 2 toast and scrambled eggs.

Lunch - chicken salad and a banana if im still hungry

Dinner - chicken with veggies and a bit of beans. Or sometimes brown rice with bits of chicken

As for snacks I take a bottle of water with me to work and a banana or apple. When i get a bit hungry Ill have a bit of water and that'll fill me up for a while.

dralla

Obviously it changes a bit, but a typical week day looks something like this;

Breakfast; Omelette (four eggs) cooked in coconut oil.
Lunch; I eat at my desk at work. I usually have peanut butter (Smucker's Natural) and bananas. Usually 2-3 bananas over the course of the day with 1-2 spoonful peanut butter with each.
Dinner; Meat and veggies and usually some sort of starch (potato, garbanzo beans, squash, etc.)
Snacks are usually fruit/veggies. I like apple's with cheese, baby carrots, cherries recently because they're in season, and various others.

My diet consists primarily of whole foods, so no bread

My job involves a lot of road travel with a $75 daily stipend.

It's really easy to get sucked up into this, and gain a lot of weight on the road. Seen this happen to colleagues.

Here's an example of how I eat on the road generally to stay healthy. I keep similar habits when I'm home.

For breakfasts at the hotel(I pick hotels with good breakfast bars) I'll usually pick 2 of the following: Fruit, veggie omlet, yogurt, oatmeal.

For lunch at the hospital I'll usually pick two of the following: soup, salad, veggie burger, veggie wrap, avocado toast.

For dinner I'll hit a restaurant and only get an entree w/starch and veggie side. Usually a vegetarian option, occasionally some fish or variation of grilled chicken.

I also don't snack or drink any sugary drinks. I don't keep snacks snacks at home either other than fruit.

Lunch yesterday was pork chops coated with almond flour and spices cooked in some butter with some roasted Brussels sprouts on the side. Dinner was a few slices of cheese and a glass of wine.

Lunch today is gonna be some chicken drumsticks coated with parmesan and garlic, roasted in the oven and tossed in some hot sauce. Dinner will probably be a small salad with some shrimp and tuna in it and a glass of wine, some days I don't feel hungry for dinner so just snack on some almonds or a bit of cheese.

I try to eat low carb, cook every day, and avoid processed foods as much as possible. Once every other week or two I'll splurge and have a pizza or some chips.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Mostly just ribeye steak these days.

Other meats sometimes! Eggs if I feel like it.

Some vegetables (peppers, onions, mushrooms, leafy greens) every once in a while.

Kickz

Been doing this for past month, to lose weight.

Breakfast 3 boiled eggs + apple
Snack coffee + protein bar
Lunch 1/2 cucumber + protein bar
Snack protein bar(100 cals/11 grams protein)
Dinner 5oz grilled chicken + 1/2 banana
Snack Protein bar + 1/2 cucumber
Late Snack Protein bar + supplement/multivitamins

Atleast 64oz water, no exercise

Protein bars are because I am lazy when it comes to food prep, and they taste like
chocolate bars..

Down so far a little over 10lbs

BasilZero

I changed my diet but....

It's probably for the worst lol

Two peanut butter and blueberry jelly sandwiches with a banana

That's what I eat for breakfast and dinner....

I take it that it's bad but because I was fasting I couldn't eat any meat....

Trying to lose weight and doing aerobic exercise on treadmill for 40 min morning and 40 min evening

What ya'll suggest?

Stop eating bread/grain and focus on meat and veggies?

Breakfast - 0% fat greek yoghurt with chopped banana and raspberries

Early lunch/mid morning - 2 boiled eggs, piece of wholewheat toast, turkey bacon

Late lunch/mid afternon - homemade chili (super lean mince) and brown rice

Evening - grilled chicken, veg and spicy rice

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
I half expected alternate(less popular) Taco Bell menu items...
j/k~!

Been getting into cooking more myself, usually fish and lots of chicken with vegetables and rice for dinner. Occasionally red meat which isn't helping but I'm human.
Lots of apples, grapes, and bananas for snacks. Salads for lunch as much as possible(but deli sandwiches quite a bit too)
Water and carbonated water to drink. Pretty much cut out soda and even alcohol outside of social occasions at this point.

Ensoul

Ah ok.

I'm not particularly a healthy or restrictive eater but I workout 5 days a week and make sure I have mostly fruit or vegatables in every meal.

Been trying to do Paleo but it has been a challenge since I love carbs and junk food. Been at it for 10 days and I have lost a few pounds already.

Faiz

Breakfast today: small protein shake and plain Oatmeal
Lunch: shredded chicken breast (pressure cooker) with stir fried broccoli
Afternoon snack: plain Greek yoghurt with berries
Dinner: not sure today - last night was a salad with mixed greens, red cabbage, peppers and red onion, mushrooms, ham, and a little cheese.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
I don't really track calories or monitor anything but my basic meals are usually:

Breakfast: French Press of coffee, bowl of cereal and some fruit or eggs and some fruit.
Lunch: Celery and hummus, little bit of cured meat, almonds, apple.
Dinner: Protein, salad or veggies.

Also just a shit ton of water throughout the day and if I need a snack usually nuts or string cheese.

Snack=Almonds
Snack= Fruit

I am kind of doing this, although breakfast is more carbs and I don't do protein shakes. I go around 2000 calories or so (depending on my running). Been doing 4 runs a week (one 5k, couple 2 milers and a long run of 8+). Snacking on nuts, cheese and fruit is key to me not passing out at night lol.

YaBish

Been on a diet the last couple weeks. I do:

Breakfast - Overnight oats (rolled, with fresh fruit, non-fat Greek yogurt, non-fat milk, and a little honey)

Lunch - leftover chicken or fish with fresh cut avocado or peppers in a spinach wrap. No sauce, no cheese

Dinner - Baked Chicken/Salmon/Tilapia with spices and olive oil. Salad too, although sometimes I'll do a different veggie.

For snacks, I'm doing bananas, other fruits, and protein bars.

I had to eat a slice of pizza today and I felt terrible afterwards. Figured that was a good sign :)

Edit: Oh! I forgot that I'm drinking a lot of La Croix (sparkling water). I was addicted to pop, and that's helping me ween off it.

BREAKFAST: coffee or tea, a banana, a light string cheese, cold tofu.

LUNCH: an apple, sliced vegetables and sesame dressing, nuts.

DINNER: I try to cook in a lot. Last night I did a lean take on chicken picatta (as in not cooked in tons of butter and oil like it is in a restaurant). Turned out okay. Had it with steamed broccoli, white rice, and some sliced avocado.

Bass260

Breakfast: Fruit smoothie w/Almond Milk and Steel Cut Oats. Smoothie is packed with antioxidants like blueberries, chia seeds, flax seeds, and cacao

Lunch: Avocado Tempeh sandwich, Kale salad on the side

Dinner: Quinoa & Beans w/veggies or Brown Rice as the grain if I want a switch up

Snacks: Protein Bars, Hemp Hearts and Nuts

Drinks: Only water and tea throughout the day.

Generally hit 130 grams of protein a day, decent amount of carbs and moderate amount of fats. I keep track of my macros.

Really depends. Oatmeal, overnight oats, something like that for breakfast. Snack on nuts, fruits. Lunch is leftover from whatever made the night before - always cooking, always fresh food and ingredients, often vegetarian cuisine. Grains are usually quinoa or brown rice. Afternoon maybe some more fruit and some veggie snacks.
Cook with olive oil, coconut oil, and I use butter.
Sometimes for certain dishes, I'll stir in kale or spinach.

Breakfast: Protein shake/milk. Also some type of fruit, generally a banana.
Lunch: Two hard boiled eggs and almonds.
Dinner: Depends. For instance, last night I had some chicken beast, rice, and spinach.

I don’t snack throughout the day, but if I do it’s something like a Cliff Bar. I generally don’t eat a lot.

Keto

Less than 25 net grams of carbs per day. Lots of lean meats, green veggies, eggs, ocassionaly nuts and cheese.

I eat fats as needed for exercise.

gatling

Breafast options
- Oatmeal, berries, brown sugar.
- Yogurt, granola, blueberries
- Two over easy eggs on toast with avocado, hot sauce, sometime bbq baked beans. I will add pulled pork sometimes on heavy work days.

Lunch Options
-Fish or chicken salad
- fruit, banana, apples, 2 tbsp peanut butter

Dinner
Usually the meal I don't restrict much on. Lots of oven baked meats. Grilled meats and kabobs. Pasta dishes with lots of vegetables. Just lots of vegetables in general, tbh. Ginger chicken and rice. Ramen, super spicy udon, etc I freeze large quantities of chili and baked potato soups when I'm lazy. Add the chili to baked potatoes. I love making sweet potato fries.

I try to eat healthy, or at least, eat to where I can complement lifting weights, but I'm always hungry. I usually go chicken and pasta for dinner, but 30 minutes later I'm hungry again, so I devour goldfish.

Trying to eat on a college budget is no fun.

