• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The CW's Crazy Ex-Girlfriend - created by Rachel Bloom, Mondays 8/7c

For those who didn't realize it, the doctor is Rachel's husband Dan Gregor and of course a writer on the show.

That UTI song needs a church choir behind it. That scene with Paula and Rebecca sneaking into the bakery is where I would've had Mrs.Hernandez showing up as a vigilante, I'd never get a TV job with ideas like that. The "no no no" in "Oh My God I Think I Like You" reminds me of something and I can't remember what. Also, Heather has some of the best lines, this show has so many great supporting and side/minor characters like Father Brah, I can't imagine this show only being ~20 minutes as it would've been had it only been a half hour on ad driven TV or even the near 30 minutes had it been picked up by Showtime.

SWUO5Bw.gif

Here's "I Gave You A UTI" and "Oh My God I Think I Like You"

Leeness

For those who didn't realize it, the doctor is Rachel's husband Dan Gregor and of course a writer on the show.

That UTI song needs a church choir behind it. That scene with Paula and Rebecca sneaking into the bakery is where I would've had Mrs.Hernandez showing up as a vigilante, I'd never get a TV job with ideas like that. The "no no no" in "Oh My God I Think I Like You" reminds me of something and I can't remember what. Also, Heather has some of the best lines, this show has so many great supporting and side/minor characters like Father Brah, I can't imagine this show only being ~20 minutes as it would've been had it only been a half hour on ad driven TV or even the near 30 minutes had it been picked up by Showtime.

SWUO5Bw.gif

Here's "I Gave You A UTI" and "Oh My God I Think I Like You"

Can you please please GIF Rebecca's face as she's singing about thinking about marriage and ducks and a boat (as Greg slides her down the fridge). She looked so hyped lol

DON'T BLOW IT NEXT EPISODE GREG

Yeah, if anything on the full frame one (which I also almost always prefer unless I have a reason to mess with it) I kinda wish I just trimmed a little off the slam into the fridge. Coincidentally Rachel put up the same thing on Twitter minutes after I made my post.

Also "Angry Mad aka Josh's Angry Dance" is up on her channel. For some reason this reminds me JRPG dialog which makes it funnier to me.

Team Hyundai if I were to actually ship but I don't. But ultimately Team Rebecca.

I got a feeling Paula would be a fan of a certain ship from a show that's also on the CW.

Swamped

Banned
This last episode was fantastic. Loved all the songs! And Rachel and Paula's pie-baking shenanigans were really really sweet :D

If we're talking about who Rachel will end up with, I'm on Team Josh. He's so adorable even though he's still trying to sort through his own feelings.

Not

Banned
I can't tell you how much my wife appreciated the UTI subplot. And Greg is a moron, but he's a lovable moron.

I laughed embarrassingly loud when she tried to pretend she hadn't woken up

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
That was such a good episode. All of the songs were amazing, especially that solo karate dance number, hahahah

#TeamRebecca needs to love herself...

...Ok I can't lie. #TeamJosh. I felt it hard on the party bus episode when Rebecca said she was following the happiness and Josh explained how he totally got it, and actually started tearing up during the West Covina reprise. Granted, that moment hit me pretty personally but that sealed me on the Chan train.

But really, the biggest thing about Josh is how they pulled out a character that could have been, and at first looked like he was going to be, a pretty dull caricature for Rebecca to dump her adoration on, and instead gave him a lot of depth and appeal. His general warm demeanor and usually upbeat positive attitude contrasts a lot with Greg's style of pragmatism and being cynically snarky to the point of Rebecca (and I want to say Josh too?) calling him "really mean". Of course Josh right now has all these funny feelings inside and EERGH! So the warmth is fading fast.

Both are interesting characters in different ways. A good case can be made for both of them in my eyes. Unless you're on the far more beneficial
but more boring, you know it :p
#TeamRebeccaPutsHerselfFirst(ForHer)

Quick

Banned
#TeamRebecca needs to love herself...

...Ok I can't lie. #TeamJosh. I felt it hard on the party bus episode when Rebecca said she was following the happiness and Josh explained how he totally got it, and actually started tearing up during the West Covina reprise. Granted, that moment hit me pretty personally but that sealed me on the Chan train.

This is where I'm sold on Team Josh. No matter how ridiculous that entire episode was, Josh was still cool. Then there's the camp episode with her letter to him, too.

I do like that Josh is having his moment of not being as cool as he comes off as. It kind of works out with how we perceive Josh from Rebecca's point of view as being perfect, and now that her focus is off him (for now), he's coming off as less than that.

But Team Greg though. He's the realistic option. He's plan B to Josh's broken condom. I think his date with Rebecca at the taco festival was prime Rebecca/Greg.

Rebecca needs to put herself first though.

Leeness

Oh shit, the songs for tomorrow are up on iTunes.

Paula's villain song!

And a big romantic Disney-esque song.That I hope is about Greg and not Josh lol.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I'm on #TeamFatherBrah.

I loved how succinctly he called out Josh in that last episode with the whole "you are mad that the girl you shot down isn't still doting on you" truthbomb.

Nope. Nope. Not gonna watch. Im out and about, Im going to gym then food or drinks. You can't make me watch premature footage.

Begone foul demons!

Top Bottom