• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT31| I Think it Might Be for Show

BTA

I didn't mean to watch as much of the ROM stuff right now as I did.

I need to actually make something for it next year.

This Giant ROM video is great. And having the full cast of duders together is double great.

Only 30 minutes in, but this Smash Bros take, with each duder repping a different game, is incredible. Love it.

derFeef

That PUBG vid is good but why don't they have the crew on screen as well? It's like half of the fun seeing their reaction. Ben had it for like 10 seconds and I was like YES! And then he switched back to fullscreen game... why?

Holy shit, wasn't paying too much attention to the Vinny screen on UPF, thought he was just a looping video. Surprised the shit out of me when he spoke!

OK.

Just realised the reason Drew is in a lot of the GBROM games and why Ben and Abby are not was because Giant Rom 2017 was in fucking JANUARY.

Thats the Giant Bomb I know and love (?)

BTA

OK.

Just realised the reason Drew is in a lot of the GBROM games and why Ben and Abby are not was because Giant Rom 2017 was in fucking JANUARY.

Thats the Giant Bomb I know and love (?)

I mean, they did say they meant to do something for like 6 months.

I stopped watching right before Hitduder cause I need to get around to what I actually meant to do today, but I'm leaving that as a nice little gift to myself for later tonight.

J_Viper

Now that I got my PC back, I'm going back and forth on checking out PUBG

Any duders enjoying it playing solo? Because that's where I'll be spending my time.

Lunar FC

Any duders enjoying it playing solo? Because that's where I'll be spending my time.

My first 20 hours were solo and I enjoyed it for the most part. But once I started playing some squad games, I don't think I could go back.

Wunder

Solo FPP is quite enjoyable. I still mostly play Squad/Duo but solo doesn't make me want to claw my eyes out now

What's everyone's favourite old GB video/series to go back to?
Licensed game show QLs

Is anyone else disappointed when a QL turns out to be a GBWest joint? I was looking forward to the QL for The Long Dark, but was kinda bummed to hear it was Brad and Jeff. At the very least, Brad seems into it.
Honestly, yes. I enjoy the manic nature of most East QLs, West is a little more relaxed but I love them all the same. I do prefer to see post by Abby Russell/Vinny Caravella on QLs more but that's just my East bias.

oti

Banned
So, is Game Grumps just a more internet version of GB? I stumbled upon their BOTW playthrough and the first episode is quite enjoyable. They even talk about vintage GB topic fast food.

https://youtu.be/V82qSnN9eFE

Not a big fan of heavy use of profanity, but so far it's alright.

So, is Game Grumps just a more internet version of GB? I stumbled upon their BOTW playthrough and the first episode is quite enjoyable. They even talk about vintage GB topic fast food.

Not a big fan of heavy use of profanity, but so far it's alright.

SBF is more like "internet GB," Woolie and Matt have actual backgrounds in game production.

GG are the most youtuber-level youtubers you can get.

BTA

I haven't played too much PUBG, but beyond a single duo game and squadding a lot every night for a week a few weeks ago, I've only played solo. Though I guess the squadding's decently more than that now.

I enjoy it but it's definitely tenser and I end up hiding a lot more. Still, if you push yourself, it's fun.

cFOeRDE.gif

chogidogs

Just started GameROM. I don't know if any of those duders who made games read this thread but GOOD JOB! Now I kinda want to start learning game programming again so I can join the next one.

KingKong

I can't believe the PUBG 800 point crates are still selling for about 2 bucks on steam. You're basically losing money by not playing the game!

4YOfrgk.gif

There was a time when I would be interested in a game like The Long Dark. Now is not that time though. Having said that, I dig how it looks.

I thought I'd give it a shot for the story mode, but it starts you off immediately with the typical survival game loop and I just have zero interest in that anymore. I tried the new No Man's Sky patch for like 5 minutes before dropping it.

Salarians

The Long Dark is apparently an episodic game, launching with only the first two episodes with the other three coming later in 2017 and 2018. And the PSN store description doesn't appear to mention any of this.

I haven't played it or even watched the QL yet but that just comes off as a little weird and shady.

after playing a bit of it and seeing the stuff in this Quick Look, I am just baffled that this thing was in early access for 3 years or more, like there are still so many rough edges and things I can immediately look at and think "that could be better by changing this one really simple thing"

Replaying Uncharted 1 for the first time in almost 8 years, I forgot how bad this game is. Pushing through this so I can move on to 2 and appreciate the evolution of the series.

BTA

I totally changed my mind on what I wanted to do today so I guess I'm watching more of ROM now and the Megadate tonight.

I hope Hitduder lives up to the hype.

EDIT: IT DID

Decided to look up Jim Carrey's paintings and sculptures when Ben mentioned them on UPF.

This Guardian article was the first thing that popped up and I honestly thought it was a joke at first.

The author absolutely shits on Jim for no reason.

Look at some of this:

"Some celebrity artists put on a perfectly decent performance. Rock stars turn to painting without completely humiliating themselves. Ronnie Wood’s portraits of the Rolling Stones are a decent visual diary of the ageing rock ‘n roll life and Bob Dylan’s paintings give convincing visual form to the landscapes of his songs. But then he is a Nobel laureate. Perhaps musicians are more well-rounded. Maybe actors give so much in their roles they’ve got no more to give. Whatever the reason, Carrey joins Hollywood’s artistic walk of shame."
"The superficiality and lack of soul of these actors’ art is telling. Los Angeles has a thriving art world and film-star dollars help it prosper. Stars doubtless feel they “know” art because they’ve got a couple of Warhols and a Ruscha. This is a horrible delusion that encourages the worst kind of unexpressive, oddly impersonal pretentiousness. By contrast, rock stars tend to be much less aware of artistic fashion, and so more honest and heartfelt in their drawings and paintings. A bit of homespun sincerity is better than lurid exhibitionism when it comes to amateur art."

It's pretty disgusting to me, the message this author is trying to send.

Jim's painting actually look pretty cool too. I really like this one of sharks swimming in what appears to be oil:

What a fucking cock

Demption

What do you think is the premium news for monday? There has been more cross - coast streams and Vinny was on UPF, maybe something to do with that? More cross-coast content should't be news to announce though.

Top Bottom