• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone played Atelier Totori besides me? Something just feels wrong with it, because when battles finish, processing items and experience takes a long time. Sloppy port? Everything else about the game seems good though. Well, actually some sound effects when a battle is initiated would be nice too I guess.

Unrelated: I can't believe the bad ending in Persona has no trophy.

Noi

On the flipside, I've spent 65 hours playing EDF online and off. My $40 purchase has been justified long ago. :X

zulux21

On top of Soul Sacrifice, Sony Computer Entertainment Japan has another Vita title in the pipeline. Famitsu revealed Let’s Do Our Best! Brain-chan, which has a collection of brain training mini-games.

The Vita title will boost your powers of observation, logic, calculating skills, and English ability. Let’s Do Our Best! Brain-chan is scheduled to come out in in Japan this February.
source

this is the second new vita game in less than 24 hours woot

Redhood

Gotcha!

Got all the multiplayer trophies on AC3:L

8408192380_01bae09342_z.jpg

I am not going to get this time back ever.

8408192038_57e0c00e73_z.jpg

Never gonna touch this crap multiplayer ever again! Only thing left is a few full sychro mission and climber trophy and that platinum is all mine!

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
I was slightly torn on my EDF purchase. On one hand, I loved 2017 on the 360 and feel it's worth $40. On the other, I don't want $40 digital releases to become a regular thing.

I caved about 10 minutes after the store updated. Can't let the bugs win.

source

this is the second new vita game in less than 24 hours woot
Is Smart As.. out in Japan? This couldn't just be another case like When Vikings Attack!, where it was assumed to be a new game rather than a localization.

On the flipside, I've spent 65 hours playing EDF online and off. My $40 purchase has been justified long ago. :X
Yeah, that game is damn addictive. Just one more mission, just one more... And there goes the evening. It's especially bad when you find a good team doing high difficulty missions, think of all the loot you'll be missing if you quit...

Even though I played the hell out of it on my iPhone I can't seem to stop playing Jet Pack Joyride on the Vita! Its that "one more go" factor along with the added trophies (I love going after trophies on Vita games for some reason...)

Did anyone else enjoy Sumioni Demon Arts? I admit it was rough round the edges but I still really enjoyed playing through it last weekend. I ended up really addicted to it and didn't put it down until I'd got all the trophies. It did feel pretty cool in the end managing to clear levels without touching the ground and keeping my character fully powered up. Loved the final boss as well, I just wish that the previous bosses had more variety as opposed to basically being the exact same thing with oh-so slightly different attacks.

CrovaxPSO

After playing the Dynasty Warriors Next demo in a moment of boredom, I found it pretty fun and decided to go ahead and buy the game. It's pretty awesome. I had no idea there were so many different weapon types. The "loot" part is pretty cool, too. So far I'm hardly playing the story campaign at all and just using my custom character in conquest mode. The demo didn't even give a sense of the territory conquering part of the game.

None of the touch stuff is really that bad since the minigames are over pretty quickly. I was getting frustrated with the duels until I realized it's much easier to only do a few swipes and then wait instead of risking hitting a block. It has a feature similar to Virtua Tennis as well where other players' custom characters show up and can be recruited to your side to use in later battles.

One downside is that one of the modes is ad-hoc only, and some trophies are tied to that mode.

zulux21

Is Smart As.. out in Japan? This couldn't just be another case like When Vikings Attack!, where it was assumed to be a new game rather than a localization
haven't a clue, just reporting what I read :p

After playing the Dynasty Warriors Next demo in a moment of boredom, I found it pretty fun and decided to go ahead and buy the game. It's pretty awesome. I had no idea there were so many different weapon types. The "loot" part is pretty cool, too. So far I'm hardly playing the story campaign at all and just using my custom character in conquest mode. The demo didn't even give a sense of the territory conquering part of the game.
Your post reads like you hadn't really played a dynasty warriors game before and didn't realize that the shallowness of Dynasty warriors was greatly exaggerated lol (there is in fact a lot to them)

I haven't gotten DWN yet likely won't until it's dirt cheap as I tend to play the DW games co op with my wife and co op on a single vita doesn't work very well (don't even know if DWN has co op play)

CrovaxPSO

haven't a clue, just reporting what I read :p

Your post reads like you hadn't really played a dynasty warriors game before and didn't realize that the shallowness of Dynasty warriors was greatly exaggerated lol (there is in fact a lot to them)

I haven't gotten DWN yet likely won't until it's dirt cheap as I tend to play the DW games co op with my wife and co op on a single vita doesn't work very well (don't even know if DWN has co op play)

Yeah, this is the first time I've played one. I never really thought they were shallow, at least in terms of the combat. I just thought the combat was all there was. The item drops, equipping, etc. were all things I didn't know about.

