• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The CW's Crazy Ex-Girlfriend - created by Rachel Bloom, Mondays 8/7c

oh god

lol.gif

help me

Josh's face after she admitted that to him. Still laughing.

BTW, Rachel is live on Periscope right now if you don't have a piece of shit phone like I do you can even chat.

Zoe

And here I was thinking Paula would be next season's Crazy Ex Girlfriend. Looks like it will still be Rebecca after all :lol

Leeness

Omg burst out laughing at the ending.

But...I knew Greg would blow it :( Really sad about that. "I love you Rebecca, I should have said that". ;_;

The last few seconds really made the episode. I really wonder where Season 2 is going to go.

Edit: And I guess the Garfunkel Ring is long gone. I expect that plot to resurface next season.

Zoe

Oh yeah, I love how Rebecca's an awful singer in real life :lol

Edit: And I guess the Garfunkel Ring is long gone. I expect that plot to resurface next season.

Was that confirmed somewhere? They let a lot of events happen off screen.

Sober

OMG the finale was pretty much perfect.

It's amazing cause if you cut out the last two scenes it would be a perfect series finale.

But Rebecca just had to admit it, lol. Season 2 is gonna be awesome.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Greg messed up... So many feels this episode. Ending was funny as well... Shit will be a mess.

Also this season was just perfect... Entertainment wise it doesn't get much better.

Hamlet

Such a great ending and yeah dammit Greg you really should have listened to your dad.
So happy we're getting a second season. Can't wait to see where it goes from here.

Chase17

Maybe Rebecca shouldn't have confessed her feelings to a plastered Greg. perhaps things would have worked out better then.

Good first season. Really curious how they will handle season 2, might be tough not to retread certain elements of S1.

Quick

Banned
In some ways, it's a bit disappointing to have Rebecca revert back to pre-dream ghost. But this was she was going for, and it happened. You could forgive the renewed craziness a bit.

Is it fair to assume that Greg intentionally swerved Rebecca when he glanced at Josh, thinking that she's better off with him, then changed his mind when he woke up later on to vomit?

Other stuff:

• Leia Salonga appearance was neat.
  • The Barongs were on point (see Josh's outfit).
  • Greg's Pinterest board joke got me.
  • Paula's song, however crazy Paula came off as, is cathartic.
  • Hearing "Tita" or "Ate" and anything Filipino was odd, but only because I don't think I've seen anything that features Filipinos so prominently as this show.
  • Really thought the Garfinkel ring was going to be a big reveal with Josh proposing to Valencia. I'm assuming it'll come back into discussion again when Rebecca's mom visits her again at some point.
  • This show needs more Heather. "u up" is text for "are you horny" - solid stuff.
  • I was kind of hoping for a big song number with all of the cast, similar to California Christmas. Slightly disappointed, but the entire episode was gold anyway.

iammeiam

I continue to love them reusing the songs as background music; it's just crazy effective mood setting when they're quietly playing in the background.

Loved the episode and the season; they've done a really good job of establishing basically everyone as flawed people who are at least a little sympathetic. Rebecca basically relapsing at the end was heartbreaking but kind of inevitable. She could never really shake her princess dreams, and after trying to do the healthy and smart thing and having it blow up in her face, falling back on the fantasy when it makes itself available was too realistic. I have enough faith in the show at this point to believe this'll be a step in Rebecca's story, and not just buildup for rehashing the character arcs of this year.

Is it fair to assume that Greg intentionally swerved Rebecca when he glanced at Josh, thinking that she's better off with him, then changed his mind when he woke up later on to vomit?

I don't think it was about what's best for Rebecca, just him seeing them as the Disney-looking couple, remembering how things have been, and assuming she'd go running back to Josh just like she had in the past. Greg got scared and took the easy/I Don't Care route out even though Rebecca really was all-in. By the time she actually said what she'd been working up to all episode, he was too drunk and in his own assumptions to respond. So he comes to at the end and realizes he'd missed a window.

The minute I heard "One Indescribable Instant" being sung at the end, I knew where this was gonna go (although that final ending, jeez). I've said before that I'm #TeamJosh but at this point I just wanted it to go right for Rebecca. This...well, it's entertaining at least.

Allison Shoemaker, who has been doing the reviews for the show on AV Club, has part 1 of her ranking of the songs in the show on her blog. Oh, and she
apparently had also taken part in that Disney Song ranking that got a topic a few days ago.

Scribble

The minute I heard "One Indescribable Instant" being sung at the end, I knew where this was gonna go (although that final ending, jeez). I've said before that I'm #TeamJosh but at this point I just wanted it to go right for Rebecca. This...well, it's entertaining at least.

Allison Shoemaker, who has been doing the reviews for the show on AV Club, has part 1 of her ranking of the songs in the show on her blog. Oh, and she was apparently also had taken part in that Disney Song ranking that got a topic a few days ago.

She did? Then I expect to disagree when I click her Crazy EG rankings.

*clicks*

Yep. I compleeeetely disagree! I was so ready to be proved wrong, too!

goddamnit i am so much like greg

*edit*
What I love about this show is how layered the characters are. Even Valencia, who could've been really one dimensional...like you can kinda see her view on things.

As a Filipino male wanting to see the dude get the white girl, I gotta say that Greg is a way better fit personality wise for Rebecca. I'm interested to see where this goes.

That LA Times Show Runner interview said:
Yeah, I think for Paula there are some dreams deferred, which we’ll learn more about in the second season. Both personally and professionally, Paula’s life didn’t quite turn out the way she wanted. She sees Rebecca as a way to sort of live out those dreams. But, also, one thing that Donna and I talked about as well is that, culturally speaking, middle-aged women are invisible. There’s sort of a cliff that your drop off. And, I think, not being a boss when she’s so much smarter than Darryl [Pete Gardner] and not having the access to the fun of being single that Rebecca has. I think she has a lot of personal frustration. That obviously has nothing to do with Rebecca and Josh — it’s all just manifest that way.

I'm looking forward to delving deeper into Paula next season.

Top Bottom