• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony FiM Season 2 |OT| - Quality Has No Demographic

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member

Mass exposure for MLP? Awesome...

rNMdH.gif

Oh wait what.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Non-American here, who the hell is Tori Spelling?

myth? lol.
no ends to your crazy, ookami.

oh u

Or maybe a big bulky guy with tiny little wings was funny. Reading way too far into the "steroids" thing most people are just joking about.

Bolt Vanderhuge.

Oh I know it's one of those archetypical character designs, but you know how fandom thinking are.

McNum

So they're playing up the royal wedding like a royal wedding with journalists and media attention and all? That could be funny. We know there are pony paparazzi already. Well, they might as well go all out, it's not like the show has a tradition of holding back.

Dave Ryder pony was amusing. Other than that, definitely one of the better episodes of Season 2.

Also, evidence that Derpy is going nowhere. Now maybe that drama can die down a bit.

I suppose I should've posted this two days ago, but I've been too busy playing Shining the Holy Ark to turn my computer on.

Boss Doggie

Oh a Beverly Hills character.

Having Fluttershy be so adorable and part of the master race is just cruel for the hnggggg.

So you agree that she is essentially the generic, exploited moe character whose only sole defining factor is her "meekness and shyness" which is exploited by storywriters and occasionally has that "surprise" effect when she changes her attitude.

Good god I never imagined I'd hate her character more and more.

And the writers having really been using that "surprise" aspect in season 2.

She turns into Flutterbitch, gets mad at Discord and flies really fast, snaps the bear's neck, yells at trick or treaters, turns into a bitch again, yells at and barrels over Rainbow Dash, then yells and flies really fast.

Dragonshy may be great, but Green Isn't Your Color was a great Fluttershy focused episode without being about her surprising us with uncharacteristic behavior or overcoming her personality.

There's nothing wrong with her being moe, no need to dedicate two episodes to her overcoming her shyness, especially in a western cartoon for young children, where status quo will certainly be retained, and "Shy" is literally part of her name.

Theonik

Oh a Beverly Hills character.

So you agree that she is essentially the generic, exploited moe character whose only sole defining factor is her "meekness and shyness" which is exploited by storywriters and occasionally has that "surprise" effect when she changes her attitude.

Good god I never imagined I'd hate her character more and more.
Do you actually like any of the characters now?

Orcastar

I was wondering the same thing.

Seriously, Ookami, you need to chill out. You seem to hate most of the characters, you hate the fandom, practically all your posts in this thread are about how the show just fills you with rage. And all this from watching a cartoon series about cute and colourful little ponies. It can't be good for you.

Boss Doggie

I was wondering the same thing.

Seriously, Ookami, you need to chill out. You seem to hate most of the characters, you hate the fandom, practically all your posts in this thread are about how the show just fills you with rage. And all this from watching a cartoon series about cute and colourful little ponies. It can't be good for you.

Actually RD is recently becoming good to me because she's actually showing character progression, and I haven't really shown any hate towards AJ and Twilight. I used to like Fluttershy but the way she's handled makes me shake my head. Never cared for Rarity or Pinkie.

There's nothing wrong with her being moe, no need to dedicate two episodes to her overcoming her shyness, especially in a western cartoon for young children, where status quo will certainly be retained, and "Shy" is literally part of her name.

That's what I mean though - should've just made her shyness played down if they decided to make her "over come" her shyness or stop using that plot point.

And moe is fine... if the character isn't relying solely on that aspect.

How is flying a 5 (when everypony was 9+) considered flying super fast? It seems to me that when she flew past the meter, she still wasn't doing her best, even though she wasn't as scared anymore.

Narag

Best CMC ep incoming.

How is flying a 5 (when everypony was 9+) considered flying super fast? It seems to me that when she flew past the meter, she still wasn't doing her best, even though she wasn't as scared anymore.

I kinda wondered if the meter was off calibration at the end hence her low score but they forgot to touch back on that.

I actually really enjoyed and laughed at what was shown so far at the clip, and hope the rest of the episode is as good as what I saw so far =p

One question in regard to the last episode: How many times did Twilight smack Spike around for saying the obvious? I counted two, plus the last time where he was 'magic-ed off screen' (to be beaten more obviously).

I don't know...maybe I am watching too much FiW. All I know it was something that made me laugh like an idiot!

Boss Doggie

Hah true, I shouldn't have kept some expectations to them.

Love and tolerance... unless it's the fanbase itself.

EDIT: Oh god no why am I the second most active poster in this thread

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD

blamite

John de Lancie's return confirmed!

But will Discord make his triumphant comeback in the season finale or in Season 3? Let the speculation begin!

I'd be pretty surprised if it was the S2 finale, although that one preview makes me think it's possible. But wasn't Return of Harmony expected to be the S2 finale a one point? I vaguely remember reading that even though it was made at the end of season 1 it wasn't necessarily originally going to air first. I don't really know how long episodes take though so they could have totally changed the plan at some point along the way. I dunno.

Orcastar

I'd be pretty surprised if it was the S2 finale, although that one preview makes me think it's possible. But wasn't Return of Harmony expected to be the S2 finale a one point? I vaguely remember reading that even though it was made at the end of season 1 it wasn't necessarily originally going to air first. I don't really know how long episodes take though so they could have totally changed the plan at some point along the way. I dunno.
No, Return of Harmony was originally supposed to be the S1 finale, but it was moved to S2. It was never supposed to be the S2 finale.

My take is that they have to seek Discord's help to catch another villain so temporarily release him/his essence.
Something like that would be interesting. Have him in a supporting role rather than as the main villain. Or make it so that it appears that way, but it all ends up being a part of Discord's plan to break free.

Two things I note:

1) Rainbow doesn't look too thrilled.

2) Twilight looks rather distrustful of Cadence there. Knowing the synopsis of part 2 involving some secret involving Cadence, and that her fiancee is apparently Twilight's brother... attention to detail, or reading too far into a billboard?

Narag

Think #1 is reading too much into it as I could swear I've seen that vector used before but #2 is probably spot on.

Theonik

No, Return of Harmony was originally supposed to be the S1 finale, but it was moved to S2. It was never supposed to be the S2 finale.

Something like that would be interesting. Have him in a supporting role rather than as the main villain. Or make it so that it appears that way, but it all ends up being a part of Discord's plan to break free.
Discord being discord he could have found a way to convince everypony that Cadence was bad and played on Twilights insecurities to force her to seek his help. Alternatively it could also be something like Cadence being a supporter of discord trying to find a way to release him.

blamite

Cadence looks a lot like Twilight. Aeeing them right next to each other makes it even more apparent. could that be part of it? Will Princess Sparkle become canon?

Top Bottom