• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The CW's Crazy Ex-Girlfriend - created by Rachel Bloom, Mondays 8/7c

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Here's the thing: the move to Friday probably won't hurt the show as its ratings are already barely beating a test pattern.

It's just not going to help it, either.

Friday is a scheduling graveyard.

This really should've been paired with iZombie or something, because the only thing it has in common with Jane the Virgin is quality.

At least it's happening now and not mid-way through the season like with Hannibal. Now that was dirty (especially since it aired in Canada on schedule).

Quick

Banned
Terrible choice in time slot. Yikes.

That being said, would shifting it to 10:00 PM on Mondays be any better than Friday evening?

morningbus

Terrible choice in time slot. Yikes.

That being said, would shifting it to 10:00 PM on Mondays be any better than Friday evening?

That's not an option for CW. They program 10 hours a week, Monday through Friday, from 8 to 10.

It means their options are limited with where to schedule things and it especially sucks for CXG because nothing on the network is really similar to it to make a night.

Fridays for the CW aren't as bad as Fridays on Fox for example, so we'll have to see.

lenovox1

Damn. That CW deal already taking effect!

Now if only we could get this back in regular off topic for more people to see.

1) New news, new tread! (*˘︶˘*) Just like there was a new thread when the show was available for free on iTunes. Or we can just co-opt that thread.

2) There'll be a new thread in the OT for season 2, I hope!

1) New news, new tread! (*˘︶˘*) Just like there was a new thread when the show was available for free on iTunes. Or we can just co-opt that thread.

2) There'll be a new thread in the OT for season 2, I hope!
On mobile now. Will make a thread soon unless someone beats me to it.
Edit: Screw it. Making a thread now. Be back soon.

EDIT:
Quick and dirty...

Recently discovered this show and I am in love. Rachel is amazing and reminds me of modern-era Lucille Ball.

Admittedly some of the songs are a little too real for me (Settle for Me or I Definitely Have Friends could be the anthem to my life.) Many of the characters I connect with on a personal level and not always in positive ways. Definitely a hidden gem.

Cannot wait for Season Two and all the feels it brings.

Mrbob

I watched the first episode of this show on Netflix randomly and ended up being blown away how well it was. Binged the whole season in about two weeks. One of the funniest shows I've ever seen. Then I learned it was on the CW, almost didn't make a second season, and I'm thinking does the CW ever cancel anything? Glad the show is getting a second season and hopefully can continue on. I'll probably wait for the second season to be on Netflix to watch because a week wait between episodes will be too much.

I ended up watching the first episode of this show on Netflix randomly and ended up being blown away how well it was. Binged the whole season in about two weeks. One of the funniest shows I've ever seen. Then I learned it was on the CW, almost didn't make a second season, and I'm thinking does the CW ever cancel anything? Glad the show is getting a second season and hopefully can continue on. I'll probably wait for the second season to be on Netflix to watch because a week wait between episodes will be too much.
Almost didn't make a second season? How about almost didn't make a first?

The second season might be shorter (not that this show really needs the standard 22 episodes per season anyway), but as long as the critical acclaim (and Pedowitz) is there, it's not going anywhere.

CW the gods

berzeli

Banned
Rachel won the "Individual Achievement in Comedy" category in the Television Critics Association Awards.
CpOljLaUMAA8i3R.jpg

pls remain a critical darling forever so you don't get cancelled on.

Won the Creative Arts Emmy for Editing on the pilot. Lost to Song and Lyrics "'Til It Happens To You" which probably shouldn't be a surprise to anyone. Pulling for choreography but all the other nominations in that category are dancing contests and I think two were from the same show. Already forgot what won opening theme.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I'm almost a year late and I'm finally giving this show a try. Put it off all summer but I've essentially lost all interest in Fear the Walking Dead, so I have time for this now. Lazy Sunday Binge Session Time!

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Got through the first 4 episodes while I putzed around the house. Have to admit, it's a very charming show. Everything about it won me over by the end of the first episode. My biggest concern going into this was the length, and that turned out to be a non-issue. The episodes zip by and don't overstay their welcome. I'm also glad to see that they don't always make a big deal out of the jokes. Sometimes the small quiet one liners or a character's reaction to something are 100x funnier than a big overblown moment. The ongoing joke about Rebecca being pretentious because of her Harvard background kills me every time.

Plot for me is almost always secondary. I don't need outrageous situations to be invested in something. What this show really nails is the characters. If you get that right, you can have two people just sitting in a coffee shop and it will be interesting to watch. Even secondary characters that could otherwise come off as cartoony get those tiny little moments of development that endear you to them more. I'm super early in the show but I feel like Josh would be a cookie cutter "Dumb Hot Guy" in any other show. But the episode I just watched made me feel for him. He has dreams like a normal person. It's something that they could have just played up for laughs because his dreams are low hanging fruit but it built up his character a lot.

morningbus

You're in for a treat as many of the secondary characters get great moments to shine.

Sober

Got through the first 4 episodes while I putzed around the house. Have to admit, it's a very charming show. Everything about it won me over by the end of the first episode. My biggest concern going into this was the length, and that turned out to be a non-issue. The episodes zip by and don't overstay their welcome. I'm also glad to see that they don't always make a big deal out of the jokes. Sometimes the small quiet one liners or a character's reaction to something are 100x funnier than a big overblown moment. The ongoing joke about Rebecca being pretentious because of her Harvard background kills me every time.

Plot for me is almost always secondary. I don't need outrageous situations to be invested in something. What this show really nails is the characters. If you get that right, you can have two people just sitting in a coffee shop and it will be interesting to watch. Even secondary characters that could otherwise come off as cartoony get those tiny little moments of development that endear you to them more. I'm super early in the show but I feel like Josh would be a cookie cutter "Dumb Hot Guy" in any other show. But the episode I just watched made me feel for him. He has dreams like a normal person. It's something that they could have just played up for laughs because his dreams are low hanging fruit but it built up his character a lot.
I believe you are on a trajectory to love the show.

Keep on truckin', mister.

I'm almost a year late and I'm finally giving this show a try. Put it off all summer but I've essentially lost all interest in Fear the Walking Dead, so I have time for this now. Lazy Sunday Binge Session Time!

Wish I could watch the show for the first time again. Such a treat.

Grizzlyjin

My face during most of the party bus episode.

200w.gif

Loving the show. I'll be caught up and singing its praises to friends before Season 2 starts.

Who's doing the OP for season 2? It is less than a week away!

If no one will step up (and I cannot remember if anyone did), I will throw one together for us to have.

Quick

Banned
I'll throw together a season 2 OP tonight since getting Anaron's blessing.

Title ideas?

Crazy Ex-Girlfriend Season 2 |OT| ¿Entiendes que son diferentes?
Crazy Ex-Girlfriend Season 2 |OT| Settle for this show
Crazy Ex-Girlfriend Season 2 |OT| That's a sexist term
Crazy Ex-Girlfriend Season 2 |OT| She's so broken inside

I don't have plenty of ideas lol

Crazy Ex-Girlfriend Season 2 |OT| It just got weird in this group hang

Crazy Ex-Girlfriend Season 2 |OT| Settle for Fridays at 9/8c on The CW

i got nothin

Gray Matter

I’m 17 episodes into season 1, I really like the show and all the characters except for Paula. Fuck she is a terrible character, terribly written and acted, so annoying with her boundary problems and her high pitched voiced and her obsession with Rebecca’s obsession with josh.

Top Bottom