• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I won't go any further than this...but Sony needs to do what Nintendo just did.

What, only show a bunch of screenshots of some games and then say "we got this stuff coming at E3?" Sony already did that, and they have Destination PlayStation coming up. If Sony did that, they'd be castrated. But since Nintendo did it, and EVERYBODY LOOOOOOOVES NINTENDO, they get away with a crappy pre-ejaculation of games.

You mean reinforce the statement that people only buy Nintendo consoles for Nintendo games? :p

Only half-kidding.
If that's what it takes.

PS3 would've been a goner had Sony not assaulted us with irresistible first party titles that differentiated it from its less expensive competition. Vita's first-party output has been a quiet stream in comparison, and the few standouts get zero marketing support.

PSP sold many people on the promise of portable GT, FF7:CC, GTA, etc. before it was even released, and those games helped lure in people who maybe weren't too enamored with the launch line-up, but who at least had something to look forward to. Vita would be well-served by a couple "paper" announcements of games that actually matter.

(Of course, it only works if done right (*cough* COD *cough* Bioshock)

Noi

If that's what it takes.

PS3 would've been a goner had Sony not assaulted us with irresistible first party titles that differentiated it from its less expensive competition. Vita's first-party output has been a quiet stream in comparison, and the few standouts get zero marketing support.

PSP sold many people on the promise of portable GT, FF7:CC, GTA, etc. before it was even released, and those games helped lure in people who maybe weren't too enamored with the launch line-up, but who at least had something to look forward to. Vita would be well-served by a couple "paper" announcements of games that actually matter.

(Of course, it only works if done right (*cough* COD *cough* Bioshock)

I getcha. I'm in the minority that can't get excited over "new Mario, new Mario Kart," etc and would rather have new stuff like Puppeteer and Tearaway, but if that's what it takes to move systems... *shrugs*

Moobabe

What did Nintendo do?

Announce a shit load of games and ruin the look of Wind Waker in the process :p

What, only show a bunch of screenshots of some games and then say "we got this stuff coming at E3?" Sony already did that, and they have Destination PlayStation coming up. If Sony did that, they'd be castrated. But since Nintendo did it, and EVERYBODY LOOOOOOOVES NINTENDO, they get away with a crappy pre-ejaculation of games.

When did they do the bolded?

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Did Vita Heaven happen while I was asleep?

Tomodachi

Anyone else want to see a God of War title on Vita? I know the PSP ones are available but NO TROPHIES!!1!asdf
I know they're busy with Ascension but it's crazy not even outsourcing to a good team a God of War Vita, I mean it's one of their most popular franchise in the west and would help sell a few systems. I feel Sony is not even trying sometimes :(

Number45

After saying in the Alundra thread yesterday that I'd kill for a LTTP HD release my heart skipped a beat when I skimmed the headline. Not fussed about WW though, not one of my faves and it already looked great. :/

God the game announced at Nintendo Direct were a shock...we need a god damn Vita Direct =/
The Vita Heaven events never have quite the same impact. :p

Moobabe

After saying in the Alundra thread yesterday that I'd kill for a LTTP HD release my heart skipped a beat when I skimmed the headline. Not fussed about WW though, not one of my faves and it already looked great. :/

Yeah - if it looked like it does on Dolphin I'd have been more impressed, coupled with the "missing" content I might have considered a Wii U (in addition to Retro's new project.)

The Vita Heaven events never have quite the same impact. :p

Why the plural? Did I miss something?

Twinduct

Can't wait until E3! All those Orbis announcements! We might get a sympathy port of something like Home or Calling all cars! Excite!

Velkyn

God the game announced at Nintendo Direct were a shock...we need a god damn Vita Direct =/

Well, there's going to be new Vita stuff at Destination Playstation next month. We can only hope bombshells of this magnitude are dropped there. But...Megaten X Fire Emblem is pretty hard to top. :/

From what I saw, the new announced games did nothing for me. Maybe Nintendo fans who were on the fence or already own a WiiU or 3DS will be pleased, but I can't see any one of those selling me, or people like me, either system.
Even Bayonetta 2, the only thing even on my radar for WiiU at the moment, has concerns for me with them saying "we want to maximize what the WiiU can do" or whatever. That could be construed as "we're adding a ton of stupid gimmicks to the game for the WiiU gamepad".

