• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

You are tired and drunk, but you can have any meal in front of you right now free of charge. What would it be?

Nobody_Important

“Aww, it’s so...average,” she said to him in a cold brick of passion
I'm stuck waiting on DoorDash to bring me my high brow high class meal of Jack-in-the-Box while coming down off of my vodka fueled night of Gloomhaven with friends. But in this moment of intoxicated impatience I am wishing for a better way.

What is your "I'm drunk, I don't care, and I wanna eat" meal if there were no limitations on price or time of day?

Mine would be a giant ass pile of Chicken Wings I think. :messenger_smiling_hearts:

Last edited:

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
Chicken bulgogi with white rice on the side and all the typical nibbling foods they bring out in a Korean restaurant. No question.

The country boy in me wants to say chicken fried steak over mashed potatoes with lots of white gravy and corn. Close second.

Nobody_Important

Chicken bulgogi with white rice on the side and all the typical nibbling foods they bring out in a Korean restaurant. No question.

The country boy in me wants to say chicken fried steak over mashed potatoes with lots of white gravy and corn. Close second.
God that sounds great actually. I've seen that on the menu at my local Korean place. I may need to try it.

But you are right. It's hard to beat some good old comfort food like Chicken Fried Steak and Mashed potatoes.

Doczu

I'm a simple man. Just give me a beef döner wrap consisting of meat and fries, or as we call it here American Wrap.
No greens, i don't want to rainbow puke in the morning.

Last edited:

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
God that sounds great actually. I've seen that on the menu at my local Korean place. I may need to try it.

But you are right. It's hard to beat some good old comfort food like Chicken Fried Steak and Mashed potatoes.

Get ready for some heat. If they make it right it should have a good amount of spicy oil and make you sweat. Like, you should want them to turn up the A/C by the third bite.

Nobody_Important

Fried mini calzones that my mother prepared for my birthday when i was a child.
Not gonna knock you for a nostalgic choice. I'd sell my goddamn soul for some original chocolate chip cookies that my Great-Grandma made when I was a kid. Not even playing off the old "grandma recipe" nonsense she literally had a recipe she used since 1956 when she made the official recipe. She left the recipe behind after she passed, but despite 6 tries so far based on her own hand written recipe it doesn't quite match the original and I can't tell if that is my nostalgic brain fucking with me or if there really is some kind of magic missing from the final product.

I wanna believe my Grandma Francis is up there looking down like "god damn it just do *insert*...........oh for fuck sake!" :messenger_grinning_smiling:

Doczu

Not gonna knock you for a nostalgic choice. I'd sell my goddamn soul for some original chocolate chip cookies that my Great-Grandma made when I was a kid. Not even playing off the old "grandma recipe" nonsense she literally had a recipe she used since 1956 when she made the official recipe. She left the recipe behind after she passed, but despite 6 tries so far based on her own hand written recipe it doesn't quite match the original and I can't tell if that is my nostalgic brain fucking with me or if there really is some kind of magic missing from the final product.

I wanna believe my Grandma Francis is up there looking down like "god damn it just do *insert*...........oh for fuck sake!" :messenger_grinning_smiling:
Visual representation of your grandma adding the secret ingredient (it wasn't the Power of Love):

renew sci-fi GIF

Edmund

A good bowl of chicken soup. When you're tired, you want something nourishing and simple to eat.
And then straight to bed after that.

Grildon Tundy

Gold Member
As Louis C.K. and his brother would say, it's time for a bang-bang: Taco Bell + Jimmy John's.

If only ordering from one place, get yourself the greasiest pizza that'll deliver

when i'm drunk i always seem to order chinese food. so chips, curry, fried rice, and chicken balls. if i'm feeling like a really greedy bastard then i'll get a chicken curry, salt & chilli battered chips. or maybe a king prawn chow mein and pancake rolls. mmmmmm

sometimes i'd order a sausage or hamburger supper with fritters OR a doner kebab. prices are fuckin extortionate now. £8 for a fucking susage supper? fuck off lol. i remember they were like £2-3. a chicken curry is like £9-10 now and it used to be £5-6!

can you tell i'm a fat bastard? lol

22:22:22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Pussy and asscracks.

Chinese is good. So is Döner and pizza.

Oh yes pasta as well...

If I ever arrive on death row they'll gonna need lots of patience. Choice paralysis at MAX lvl.

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
when i'm drunk i always seem to order chinese food. so chips, curry, fried rice, and chicken balls. if i'm feeling like a really greedy bastard then i'll get a chicken curry, salt & chilli battered chips. or maybe a king prawn chow mein and pancake rolls. mmmmmm

sometimes i'd order a sausage or hamburger supper with fritters OR a doner kebab. prices are fuckin extortionate now. £8 for a fucking susage supper? fuck off lol. i remember they were like £2-3. a chicken curry is like £9-10 now and it used to be £5-6!

can you tell i'm a fat bastard? lol

Food = Good

Also vietnamese spring rolls...

Sad Feelings GIF

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
I'm a simple man. Just give me a beef döner wrap consisting of meat and fries, or as we call it here American Wrap.
No greens, i don't want to rainbow puke in the morning.

No no no no noooo

A wrap?

Döner goes OR in a pita style bread OR in a Turkish pizza:

KHusky7.jpg

do3sdBV.jpg

😉🤪😍🐷

Last edited:

Dark Star

lots of doner kabob lover itt i see

i'm more of filet mignon chunks or koobideh and seasoned rice kind of guy. i ate at a really good Turkish resturant that did that.

I like Iranian/persian food too when drunk/high lol. its the best

600px-Chelo_kebab_1a.jpg

Last edited:

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
God I dunno man I haven’t had drunk/high jack in the box in so long that sounds glorious all on its own. Ultimate cheeseburger and curly fries fuckin rule. Alas, the closest one is 300 miles away.

That's quite the bicycle ride indeed.

We don't have Jack in the box, Taco Bell, Wendy's etc etc etc.

A blessing and a curse I reckon.

Doczu

Say what?

And cultural appropriation doesn't exist.
Tell that to the Turkish dude who invented dönner while i'll order mine in a Mexican tortilla wrap, just meat and French fries, call it "American" and if possible (yes, some dönner places give a big selection of sauses) Japanese teryiaki sauce.

Now i want one, i'm actually two beers in and i'm going for a food run.

Doczu

Yeah I dont think we interpret cultural appropriation in the same way.

Godspeed Doczu Doczu
Rembember the [CURRENT YEAR] tactics - interpretation and facts is or losers, it's what you feel that's important. And i feel i'm 5 minutes away from fat heaven.

Doczu

Holy. Fucking. Shit.

Stamppot boerenkool with a nice sausage in it. My Dutch grandpa, may his soul rest in peace, always made Stamppot zuurkool when autumn came. Damn now i'm sad, cause in all those years i can't replicate his recipe, even though i asked him to write it down for me. Nobody_Important Nobody_Important i do believe that there are forces beyond our comprehension and our grandparents cooking is living proof of it.

Amory

Chicken korma and some samosas from this amazing Indian place I used to order from all the time when I lived in the city

Top Bottom