• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr E.

I get the feeling we'll see a lot more sports games - especially EA ones - on Vita in the next couple years. There's no point them spending the money porting the current engines when they can just wait for the next-gen ones and then port then instead.

They couldn't be arsed to update Fifa 13 from the previous Fifa. Which was in fact Fifa 11 not Fifa 12 because they couldn't be arsed to port over Fifa 12.

If you can follow that you will realise they are just out to milk Vita owners with shit lazy ports.

I feel better now.

I guess I'm still not used to it yet. I'm still finding the controls really squirrely, like it's either the camera is flinging wildly around, or I have to jam the right stick in the direction I want while gyrating wildly.
I'm kinda doing this (in a calm manner) and generally it's ok, but during the first boss fight I found that the camera would often look up to the sky once I restored gravity. There is definitely something funny going on with the camera assist, but that is understandable considering the complexities of the movement in this game.

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
Currently enjoying some Sonic Transformed glories (yes, I caved). Great game. Heaps of unlockables, good leveling and progression, awesome music , and best of all, major F-Zero GX style.

It's fairly clear that I've backlogged myself into a corner. Persona, Sonic, Ni No Kuni, Oddworld, and Hay Day. Oops.

bradigor

Just got my first ever hole in one on Everybody's Golf, so bloody proud of myself.

I love how this game on the surface looks so casual, but is probably more hardcore than Tiger Woods.

Best I managed before was a a -3 on a par 5, that was pack on the original PS1 version.

zulux21

Currently enjoying some Sonic Transformed glories (yes, I caved). Great game. Heaps of unlockables, good leveling and progression, awesome music , and best of all, major F-Zero GX style.

It's fairly clear that I've backlogged myself into a corner. Persona, Sonic, Ni No Kuni, Oddworld, and Hay Day. Oops.

i need to get that at some point, though I will likely just get on pc for cheap...

I haven't backlogged myself into a corner though, my whole house crumbled under my backlog and I am just buried under it just playing what ever catches my eye... thus for most games I am just going to wait until it's cheap lol.

Christian

VitaGAF, my conviction is wavering. I was, but a few days ago, convinced I'd be picking up Sly 4 upon release in early February. But before doing so, I wanted to play and finish the final Sly I had remaining on the HD collection - Honor Among Thieves. Damn, what was Sucker Punch thinking with that game? By the end of the trilogy, they'd removed so much of what made the original charming. And I just didn't enjoy the third game. I had it on PS2, but I didn't play much beyond Venice. Yuck. Leaves a sour taste, and I haven't even started the challenges yet... It's not gon' be pretty. I know Sanzaru cut out a bunch of the teammates, but I truly hope they go back to more linear levels, and a larger emphasis on platforming, not extended heists that link one mini-game to another. And I REALLY hope they fix some of the collision detection issues. I lost count of the times I hit O to latch onto a hook or a wall ring, simply to sail underneath it or past it.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
VitaGAF, my conviction is wavering. I was, but a few days ago, convinced I'd be picking up Sly 4 upon release in early February. But before doing so, I wanted to play and finish the final Sly I had remaining on the HD collection - Honor Among Thieves. Damn, what was Sucker Punch thinking with that game? By the end of the trilogy, they'd removed so much of what made the original charming. And I just didn't enjoy the third game. I had it on PS2, but I didn't play much beyond Venice. Yuck. Leaves a sour taste, and I haven't even started the challenges yet... It's not gon' be pretty. I know Sanzaru cut out a bunch of the teammates, but I truly hope they go back to more linear levels, and a larger emphasis on platforming, not extended heists that link one mini-game to another. And I REALLY hope they fix some of the collision detection issues. I lost count of the times I hit O to latch onto a hook or a wall ring, simply to sail underneath it or past it.

Just do the smart thing - rent or borrow, then decide based on that.

Christian

Just do the smart thing - rent or borrow, then decide based on that.

I don't have any friends with a Vita, so borrowing is not an option. And are there places that actually rent Vita games? I don't typically rent, and I'm not signing up for GameFly for one Vita game...

Watch this to see if it fits your tastes.

breakfuss

Just read up on Revelations. What a load of shit. And did you see their explanation?

...when we were developing Revelations for new platforms we really wanted to hone in on the experience you get with a large format screen, surround sound, etc. This type of setup really helps players get sucked into the horror vibe and enjoy the game to its fullest extent

I'm not even a big fan of the series, but cOME ON!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I don't have any friends with a Vita, so borrowing is not an option. And are there places that actually rent Vita games? I don't typically rent, and I'm not signing up for GameFly for one Vita game...