Didn't see much on Wind Waker HD, but that seems like a desperation move or something. I know people love the hell out of that game for some reason I don't understand, but why does it even need an HD remake?

Well, there's going to be new Vita stuff at Destination Playstation next month. We can only hope bombshells of this magnitude are dropped there. But...Megaten X Fire Emblem is pretty hard to top. :/
We can only hope. It's a retailer event, and Sony's going to have to pull out all the stops to convince the shelf-starved Gamestops of the world to continue stocking Vita and ordering Vita games.

But since it's SCEA (the worst) and they'd probably love nothing more than for the retailers to do the job of killing Vita for them, expect a Vita price increase and $129 64GB memory stick.

zulux21

Persona 5 PS3/PSV BELIEVE!!!!!!! :p

top it or not I am just hoping for some fun announcements, more games that excite me in general isn't a bad thing.

Yes, I was really shocked when Iwata announced a new Mario, Mario Kart, and Zelda titles. I never would've guessed these multi-million unit sellers would receive sequels.

Pretty much, hahaha.

This Nintendo Direct was pretty much Ninty saying 'Hey, don't forget about us at this year's E3!' since they're gonna be buried under MS and Sony news.

Personally not expecting much Vita stuff at E3 unless it's related to PS4. :( Probably plenty of stuff at Gamescom though, like last time.

Yes, I was really shocked when Iwata announced a new Mario, Mario Kart, and Zelda titles. I never would've guessed these multi-million unit sellers would receive sequels.

Don't be an ass, you know what I mean.

The only Sony "franchise" game we've seen on the Vita is Uncharted and that's about it. We have Killzone coming...eventually? Tearaway too, but there aren't any megatons, SMT X FE was a total mindfuck.

The only Sony "franchise" game we've seen on the Vita is Uncharted and that's about it. We have Killzone coming...eventually? Tearaway too, but there aren't any megatons, SMT X FE was a total mindfuck.

Dat new monolithsoft game :/

Tbh I can see Sony having a really long conference again and basically splitting it in half - the first is to say sorry about vita here's some games I'm the horizon. To help you play them the system has a price cut, here's a new memory card and prices are down.

Then the second half is all ps4

zulux21

I would argue that LBP is a franchise game for sony :p

anyways what would you consider a megaton for the vita?

Dat new monolithsoft game :/

Tbh I can see Sony having a really long conference again and basically splitting it in half - the first is to say sorry about vita here's some games I'm the horizon. To help you play them the system has a price cut, here's a new memory card and prices are down.

Then the second half is all ps4

your theory has a distinct lack of 30 min allotted towards wonder book o.o;

Hanmik

Wipeout
LPB
Sly Cooper
Ridge Racer
Resistance
Motorstorm
Modnation racers

Velkyn

I would argue that LBP is a franchise game for sony :p

anyways what would you consider a megaton for the vita?

To quote you earlier, P5 PS3/Vita exclusive. It makes sense, they can still have a game in the pipe even with SMT x FE in dev, and announcements tend to come in pairs...I hope. :*(

Sid

The kind of support(and more) you guys are looking for will exist on the PS4 that's what Sony always does.I wish they treated the Vita as they treat their home consoles too but...eh.

lol this.

Wipeout
LPB
Sly Cooper
Ridge Racer
Resistance
Motorstorm
Modnation racers
I honestly can't help but laugh at this list,sry.

just tried remote play for my first time....well i didnt play any games, but i ran around the ps4 menu, it was fun seeing my ps3 on my vita. but a bit laggy. not sure how to really play a game that way.

also i was wondering if i need an internet connection for gravity rush.. i tried playing o nthe subway, and everytime i tried to start I couldnt due to a conenction error.

Hanmik

I honestly can't help but laugh at this list,sry.

lol... me to.. and I´m the one who posted it.. lol..

But whatever, I have a some games I need to play on my Vita.. and a rather large PS3backlog.. so I´m not in a hurry for new games right now..

Sid

lol... me to.. and I´m the one who posted it.. lol..

But whatever, I have a some games I need to play on my Vita.. and a rather large PS3backlog.. so I´m not in a hurry for new games right now..
LBP,Wipeout and Resistance are very good but they are not GoW,UC or GT and Resistance could have been SO much better.

We still may get the forgotten KZ and Tearaway updates from Sony this month.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom