• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The CW's Crazy Ex-Girlfriend - created by Rachel Bloom, Mondays 8/7c

I was about to go to bed but...

u4DtuGz.gif

http://youtu.be/4zLfCnGVeL4

The last episode really made me want to listen to the Aladdin soundtrack for the first time since I was a kid and had it on cassette... I wonder whatever happened to that cassette.

I really look forward to where they're going to go next season, need to remember that originally the episode where they kissed and Greg got Radioactive'd was meant to be the season finale before they got five more episodes so this could've possibly been episode five of season two.

Don't tease like that. That would be amazing.
Wouldn't it? Donna Lynne Champlin already knew her from her portraying Carol in a play based on her life years ago and they want to get her on the show so it just seems like a perfect fit to me.

Part 2 of the song ranking is up

This list has, descending to the best:

Cold Showers
Good at Yoga
Angry Mad
Flooded with Justice
Put Yourself First
Having a Few People Over
Group Hang

I didn't read the articles but is there a rule of it needing to work outside of seeing it in the context of the show? Because...

B0LWp00.gif

If only the scene was longer I'd totally add it only for it to be deleted due to a copyright claim.

The last episode really made me want to listen to the Aladdin soundtrack for the first time since I was a kid and had it on cassette... I wonder whatever happened to that cassette.

I really look forward to where they're going to go next season, need to remember that originally the episode where they kissed and Greg got Radioactive'd was meant to be the season finale before they got five more episodes so this could've possibly been episode five of season two.

Wouldn't it? Donna Lynne Champlin already knew her from her portraying Carol in a play based on her life years ago and they want to get her on the show so it just seems like a perfect fit to me.

I didn't read the articles but is there a rule of it needing to work outside of seeing it in the context of the show? Because...

B0LWp00.gif

If only the scene was longer I'd totally add it only for it to be deleted due to a copyright claim.

Were some of these ranked too poorly for your tastes? This is Part 2, meaning that these are among the bottom of the heap and the final part will have her absolute favorites. She didn't list numbers and I have NO clue how many songs are in the show that she's listing.

This was part 1, so the very bottom of her list.

“Crazy Ex-Girlfriend”
“Romantic Moments”
“Dear Joshua Felix Chan”
“Cleanup on Aisle Four”
“Women Gotta Stick Together”
“In One Indescribable Instant”

carlsojo

Finished the finale a couple days ago. This was one of the best freshman seasons of a show I've seen. Consistently hilarious. It was a pleasant surprise it got renewed.

Finally watching the finale . . .

Oh god, the Paula finale is wickedly epic. I remember when Paula didn't get songs, but this is all Tangled-riffic awesome. She looks and sounds amazing, and the friend vs. mother-daughter dynamic is a novel addition.

(Also, holy fuck, this show hits entirely too close to home for all of its 137 viewers. There are dozens of us! Dozens!)

. . . Valencia has grown on me as a character. I actually feel for her considerably. The silent dancing cracked me up.

. . . Heather is still basically my waifu. Such grounded non-Disney reality. "Oh, dude, you're one of those girls."

. . . this bashert stuff -- come on, show! God, they have chemistry, and, wait, wait -- SUBTITLES FOR THE BIRD! . . . come on, Greg. You have a terrible sense of the moment! (I now feel bad for being Greg while also feeling bad for Greg.)

. . . "I care about you. Like, a lot." Oh, this is wonderful why are you looking at Josh when you're pondering a reply. Why is your anxiety getting in the way of this. Don't think that she belongs with someone else! It's her choice, Greg! Not yours!

Why do they look like Aladdin and Jasmine? This is not how it's supposed to end! Why is it so completely, revoltingly unsatisfying? This had better be a Paula dream sequence at the beginning of season 2.

AND THE COLD CLOSE/OPEN! Perfection.

Yeah, Lea Salonga was/is the singing voice for not only Jasmine but also Mulan.

Were some of these ranked too poorly for your tastes? This is Part 2, meaning that these are among the bottom of the heap and the final part will have her absolute favorites. She didn't list numbers and I have NO clue how many songs are in the show that she's listing.

This was part 1, so the very bottom of her list.

“Crazy Ex-Girlfriend”
“Romantic Moments”
“Dear Joshua Felix Chan”
“Cleanup on Aisle Four”
“Women Gotta Stick Together”
“In One Indescribable Instant”

Yeah, I saw part one too, didn't realize there's a part three and it seems she's doing all the songs so yeah it is basically the bottom of her list. Guess that means I should've actually looked at part two.

EDIT: Watching her video posted in the second part, half way through, a good discussion of their favorite songs.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I just watched the finale, and i realized that Whitefeather and White Josh is the first time I've actually been invested in a (male) homosexual relationship in a TV show.

Rachel Bloom breaking down barriers all day

Quick

Banned
I didn't even realize that Rebecca was dressed to look like Jasmine.

And it was an Arabian themed wedding reception. It really should've clicked with me immediately.

tumblr_nyha8jETPu1qg0u4go2_500.gif

Leeness

I didn't even realize that Rebecca was dressed to look like Jasmine.

And it was an Arabian themed wedding reception. It really should've clicked with me immediately.

tumblr_nyha8jETPu1qg0u4go2_500.gif

This gif is me, all the time. I need it as my background on my phone or something.

Pete Gardner was in a Juicy Fruit commercial I saw yesterday. I can't help but think he is still playing Daryl.

Part 3 on the race to the top of the song list is here.

“I Love My Daughter (But Not in a Creepy Way)”
“Textmergency”
“Where is the Rock?”
“I Give Good Parent”
“Sexy French Depression”
“His Status is Preferred”
“California Christmastime”
“Sex With a Stranger”
Oh, god. I never noticed that line in "I Give Good Parent" before.
“Praise the hardwood, compliment the china / give them hard-wood and a drenched vagina.”

ReiGun

Just finished the finale.

Paula continues to be trash while giving me just enough "I love Rebecca" that I don't totally hate her.

Rebecca...no. No. No. You were doing so well there girl. And poor Josh.

But Greg? Man his plot in these last couple episodes hit me hard. Shit. Fuck. I was not ready. This dude IS me when it comes to relationships. Well, minus the drinking.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
Ahhh! Rachel Bloom was at UCB last night during an ASSSSCAT improv show. I was really shocked, wasn't expecting her. She took a word from the audience and then told stories about her life from the suggestion and then they would do a scene off that. She was really funny and told some great stories.

Oh yeah, I was watching the first couple episodes of Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt again the other day and it had been bugging me after watching Lucifer (because I thought that was the same kid until I learned it wasn't) and thinking where else did I see the girl who played Darryl's daughter before (which isn't the same kid) but Darryl's daughter was in the second episode of UKS. Which I could've realized had I saw her IMDB page.

On that note, the girl who plays 10 year old or whatever Rebecca, just keeps popping up in things. This time she was in the last episode of Once Upon a Time.

Just finished the show over the weekend. Me and the wife loved it.

I hear people complain that TV is stale, there's nothing really new or creative, yet when people get the most refreshingly creative show in years, nobody watches. It's just sad. I'm really glad it's getting a second season. All praise the CW.

I was looking a the songs list above and smh at the UTI song not being there. It's easily the funniest song on the show. For a song to make you literally burst out laughing, it's pretty impressive and easily my favorite.

I also really liked "Oh my God I Think I Like You". It's still stuck in my head. Super catchy stuff.

Now that the first season is over, what's everyone's favorite song?

Still "Feelin' Kinda Naughty" for me just for the fact that it was that song that cemented that this was a show for me. But there's no way in hell I could make a ranked list because there'd probably be at least a five, if not ten way tie for second.

Raxus

Still "Feelin' Kinda Naughty" for me just for the fact that it was that song that cemented that this was a show for me. But there's no way in hell I could make a ranked list because there'd probably be at least a five, if not ten way tie for second.

Yeah everytime someone ranks one song low I get upset before I remember there are a dozen songs that I'd probably put in the same tier.

Personally I love Feelin' Kinda Naughty, Put Yourself First (In a Sexy Way), West Covina, Settle for Me, You Stupid Bitch, I Do It For You (or whatever the Paula song at the end was), I Give Good Parent, and Sex with a Stranger just for the line 'Your Balls Smell Weird..."

I am sure I am missing a bunch too.

Leeness

Most of the songs are my favourite lol.

Though Feeling Kind of Naughty, You Stupid Bitch, What'll It Be, A Boy Band Made Up of Four Joshes and Heavy Boobs speak to me the most lol.

Also, Feeling Kind of Naughty has the "dry your sweat into a powder and do lines of you all through the night" line, which kills me everytime. Hilarious
and basically how I feel about every other woman ever

Fantastical

Death Prophet
Yes after that song I was so on board for this show.

Feeling Kinda Naughty, You Stupid Bitch, Sex With A Stranger, I Think I Like You, and maybe Where's the Bathroom or I'm A Good Person. But yes, its a hard thing to settle on.

One of my buddies here on GAF told me that he started watching the show in Finland (I looked it up and it looks like it's on the channel Sub), so apparently international licensing has begun. Do we know of any other countries that have/will have the show on their lineup?

Palmer_v1

You Stupid Bitch isn't the catchiest song, but it feels like the most mind blowing one.

The West Covina song(and reprises) get stuck in my head easiest though.

The season might be done but I've still GIF'ing, I saw the GIF someone made for Valencia telling Rachel how she doesn't like humor but not sure if anyone ever did the follow up, character development and all that. Probably shouldn't have put the text so low but... Eh. Normally I would've cut on the camera cut but I wanted to keep the reaction.

JJ2xTvw.gif

Quick

Banned
The season might be done but I've still GIF'ing, I saw the GIF someone made for Valencia telling Rachel how she doesn't like humor but not sure if anyone ever did the follow up, character development and all that. Probably shouldn't have put the text so low but... Eh. Normally I would've cut on the camera cut but I wanted to keep the reaction.

JJ2xTvw.gif

I appreciate the semicolon.

JJ2xTvw.gif

Have you compiled all of the gifs that you've made? It's nice to have access to higher quality /longer ones for when you're posting on a place with restrictions less strict than tumblr.

Yeah, that's obviously only meant for Emmy voters but it's kind of dumb to have a link like that with no security preventing anyone from downloading it.

Have you compiled all of the gifs that you've made? It's nice to have access to higher quality /longer ones for when you're posting on a place with restrictions less strict than tumblr.

I thought I made more GIFs but yeah, I have them in their own folder on Imgur, at least the ones I've uploaded. There's multiple versions of some because of resizing or before adding text. Didn't add the three I made from the Tony Awards song though.

http://imgur.com/a/kf5K7/all

We are moving some of the larger, offseason tv threads, including this one, over to the Community forum. When the new season starts up, someone can post a new thread in the OT. Please use subscriptions to stay up to date and involved in the meantime. If you have any questions or comments, send me a PM.

Quick

Banned
We are moving some of the larger, offseason tv threads, including this one, over to the Community forum. When the new season starts up, someone can post a new thread in the OT. Please use subscriptions to stay up to date and involved in the meantime. If you have any questions or comments, send me a PM.

If someone hasn't subscribed to their threads at this point, then they have truly failed.

Not surprising after the Supergirl pick up, I think it was either that or the show getting pushed back to mid-season or even Summer. People better start fucking watching it... Fuckers.

Top Bottom