Sounds like you should wait for impressions. Don't look for them in this thread, but look for people who usually don't post in this thread about what they think. In fact, the PS3 feedback thread should be fine for it.

Shahed

marie says hi. oh, i'm sorry, you don't know who that is

i-it-it'snotasifiwanttoplaythisgameandmeether!!

Oh I'm still looking forward to it. Not only because I want to play it again, but for the extra content as well. But the extra content isn't pivotal and I've already experienced the majority of what the game has to offer

Derrick01

Banned
What's a good thing to use to clean the Vita that has one of those Hori screen protectors? I use glass wipes and sometimes smaller glasses wipes but they both seem to leave some nasty streaks on there that won't even come off with fingerprints swiping against them.

Akuosa

I don't know how you guys can bear a month while the rest of us are spamming about how awesome P4G is. I'd probably avoid all gaming communities for the month.
In short, barely. You guys sure are not helping me with the waiting game. Hell, I'm not ashamed to admit it's the reason I just got my Vita.
OK, maybe I'm a bit ashamed.

What's a good thing to use to clean the Vita that has one of those Hori screen protectors? I use glass wipes and sometimes smaller glasses wipes but they both seem to leave some nasty streaks on there that won't even come off with fingerprints swiping against them.

Microfiber cloth? I keep one from a screen protector install in my Vita case... seems to work fine for me... but not sure it will meet your standards. :)

--

I wish the PSN store update blog post would show up, I've gotten everything I know I need to download, but I'd consider a few more based on how cheap some of those 13/13 games are... plus I want to see if there are any other unannounced sales/price drops/etc.

Derrick01

Banned
Microfiber cloth? I keep one from a screen protector install in my Vita case... seems to work fine for me... but not sure it will meet your standards. :)

Good enough for a try I guess...if I can find one that is. With the way it is now when a light hits the dark screen it looks like I didn't even clean it with how many streaks there are. I also noticed what appears to be a dead pixel on the far right but it's only noticeable on really bright screens like Persona's bright yellow menu :\

ZeroAKA

Beats Slider is this week's free PSM game. I'm going to assume that it's definitely worth downloading since it's a FuturLab title.

Edit: And Sonic Racing Transformed demo finally!

I cant be the only one who thinks this Need for Speed Most Wanted has horrendous controls. Its not about upgrading either that helps slightly. I think this game has major input lag. I was doing donuts and noticed it. While doing donuts driving left i turn the stick from all the way left to all the way right and the cars wheels are still going full left. Right after i put the stick far right then the tires on the car start to move to right.

Just read up on Revelations. What a load of shit. And did you see their explanation?

I'm not even a big fan of the series, but cOME ON!

Then why make it for the 3DS in the first place !?!?!

Honestly i rather them had said, well we are porting it because it didnt sell well enough and we think we can get alot of people to buy it if we port to consoles. Since it didnt sell well enough for us to be satisfied with only the 3ds why port to vita when its selling less units than the 3ds. Basically not worth their time even though it would be an extremely easy port and they could profit from it. Why spend the time to port to something even if they make money if wont be as much of a return from the others. Personally while they may not get as big of a return for the effort it still think it would be a return and thus doing it makes sense but they lazy.

Odrion

Banned
Wow. TERRIBLE reason. So stupid.
The real reason why they're putting it on consoles is that RE6 managed to stink up the franchise worse than a rotting trout and and they need to quickly sweep it under the rug with something, ANYTHING Resident Evil related that is remotely better than RE6.

namDa65

Just started persona 4. 5 hours in, this game is pretty good.

The real reason why they're putting it on consoles is that RE6 managed to stink up the franchise worse than a rotting trout and and they need to quickly sweep it under the rug with something, ANYTHING Resident Evil related that is remotely better than RE6.

Resi 6 is pretty fucking sick. Up there with vanquish if you play the game right. The games movement and melee system really opened up so many ways to play the game. Sure some design choices are questionable, but resi 6 is so underrated.

Resi 6 is pretty fucking sick. Up there with vanquish if you play the game right. The games movement and melee system really opened up so many ways to play the game. Sure some design choices are questionable, but resi 6 is so underrated.

Now you hush that jibber-jabber.

Also, I was hoping Gun Commando would be decent. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom