• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony FiM Season 2 |OT| - Quality Has No Demographic

At some point the writers will have to address that fact that Scootaloo can't fly unlike other pegisi her age can fly just fine. I'm thinking birth defect myself.

Also, Featherweight doesn't seem like a normal Pony to me. He looks like some weird cross breed. Maybe his Dad is a Pony and his Mom is a Deer?

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
At some point the writers will have to address that fact that Scootaloo can't fly with other pegisi her age can fly just fine. I'm thinking birth defect myself.

Also, Featherweight doesn't seem like a normal Pony to me. He looks like some weird cross breed. Maybe his Dad is a Pony and his Mom is a Deer?

Fetherweight seems older than everyone else based on size. And the episode did clarify different "grades" at the school. Outside of the pilot ep, we've never seen little pegasus ponies fly. Saying scoot can't fly because of a defect is just reaching.

Black-Box

Fetherweight seems older than everyone else based on size. And the episode did clarify different "grades" at the school. Outside of the pilot ep, we've never seen little pegasus ponies fly. Saying scoot can't fly because of a defect is just reaching.

her wings do look smaller than they should be, but maybe wings grow at different speeds

Actually Fetherweight was shown flying when he got his promotion. Rainbow dash and flutter shy seemed to be the same age at Scoot when when they were in flight school.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
The Citizen Kane of our time.

nqNxH.png

"Rose.... "

SzUji.jpg

"What?"

kjT2V.png

"..bud"

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
You know shit has gotten real when Big Mac starts actually talking.

Black-Box

come to think of it, that might be the problem - Scootaloo is taught the way of the Earth dirt ponies

when you see her fall and her wings only lift the back of her up, you can tell that her wings are not big enough to hold her up in the arm, fluttershy wings were bigger, so it isn't a problem where she is taught has pinkie was warned that babies might be capable of flight when she went to babysit

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe

Cake's Pegasus baby.

Also other children in Fluttershy's flashback. Note that even if Fluttershy sucks at flying fast she can still fly.

Theonik

You're the reason tabloids exist. She was clearly distraught over the false implications! A life, shattered by yellow journalism!
I only say things the way I see them!

We know from Green isn't your Color that Fluttershy needs no special beauty rituals.
She also visits the Spa frequently and does other things with Rarity of that nature. Same episode. Only Pony beyond any of that stuff is probably dash.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Cake's Pegasus baby.

Also other children in Fluttershy's flashback. Note that even if Fluttershy sucks at flying fast she can still fly.

Cakes baby was already explained by babies having spurts of power as infants. And those fillies with Fluttershy were at flight camp.

Boss Doggie

Who knows how old she is compared to when FS and RD were in flight camp. The closest thing to adolescent designs are the tall lanky ones.

Seems like they're roughly in the same age though.

Really, just send her to flight camp since she's useless.

Theonik

Theory: Scoot's parents are earth ponies, we know from the baby ep that pony genetics are iffy at best so it's possible so they may refuse to send her to flight camp for some reason.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Theory: Scoot's parents are earth ponies, we know from the baby ep that pony genetics are iffy at best so it's possible so they may refuse to send her to flight camp for some reason.

I honestly don't think there's an "in universe" reason Scoot can't fly. I think it is because if she could fly she'd have no reason to use her adorable scooter, and they couldn't do her little hover gags.

Theonik

I honestly don't think there's an "in universe" reason Scoot can't fly. I think it is because if she could fly she'd have no reason to use her adorable scooter, and they couldn't do her little hover gags.
That is probably it, but It's way more fun to try and explain it with silly theories in a way.
She is called Scootaloo, after all, they must love the pun.

Orcastar

Great episode. Lots of great gags and the continuity nods were nice too. Of course it would be nicer to actually see Trixie again instead of just hearing her mentioned.

Did anyone notice that Scootaloo has a Rainbow Dash action figure in the clubhouse? Or was it already there in Mare-do-well?

Oh and did Derpy make an appearance? If she did, I must have missed it.

Tizoc

Great episode. Lots of great gags and the continuity nods were nice too. Of course it would be nicer to actually see Trixie again instead of just hearing her mentioned.

Did anyone notice that Scootaloo has a Rainbow Dash action figure in the clubhouse? Or was it already there in Mare-do-well?

Oh and did Derpy make an appearance? If she did, I must have missed it.

A filly with Derpy's colors can be seen in the ep.

I didn't see Derpy anywhere either.

This was an okay episode. Loved all the past references like Trixie and Smarty Pants. The big surprise was seeing the AJ / Bic Mac reversal.

There's been a lot of art of the new pegasus Featherweight as Spiderman.

Also, I was surprised that Big Mac said more lines than he usually does in this episode, as harsh as they were.

Just finished watching it lol what a great episode, lots of really funny moments. Even though I read what happens, actually watching, it was still hilarious. So how many episodes we have left? :(

Ikael

Loved this episode, CMC nonwithstanding. Great comedy moments, I haven't laughed so much in the series since

Lesson Zero. Highlights:

- Celestia eating cake
- Mr. Fancypants - Big Mac pairing
- Rarity rage rampage
- Tail extensions
- The expressions of just about everyone in the paparazzi photos

Also, the ending provided a real cute twist other than the predictable "Diamond Tiara tasting her own medicine", and it was great to see the CMC feeling guilty all along rather than follow into the formulaic pattern of just learing a lesson in the end. Superb episode all around.

blamite

Just finished watching it lol what a great episode, lots of really funny moments. Even though I read what happens, actually watching, it was still hilarious. So how many episodes we have left? :(
One episode next week, then a week off, then both parts of the finale the next week.

Boss Doggie

You know, let's just not call them CMC episodes anymore. Let's just call them regular episodes with CMC plot device. That way they wouldn't be horrible-sounding.

On a random note, when I think of what the CMC call themselves in this episode - both before and after it aired - I keep thinking it's "Gabby Giffords".

Thanks, PoliGAF.

Top Bottom