• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony "abandons" The Last Guardian trademark [Up: Sony: Game is still in development]

5VAA2.png

Zia

There are two physical releases I've been desperately looking forwarded to (Nintendo stuff is kind of "whatever" until it's out and I'm told it's good), one being BioShock Infinite, the other The Last Guardian, which also happens to be my most-anticipated game ever.

So, whoo-boy, been a fantastic couple days of news out of those camps.

: (

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
I hope that this is cancelled. That way at least we know that it's never going to come out rather than being uncertain for the rest of our lives.

StuBurns

Banned
There are two physical releases I've been desperately looking forwarded to (Nintendo stuff is kind of "whatever" until it's out and I'm told it's good), one being BioShock Infinite, the other The Last Guardian, which also happens to be my most-anticipated game ever.

So, whoo-boy, been a fantastic couple days of news out of those camps.

: (
Indeed, I expect the next Famitsu to have an interview with Nomura, "How's Versus going?", "No Comment".

Then I'm just going to end it all.

That doesn't even make sense. How many trademarks do they have for stuff they don't even use? Even if the game was cancelled they'd probably just keep the trademark. Or sell it, but not just abandon it.

5012520496_272862da5d_z.jpg

This picture is so full of life, Trico really seems to be a living creature, looking and admiring his creator.

The Phantom looked like it would be an awesome console too. I'm begining to believe there was never really a game here... just some high-quality sizzle reel to get fans to moisten their Depends.

5012520496_272862da5d_z.jpg

This picture is so full of life, Trico really seems to be a living creature, looking and admiring his creator.

Since then I think perhaps Ueda's Benjamin Button syndrome has progressed to the point where he is now a prepubescent boy and unable to complete the project

I hope that this is cancelled. That way at least we know that it's never going to come out rather than being uncertain for the rest of our lives.

Indeed, and so should FFvsXIII, that way we don't get disappointed with every E3 and TGS.

What the fuck happened to Agent?

Same thing happened to the Versus XIII trademark last year, but no one caught it. SE renewed it not long after.

Nice. But isn't there a good chance some random will just buy it now that this is going to be on several gaming sites? Or will they have to state what their intentions are with the name, etc?

I was thinking the game must have gone through some fundamental changes that they had to change the name, until I read this...

Same thing happened to the Versus XIII trademark last year, but no one caught it. SE renewed it not long after.

...in which case, the trademark has been laid dormant for so long that Sony need to renew it.

Or the game has been cancelled.

Top Bottom