• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The iPad/iPhone/iPod Touch Gaming |Thread4| NOT Doomed

Status
Not open for further replies.

bubnbob

Banned
How is Eternal Legacy on iPad? How long is the game? Is it even good?

It's decent, a good attempt at an original RPG. VA is awful. Gameplay is basic. Story makes no sense. Kind of ok length?

I wouldn't really pay more than a buck for it... it will drop on sale sometime I'm sure.

Card Boy

Banned
It's decent, a good attempt at an original RPG. VA is awful. Gameplay is basic. Story makes no sense. Kind of ok length?

I wouldn't really pay more than a buck for it... it will drop on sale sometime I'm sure.

It currently is a buck. Is it full HD on iPad or just x2 mode like Gamelofts other games?

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Yesterday I played 5-player Super Bomberman 3 on the iPad using 5 wiimotes. It was connected to a 60" LED with the HDMI adapter, running at 60fps. :)

Jailbreaking is awesome.

It currently is a buck. Is it full HD on iPad or just x2 mode like Gamelofts other games?

Not universal I believe. Separate HD app.

Picked up beat hazard... visuals strained my poor eyes. Fucking hate how stuff can happen under your virtual sticks. I thought games got past this >.>"

I don't care if you crop the screen. make the bottom borders visible with our fingers down.

Yesterday I played 5-player Super Bomberman 3 on the iPad using 5 wiimotes. It was connected to a 60" LED with the HDMI adapter, running at 60fps. :)

Jailbreaking is awesome.

The biggest issue I have with this is that you weren't playing Super Bomberman 5 instead.

snack

Jailbreaking is awesome.

Can you link us to a guide and what you installed to get it to work? Thanks!

Ranger X

Is it possible that Apple changed their policies regarding games bought in other countries?

A friend on mine bought multiple apps in the Canadian store and now he's in Spain. He tried to recover is stuff and everything is gone...

Shaneus

ThinkGeek announce iCade 8 bitty. $25

http://toucharcade.com/2012/02/13/thinkgeek-announces-the-icade-8-bitty/

ecea_8_bitty_playing.jpg
Well, there goes any chance of me buying an iControlPad. Or perhaps, at least it'll get a price drop. ~$80 vs. ~$30. Hmmmmmm

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Really annoying ThinkGeek don't bother doing a modern controller with how many games use virtual sticks on iOS...

Fox Mulder

I agree Fifa 12 is 1.4GB, is that really necessary? Drives me crazy.

I don't mind the size in most cases, I did go for the 32GB ipad 2. However, I just think stuff like Square Enix bloating some of their stuff with uncompressed music and japanese voice work is pointless. Why not make that an IAP for people that want a 700MB SNES port?

I also think Apple's update system is a clusterfuck. It's insane that I have to download a whole game again just for an update. It usually leads me to never update stuff like Infinity Blade, or delete it from my ipad if it's in my backlog.

plc268

Really annoying ThinkGeek don't bother doing a modern controller with how many games use virtual sticks on iOS...

How would an analog controller work on the device when it's just essentially a bluetooth keyboard in a controller shell? Until Apple officially supports controllers, I don't see analog working on iOS.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
The biggest issue I have with this is that you weren't playing Super Bomberman 5 instead.

If I had known SB5 did 5-player, I would have. Darn.

I don't know how to multiquote on an iPhone, but to answer your question:

First, jailbreak your iPad 2. (Must be iPad 2, for mirroring out, iirc)
Second, download SNES 9x in cydia.
Third, download iFile in cydia. It costs money, but it's worth it - it's a full-function file browser.
Fourth, put SNES games on your iPad. I just put them in my Dropbox, downloaded them, and opened them in iFile (from Dropbox - yeah, it can do that)
Fifth, get up to 5 wiimote. Classic controller(s) optional
Sixth, Open SNES 9x and pair the wiimotes. This took a few tries for me, since you have to hit the 1&2 buttons on all the wiimotes at exactly the same time.
Seventh, set up whatever custom inputs you want.
Eigth, play game!

Let me know if you have any trouble. It's pretty simple.

PittaGAF

Probably I'm lttp but Darius is FREAKING AWESOME.
It's been AGES I didn't played a proper shmup (I do not particularly love bullet hell ones).
Too bad they decided to have split leaderboards (USA, Europe ANC possiblity Asia).
I do hope they will reconsider If possible....not being able to compare scores with my USA friends it's just plain stupid IMHO.
Still awesome game tough.

schick85

Why are there two differnt versions of Shantae? Difference in content maybe? They're even priced differently: one is 0.99$ while the other one is 4.99$.

top gear stunt school is really good, bought it when it was new and spent weeks on it.

Free roaming around the test track to find coins is good fun especially when there is a huge loop de loop and ramps around and you can use any vehicle you make including wings and jet engines :p

Flunkie

Banned
If anyone picked up Trial Xtreme 2 when it was free, play it now! Easily the best Trials game on the App Store controls-and-gameplay-wise. I usually steer clear of games using tilt for any type of control mechanism, but they nailed it here. I'd play this over Bike Baron or anything else any day.

mzl.sxliquke.320x480-75.jpg

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
Is it possible that Apple changed their policies regarding games bought in other countries?

A friend on mine bought multiple apps in the Canadian store and now he's in Spain. He tried to recover is stuff and everything is gone...

Hasn't this always been the case? If you change region of your account you loose past region purchases unless you got iTunes "backups".

Add: I'm in the same boat so to speak, moved my iTunes account from France to Ireland 3 years back and all my French purchases no longer show up. But I can install and update those apps via iTunes as I still have the apps there (at the same time iTunes on my phone wants to buy the apps if they're not installed). According to Apple this is the way it's meant to be, with "national" apps that you have to repurchase if you leave a region.

If Apple changed anything, it was over 3 years ago.

GeekyDad

Just noticed Chillingo changed the name of Spice Invaders to Spice Bandits. Guess someone over at Taito gave a call to Apple to say, "what up?"

Ranger X

Hasn't this always been the case? If you change region of your account you loose past region purchases unless you got iTunes "backups".

Add: I'm in the same boat so to speak, moved my iTunes account from France to Ireland 3 years back and all my French purchases no longer show up. But I can install and update those apps via iTunes as I still have the apps there (at the same time iTunes on my phone wants to buy the apps if they're not installed). According to Apple this is the way it's meant to be, with "national" apps that you have to repurchase if you leave a region.

If Apple changed anything, it was over 3 years ago.

Pretty bad. Anyhow, my friend called and complained to Apple and they gave all the apps back! Just goes to show how useless this rule is.

EYEL1NER

If anyone picked up Trial Xtreme 2 when it was free, play it now! Easily the best Trials game on the App Store controls-and-gameplay-wise. I usually steer clear of games using tilt for any type of control mechanism, but they nailed it here. I'd play this over Bike Baron or anything else any day.

mzl.sxliquke.320x480-75.jpg
I grabbed it and loved it. I didn't much care for the tilt controls though; I disabled them.
I enjoyed it a hell of a lot more than Trials HD on 360, which I cannot stand the physics of. I just hope more levels come out for this game soon.
It's one of the few iOS games I have reviewed, and I reviewed it specifically so I could say that 'It's awesome, but needs more levels.' Hopefully some come out.
Been playing Cytus. This is what a mobile game should be, no shitty clones and virtual joysticks.
It looks good, but I will wait for it to hit $.99 again.

JaseMath

Bought Beat Hazard. Cool game though it's also the first game I've played that uses "sticks"...and I've realized that touch screen gaming will never replace traditional controls. WTF...people actually like this?

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Bought Beat Hazard. Cool game though it's also the first game I've played that uses "sticks"...and I've realized that touch screen gaming will never replace traditional controls. WTF...people actually like this?

Making the controls fixed makes it better, not sure why that isn't the default

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom