• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony FiM Season 2 |OT| - Quality Has No Demographic

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Or maybe she's just special or something. But eh, stuff like this really weakens Fluttershy for me. RD is surprisingly acting more mature as episodes go by.

In just the few short episodes that I've watched, I can easily say that Fluttershy is becoming my favorite. It's funny watching her become so worrisome and nervous and all that other stuff

cool ep, liked the part when rainbow dash eyes got stuck in the tree, also flutter shy acting adorable and her training montage was awesome and that muscle pony is awesome. and i vote for Big McLargeHuge

Theonik

Best new ponies or best new ponies?
SfMqm.jpg

DnAYB.jpg
Edit: Sorry for the giant pics. Quoted.

Roid pony has tiny wings. LOL

Makes you wonder about Scootaloo now doesn't it. If a baby can fly and a large adult with smaller wings can fly then what exactly is wrong with Scootaloo? Is she too lazy or just incompetent? Especially when you consider a smaller pony(Rumble) was participating while Scootaloo was no where to be seen.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Makes you wonder about Scootaloo now doesn't it. If a baby can fly and a large adult with smaller wings can fly then what exactly is wrong with Scootaloo? Is she too lazy or just incompetent? Especially when you consider a smaller pony(Rumble) was participating while Scootaloo was no where to be seen.

There was only one young Pegasus in this episode. He's been to flight camp, the others have not.

There was only one young Pegasus in this episode. He's been to flight camp, the others have not.

After the episode with the baby Cakes, in response to a question asked about why Pound Cake could fly and Scootaloo couldn't, Faust said she was just a late bloomer or something like that.

Am I imagining things, or was that shout-out scene cut short just as Rainbow was about to address Derpy?

I just saw the episode and was going to post the same thing. There definitely seemed to be an awkward pause in the scene JUST as Derpy passed by. But hey at least they're keeping her to cameos, Derp eyes and all. Not a bad compromise.

Anyway, wow, what an episode. Top favorite of the season for me. Fluttershy was really HNNNNG-worthy and huggable throughout this episode. Not only that, but I REALLY prefer these over Merriwether Williams' episodes with Fluttershy. It seems like with her episodes there are funny gags and moments but are pretty weak and flimsy overall. Not bed, just kinda "meh" in comparison. But Cindy Morrow, she GETS it. She also did Sisterhooves Social which, IMO was another great, genuinely tenderhearted episode. But sadly, Morrow is on the outs, right? It's a shame, Williams should be :/

brian577

Banned
I just saw the episode and was going to post the same thing. There definitely seemed to be an awkward pause in the scene JUST as Derpy passed by. But hey at least they're keeping her to cameos, Derp eyes and all. Not a bad compromise.

But sadly, Morrow is on the outs, right? It's a shame, Williams should be :/

Actually, as far as I'm aware no. But I did hear that Williams is leaving to work on Adventure Time. You might be thinking of Amy Keating Rogers or even storyboard editor Rob Renzenti.

Edit: From an earlier post about Season 3 in the last topic I quote from EQD: (who's blog entry has been deleted for some season)
Writers include Meghan McCarthy, Cindy Morrow, M. A. Larson, Dave Polsky

But if you remember at the beginning RD called for all the Pegasus to show up for the meeting of which Scootaloo was not present for. I'm sure if she was there somepony would of helped her, considering they needed all the help they could get to break the record before the illnesses made it to just to reach the minimum.

shaowebb

But if you remember at the beginning RD called for all the Pegasus to show up for the meeting of which Scootaloo was not present for. I'm sure if she was there somepony would of helped her, considering they needed all the help they could get to break the record before the illnesses made it to just to reach the minimum.

Or if you look at it from an animators point of view you might notice most of the shots are from around the top of an adult pony's legs and up. The equivalent of a bust shot for a human. That would mean that including little pony's like a filly would be pointless in most scenes since they wouldn't be tall enough to incorporate into most shots. Thunderlane's little brother Rumble was includable as he would know where his bro was so he was necessary as a plot device to include and visually he'd be so simlar to his brother he would sell the excuse better since he would be seen as family and not just one of his friends who might be "covering" for him.

Of course any shots that were open field like the training field with the track or the shot with Rumble could have added Scootaloo to them fairly easily, but it looked to me like they wanted to use this episode to let the artists play around with new pony designs so it would kind of defeat the purpose to throw her into things if that was something for a lot of the team to look forward to doing this episode.

My take is she could've been added, but tiny lil pony's were kept to a minimum due to shot requirements and in the end even when she could have been added she was passed by for a chance to let the artists try out new pony designs.

Whogie

I did sense an awkward pause with Derpy too, initially, but after rewatching that scene, Derpy appears as she's addressing someone else.
They should name Derpy 'Ditzy Doo' and be done with it, instead of completely avoiding addressing her.

Something like that wasn't suitable for children. And as far as we know, Scoot can't fly.
fqvj8.png

Cheerilee

I did sense an awkward pause with Derpy too, initially, but after rewatching that scene, Derpy appears as she's addressing someone else.
I thought that there were actually two small pauses, so I suspected that they deleted a Derpy line, and then took the line that was directly before/after it and shuffled it into the center of the space that would've been used by the two combined, to try and minimize the gap.

They should name Derpy 'Ditzy Doo' and be done with it, instead of completely avoiding addressing her.
Any rename will just stir the pot. After another four episodes she can be quietly swept under the rug without a trace. And I'm not sure that I'd want them to continue writing a Derpy who isn't allowed to derp.

What they should do is defend their creative talent when they do largely-innocuous things, but that's not going to happen.

Just finally got to watch the episode. Felt like an apology for all the Derpy drama of late (even though it was probably already produced by the time that happened). Like NEO0MJ said, the letter reading was cute, and her goggles being crooked at the end.

Great episode I thought, even though Fluttershy's "No!" moment at the end was pretty abrupt.

lol MLP spreading the roid myth of all things :p
Or maybe a big bulky guy with tiny little wings was funny. Reading way too far into the "steroids" thing most people are just joking about.

Bolt Vanderhuge.

Top Bottom