GodofWine

Im almost 40, and Im in at least well above average shape for 40 yr old people.

Morning:
2 cups of coffee with 1% milk
Scoop of protien powder

Mid Morning:
Clif Bar , or Clif Builder Bar

Noon:
A greek yogurt and a BIG handful of peanuts and almonds (like a huge handful

2pm:
Greek yogurt and a high protein granola bar (Nature Valley Protein - 10g) and more nuts

If I get hungry I'll have another handful of nuts

Dinner 6pm:
Always home cooked - A big serving of a protein, A big serving of veg and small amount of carbs

Preworkout - 7pm - 1 scoop of whatever it is I have (currenly BPI 1mr, meh)
Right before workout - Shake (nutribullet) with oats and some protein (probaby 50g Carb, 10g Pro)
Workout - a 5x5 'power building' plan.
Right After workout - Shake 30g Pro , 50g Carb

Then I get my MF'ing snack on late night

Breakfast : oatmeal, egg, and home made latte from my killer setup.
Lunch : vegetable wrap or stirfry, and fruit, all ingredients freshly picked from my garden except for avocados.
Dinner : soup and bread, steaks twice a week

TaterTots

Banned
Man, I had no idea boiled eggs where so good for you. Low calories and filling. 3 boiled eggs with some veggies is only like 300 calories. Changing my breakfast game.

Kwixotik

Today i ate

Breakfast: string cheese and teddy grahams
Lunch: pita chips and sardines
Snack: grapes and cheese

i am not healthy

Mook1e

I started Keto 11 days ago.
So far so good. My average day (when I work out) is:
Breakfast: 3 Fried Eggs, 4-7 slices bacon, double cream cheese w/ bulletproof coffee (1tbs coconut oil, 2tbs butter, 1tbs heavy cream, cinnamon, kakao, Himalayan salt, coffee)
Lunch: Fillet mignon w/ extra butter and garlic, brocolli, and some mushrooms
Dinner: Large salad with 2 eggs chopped, 2 ounces chopped ham, 2 ounces cheddar cheese, and creamy italian dressing (sometimes with sliced avocado)
Snacks: Hazelnuts, Pork Rinds, Sardines

I'm not interested in losing weight, but so far I've gone from 193 to 187. I would like to start gaining after I get rid of the little bit of fat on my abs and lower back.

Breakfast: Pancakes (healthy ingredients only) and a multivitamin

-Oats
-Egg
-Egg whites
-Low fat yogurt
-Berries
(Blend together)

-Cook in coconut oil and smother in peanut butter, cinnamon, and zero sugar syrup

9 AM snack

-Apple
-Dark Chocolate Almonds and peanuts

Lunch

-Protein shake
-Rice
-Veggies
-Chicken
-Mushrooms

2 PM snack

-Orange
-Protein Bar

Dinner

-Vegetables and Tuna

Thats a typical day, im bulking right now or i would cut out coconut oil/Peanuts/Almonds

pablito

Not the healthiest, but-

Breakfast. Fruit (I change it up), rice cake w/ peanut butter, coffee. Coffee with milk and a little bit of sugar.

Lunch and dinner. Home cooked meals. I typically eat light on dinners cuz I'm less hungry then.

I have a yogurt snack after my workout (1 hr 5x week) at lunch. Light yogurt, nuts, dried cranberries, flax.

We got fruit baskets at work so if I get hungry I can grab something. Wondering if I eat too much fruit now lol.

Beer on Wednesdays and Saturdays. This would probably ruin everything, but whatever I'm doing has me still losing weight little by little. 20 pounds this year. I wonder when I'll stagnate, though.

Wouldn't class myself as outrageously healthy but i'm losing weight currently and have lost 15 pounds in around 5 weeks now, and feel great.

Breakfast - a little breakfast biscuit type thing, quick and easy and they're low on all bad things...

Snack - Grapes

Lunch - small sandwich, banana, apple, fat and sugar free yoghurt.

Snack - Cherries.

Dinner - Pasta and chicken/turkey. Or if i'm feeling lucky, a steak.

RuGalz

breakfast - oat meal + chia seeds + black eye peas + peanuts + egg + veggies
snack - fruits, nuts
lunch - rotisserie chicken/protein + veggies

that's it. i'm doing intermittent fasting.

sam12

breakfast - oat meal + chia seeds + black eye peas + peanuts + egg + veggies
snack - fruits, nuts
lunch - rotisserie chicken/protein + veggies

that's it. i'm doing intermittent fasting.

Is there a calorie goal you target ?

Top Bottom