• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSN Flash Sale incoming (US)

Are those Marvel Ultimate Alliance games worth it?

Can someone give me a reason why MUA collection is not worth 23 bucks if I love those style of games?

If you like the MUA games, or Marvel stories in this style of game. Top down action RPG, then they are worth it.

From what I know and played, at least on PC, they have been patched to be playable at least. Sadly a lot of the bugs and original problems from their initial releases are still in these ports.

MUA 2 has better gameplay but worse RPG elements, the first has better RPG elements and more variety in areas but geezuz play on easy or with other people. The AI in the first game makes it an exercise in frustration on normal. I downright uninstalled it cause I just could not take it anymore, note this was an issue in the original version too. Like if there are two enemies on screen, the AI will attack the opposite one from you, but their damage is scaled back massively so they cant kill it, nor will they help you. And there is an AI "defense, attack" blah blah button but it only lasts a handful of seconds...

Good games and stories (though I feel like the second falls apart hard at the end) but they definitely did not age well in certain aspects. 2 games for $23 is a good deal though I'd say. They are not exactly short, but not too long either.

Shin

Banned
Anyone else having issue with the store, it's not loading at all for me or rather stuck at loading.

Anybody here liked Outlast and willing to recommend it?

I really liked it, haven't played the DLC but the base game is one of my favorite horror games. I played it on PC so I can't speak for the PS4 version but I would imagine it's fine. At this price it's hard to not recommend it in my opinion.

halfbeast

Banned
NtXFNSN.gif

sYx4lkd.jpg

h773rPZ.jpg

2590922-3988854157-kqz1p.gif

x5ynn7h.jpg

8873e4657e134bc866ae829b9209c429.gif

(she's bi)

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Anybody here liked Outlast and willing to recommend it?

Yes, +1 recommendation here. Get the package with the Whistleblower DLC, it's worth it.

Be forewarned that it's not like RE7, you will never get any weapons or combat. The game is 100% hide and seek from enemies. But by god if it isn't one of the most tense and unnerving 'scary' games you'll find out there.

dawgparty

Any good Co-Op games in this sale?

Looking at MUA bundle, how is that for co-op?

If you like the games they're great co-op. Played through both with friends. The second one is a bit more fun co-op IMO because they have these kind of "super" moves that you can only do with another character(e.g. hulk throws wolverine around, invisible woman makes an energy ball and spiderman runs around in it).

Is the JoJo game any good? Like as a game, not as a fan. I love JoJo, but that doesnt mean i want to play a mediocre game with a license attached to it.

Accoun

Was hoping for a Steins;Gate repeat or Fate/Extra. Instead got Black Rock Shooter. And maybe Prinny.

Is it any good? Was always kinda interested in it.

Was hoping for a Steins;Gate repeat or Fate/Extra. Instead got Black Rock Shooter. And maybe Prinny.

Prinny is an incredibly fun game, I'm thinking of doubledipping for it myself. The boss fights are especially fun and satisfying

Weiss

Banned
How's the PS2 version of Psychonauts? Is it really that bad?

Also is there another sale coming next week? Or was that just a rumour?

There will be a new set of games on Tuesday.

I've yet to play Psychonauts. It is sitting in my backlog so I hope it isn't that bad.

It's terrible, regardless of any upscaling. At all costs, play the steam version, which is 2 dollars about 50% of the time.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Ok, just posting a small update from my earlier posts in this topic.

Holy shit. Jackbox party pack game(s) are an instant hit in a group family/friends setting. I bought Party Pack 1 based on feedback from this thread and me, the wife and both our siblings had a blast with it over friday and saturday. Fibbage was the star of the pack.

Gonna get the party pack 2 at this sale price, should have picked up the jackbox 1 and 2 bundle but ah well, spending $2 more is not an issue for this level of entertainment.

Highly recommend everyone who wants something for an offline 'entertainment' package to consider the jackbox party packs. These are good for a group of 2 to 8 (or more) people in an offline/local setting.

You don't need PS+, just your PS4 to be online and for all potential players to have a cell phone or tablet with an active connection (wifi, data, doesn't matter).

Aru

Both Prinny games are good but holy shit are they hard, especially the final bosses (didn't go for the secret bosses). Unless you are interested in learning every pattern by heart, go for the lowest difficulty level in both games. It's still challenging enough. Normal in Prinny 1 is hard mode in any other platformer, Hard mode is Nightmare mode.
Easy in Prinny 2 is Hardish Normal.

patchday

Hm, wondering bout getting Deadpool. $20 doesnt seem too bad

Disappointed DmC4 Special Edition not on sale I really wanted to get that one discounted

Is the JoJo game any good? Like as a game, not as a fan. I love JoJo, but that doesnt mean i want to play a mediocre game with a license attached to it.

yeah I was wondering bout JoJo too. I'm all caught up on the anime so would be interesting to play through it

Top Bottom