• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 2 - Lots of new info from Game Informer

Kibbles

In one screen, (the one where she is alone, not with the other 3 dudes around her) Maria sort of looks like Megan Fox from Transformers. o_O

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
jet1911 said:
It has the same look as this screen.

gears-of-war-20051003095644817.jpg

Not realtime. ;)

Epic doesn't do CG - the early shots were just that - early shots...

Marcus' face has changed a few times over time, and that's it - the models and polygons look exactly the same as the game I've been playing since November 2006...

It's all real-time.

2real4tv

I hope the storyline does not get cheesy I think they should have kept the orginal core cast, they all had different personalities I enjoyed. I don't think the GeOW I had a bad storyline I just think their were too many blanks in the storyline and alot of unexplained instances

Kibbles

Skilotonn said:

Marcus' face has changed a few times over time, and that's it - the models and polygons look exactly the same as the game I've been playing since November 2006...

It's all real-time.
Ladies and Gentlemen, start your bowing.

Yoboman

Skilotonn said:

It's all real-time.
Yeah sorry, the game looked nowhere near that good. Off with the rose tints

Mamesj

Banned
Skilotonn said:

It's all real-time.

awesome, you totally eat up the ambiguity they toss out, then regurgitate it for us.

Dante said:
I thought they were gonna do 4 player?

Here is a quote from the article concerning co-op:

"While we haven't yet heard about any plans to expand beyond the two-person play options of the first game, the way that the cooperative campaign will flow has shifted in some important ways."

Then they go on to talk about the drop in drop out gameplay, different save files, and having individual difficulty levels. So I guess there's hope.

Router

Hopsiah the Kanga-Jew
Wow, Its kinda weird to see a female character in Gears. Maria looks cool though. All the new characters look good, apart from the Troll Cowboy looking Dizzy. Baird and Cole had better be back too.

Ariexv

SHOTEH FOCK OP said:
Here is a quote from the article concerning co-op:

"While we haven't yet heard about any plans to expand beyond the two-person play options of the first game, the way that the cooperative campaign will flow has shifted in some important ways."

Then they go on to talk about the drop in drop out gameplay, different save files, and having individual difficulty levels. So I guess there's hope.
haven't yet heard |= doesn't exist.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
The hell? Other than the downsized magazine resolutions, what is so drastically different?

Strider2K99 said:
It's still only 2 player coop? =(

Again, they never mentioned an amount...

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
Another dedicated vehicle stage?

Less Cole?

Ability for Co-op partners to pussy out and pick an even easier difficulty level?

I don't know whether to celebrate this preview or put Cliffy on my ignore list.

Matchmaking or bust. No more sitting in rooms hoping that the one guy in your room doesnt leave. Online achievements that don't force players to play with blinders on. ALL KILLS COUNT NO MATTER WHAT MODE YOU PLAY. Mute button available on screen.

Everything else I believe was covered already. Theres no such thing as host advantage in COD4. If IW can figure out how to do it I know Epic should have this fixed. I remember reading on the official GOW message boards someone saying that it would be cool to get background info on the peoples who's dogtags you find. It's nice to know Epic listens.

I do have one question that hasnt been mentioned. When people are having these epic chainsaw duels are the other players supposed to just stand around watch? How do I help my teammate in those situations?

Sean

Banned
Sounds good overall, but some things like the increased story I'm not sure of. GoW got a lot of shit for it's story but I'm not sure the Gears audience will care about Maria and reading dogtags off random dead soldiers and all that.

And needs more Cole!

VaLiancY

This sounds really great what they're doing for the sequel even adding more story elements just the part about his wife sounds iffy to me.

Router

Hopsiah the Kanga-Jew
VaLiancY said:
This sounds really great what they're doing for the sequel even adding more story elements just the part about his wife sounds iffy to me.

Why? I thought everyone wanted them to flesh out the story this time? Maria sounds like a great addition.

Router said:
Why? I thought everyone wanted them to flesh out the story this time? Maria sounds like a great addition.

Absolutely. I was plenty engaged with just the four guys on the road. Adding another level of drama to the proceedings will make it all the better. Man, 2008 just got a lot more fucking awesome today.

I'm gonna go listen to some fucking Sleep records.

Top Bottom