So far the only multiplayer option I've seen (other than encountering created characters) is the ad-hoc mode, so you'd need two Vitas.

zulux21

Yeah, this is the first time I've played one. I never really thought they were shallow, at least in terms of the combat. I just thought the combat was all there was. The item drops, equipping, etc. were all things I didn't know about.

So far the only multiplayer option I've seen (other than encountering created characters) is the ad-hoc mode, so you'd need two Vitas.

my shallow comment was in general that is how the DW games are treated in the video game community. But yeah there is a decent amount of stuff that goes into combat, and in general a lot of the characters play quite a bit different/ the weapons play quite a bit different. I'm not sure how the roster or story mode are in DWN but in general there is a pretty decent roster and a decent story that follows the romance of the three kingdoms.

If you enjoy DWN and find yourself wanting to play co op with friends and want a huge roster with lots to do, I recommend warriors orochi 3 as it combines dynasty warriors and samurai warriors (which is their japanese history version of dynasty warriors) to make a huge roster (over 100 characters of which you actually control a party of 3 at all times) with a ton to do. but alas that is ps3/360/wii u only and not on the vita.

Kerub

Banned
Wow, persona 4 golden is looooong. Also, it's the first 50 hours + game in a long while where I didn't get bored towards the end.

QP3

Wow, persona 4 golden is looooong. Also, it's the first 50 hours + game in a long while where I didn't get bored towards the end.

It's the first jrpg since FFX that has kept my interest after 15 hours.

Usually I don't like "long" games, but in this case I am completely ok with it :)

Tomodachi

I'm getting really impatient waiting for the postal service to deliver P4G from VGP. It's been almost a month, I really hope customs didn't block it :(

TheContact

I ended up buying FF6 on the PSN and the load times are worse than I remember. I actually have an easier time playing this on my iPhone. Not sure if I'm going to keep playing it any more.

Moobabe

I ended up buying FF6 on the PSN and the load times are worse than I remember. I actually have an easier time playing this on my iPhone. Not sure if I'm going to keep playing it any more.

That sucks man, but the PS1 version is the worst of the bunch.

anddo0

This
Should it be cheaper? Probably...

But this game is so much fun. It's also deeper than it looks on the surface.
Video game humor usually falls short with me. But EDF has me cracking up every other mission. EDF EDF EDF!!!

Flunkie

Banned
It's not very interesting. Or good. Has been given away for free on iOS before.

This
Should it be cheaper? Probably...

But this game is so much fun. It's also deeper than it looks on the surface.
Video game humor usually falls short with me. But EDF has me cracking up every other mission. EDF EDF EDF!!!
I need to get :(

Cha

So Divekick is coming. I hope they flesh the game out some more because although it's good, I'll get bored after a day or two if it's the same version that was at UFGT.

I’m genuinely looking forward to Divekick. Hope the game supports cross game chat. It better be priced decently though.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I'm getting really impatient waiting for the postal service to deliver P4G from VGP. It's been almost a month, I really hope customs didn't block it :(

that's three of us now (two from play-asia though). Maybe the post office has an internal 'lets play P4G' thread going on using all our copies?

ZeroAKA

I watched the video, still looks interesting and I'd rather have it on Vita. Won't pick it up just yet anyway, not adding to the backlog at the moment.
All you really do in the "game" is match 2 elements together to get a new one. After 2 minutes, you'll start getting bored. After 5 minutes, the process will become tedious. $6 is a huge rip-off.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Edit: And Sonic Racing Transformed demo finally!

Downloaded the demo last night, and the flight portion really left me wanting some sort of flight combat game for Vita.

All in all it was pretty good, but I think I'll stick with Need For Speed and Wipeout for my Vita racing fix.

omg_mjd

None of the touch stuff is really that bad since the minigames are over pretty quickly. I was getting frustrated with the duels until I realized it's much easier to only do a few swipes and then wait instead of risking hitting a block. It has a feature similar to Virtua Tennis as well where other players' custom characters show up and can be recruited to your side to use in later battles.

One downside is that one of the modes is ad-hoc only, and some trophies are tied to that mode.

That is one of the best parts of the game...running into the bizarre creations of other players and getting them as officers. I only wish Near would show up other DWN players in my immediate area so I can try out ad hoc.

Thing is though--would people actually be up for that? I once got a message from a random asking if I'd like to try ad hoc (since he was going for platinum) and I didn't reply. Had no idea then how rare it is to run into local players.

Anyway feel free to add me: omg_mjd (No one else on my list is playing the game.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom