• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What do you think the "good news" about FF XV will be at Gamescom?

Keym

Hey insiders, are we getting a FFXV: A Realm Reborn-esque version next week? Post once for yes, twice for no.

So here are my final expectations:

• Fishing VR. New trailer and gameplay.
  • Comrades trailer, maybe release date.
  • Survey results, maybe with a teaster of Ardyn's past since that's obviously winning.

Anything else would be a surprise. They won't annouce a PC version till all the DLCs are out.

SOLDIER

So what time during Gamescom should we expect this news? Is there going to be a Square panel or something?

Still wondering if they're planning to show anything else. Again, I did get a random YouTube comment that claimed we would be getting more FFVII Remake news. Make of that what you will.

So what time during Gamescom should we expect this news? Is there going to be a Square panel or something?

Still wondering if they're planning to show anything else. Again, I did get a random YouTube comment that claimed we would be getting more FFVII Remake news. Make of that what you will.

Everyone should forget about FF7r until KH3 releases... we ain't seeing that game for awhile.

Dinjoralo

Hey insiders, are we getting a FFXV: A Realm Reborn-esque version next week? Post once for yes, twice for no.
I get the feeling people are vastly exaggerating how poor Final Fantasy XV is, if people think it needs a Realm Reborn kind of treatment.

A PC version would be nice, but we'll have to see what comes up. I haven't been following news on the game, so I don't know what's up.

LordKasual

Banned
I get the feeling people are vastly exaggerating how poor Final Fantasy XV is, if people think it needs a Realm Reborn kind of treatment.

That's FF GAF's favorite pasttime, it seems.

But as far as potential goes, I actually wouldn't mind a FFXVRR style update to the game. It wouldn't be so farfetched, seeing as BD2 is probably planning to use XV's engine in the future

I wouldn't be against a reuse of the engine of some sort, but I would better like it if it was for another and completely original Tabata's project.

theofficefan99

A PC version would be nice, but we'll have to see what comes up. I haven't been following news on the game, so I don't know what's up.

It's possible that there are people who really, really, really didn't like it and think that the game is very poor in pretty much every category. I think it's so poorly constructed, so fundamentally flawed, along with being very incomplete, that it could use ARR treatment. Is it a 4/10 like XIV 1.0? No, but I do think the game is a 5-6/10.

Dinjoralo

It's possible that there are people who really, really, really didn't like it and think that the game is very poor in pretty much every category. I think it's so poorly constructed, so fundamentally flawed, along with being very incomplete, that it could use ARR treatment. Is it a 4/10 like XIV 1.0? No, but I do think the game is a 5-6/10.
XIV 1.0 wasn't just a 4/10. It was a complete disaster, causing Square Enix to bleed financially, restructure the development team and fire the people in charge of it, and could have permanently tarnished the Final Fantasy name if they had just let it go. I remember hearing XV turned a profit, and it's at an 81% on Opencritic. It's not that bad.

theofficefan99

XIV 1.0 wasn't just a 4/10. It was a complete disaster, causing Square Enix to bleed financially, restructure the development team and fire the people in charge of it, and could have permanently tarnished the Final Fantasy name if they had just let it go. I remember hearing XV turned a profit, and it's at an 81% on Opencritic. It's not that bad.

Never said that it sold poorly and that it was such a disaster that it would kill the company, but I definitely think it could use a complete overhaul/remake! Though, the fact that they announced story patches and improvements a week after launch is also kind of telling.

Koozek

Koozek, since you're an insider , just like Falk. Could you at least tell us when is the multi-player coming out?

;)
No comment.

So the FF Versus XV rumors were true, eh?
The world of Versus will never die 🙏

So here are my final expectations:

• Fishing VR. New trailer and gameplay.
  • Comrades trailer, maybe release date.
  • Survey results, maybe with a teaster of Ardyn's past since that's obviously winning.

Anything else would be a surprise. They won't annouce a PC version till all the DLCs are out.
Sounds a bit more plausible now; I mean, imagine after having teased a "big announcement" for gamescom a few months ago they only showed a fishing VR trailer, lol. They said they'd want to make up for the last few weak gamescom appearances of FFXV. I would happily take a new FFXV game/meaty expansion!

I always thought they'd wait until Spring 2018 or so for the PC vesion until all DLC is out, but I also wouldn't be that surprised if they announced the PC version this week already; they announced a few PC ports at gamescom in the past since it's the perfect place for that over here. Maybe coming alongside the Ignis DLC. We'll see.

Everyone should forget about FF7r until KH3 releases... we ain't seeing that game for awhile.
I could see one trailer later this year showing some of the other characters and more on the combat. They have to have something substantial for FFVII's 20th anniversary, no? But I honestly think they should be silent after that until a year before release (probably late 2019 at the earliest).

Toth

No insider here but I hear rumblings of something that will make fans very, very happy. No idea what this is though. We'll know soon if it's epic or not.

Bashtee

Breh. Have you actually played XIV 1.0? 4/10 is generous for the mess it was. XV isn't even close to that.

No insider here but I hear rumblings of something that will make fans very, very happy. No idea what this is though. We'll know soon if it's epic or not.

Lightning.

Ydelnae

A time machine that goes back to 2008 and prevents all the fuckery at S-E with the mainline FF brand from happening? Count me in!

Toth

A time machine that goes back to 2008 and prevents all the fuckery at S-E with the mainline FF brand from happening? Count me in!

They are doing something right. The series is as popular worldwide as it's ever been.
The revival of XIV alone was worth 1.0 ( which actually got a lot better around patch 1.23)

Dinjoralo

Never said that it sold poorly and that it was such a disaster that it would kill the company, but I definitely think it could use a complete overhaul/remake! Though, the fact that they announced story patches and improvements a week after launch is also kind of telling.
They did? That is actually really telling, I agree. That kinda thing just shouts "this game came out before it was done sorry guys"

Ydelnae

The fan event in Cologne is happening Friday 25th, by the way. Wonder if they will throw more Versus artworks and concept art in a random table while asking fans to ignore the elephant in the room and stop asking about Versus.

ViciousDS

Banned

It's also dragged a lot of new FF fans into the games. I know a lot of people who completed FFXV and it was their first go into the world. They absolutely loved it.

FFXV is not overall liked on GAF but general public seemed to love it.

I'm hoping the good news is an X patch where frame pacing is non existent just like the Xbox one version of the game.

SOLDIER

It's also dragged a lot of new FF fans into the games. I know a lot of people who completed FFXV and it was their first go into the world. They absolutely loved it.

FFXV is not overall liked on GAF but general public seemed to love it.

I'm hoping the good news is an X patch where frame pacing is non existent just like the Xbox one version of the game.

Don't let a few trolls cloud your perspective: FFXV is overall far and away liked over FFXIII.

It's far from perfect but it's a step in the right direction and can only go up from here (depending just how far they're taking the updates).

Final Fantasy XV is my 2016 GOTY and my fifth favorite FF overall but I think saying that it's liked in GAF is just delusional. It's certainly not a vocal minority that dislikes the game for sure.

Lutherian

- A new patch that will rewrite the story, written by Shigeru Miyamoto :

The Evil Empire captures Lunafreya. Noctis and his friends must save her by travelling the entire Magical Kingdom.

When you defeat the Evil Empire, Lunafreya kisses Noctis and cook a big cake !
Roll credits.

Can't be worse than the actual game.

theofficefan99

They did? That is actually really telling, I agree. That kinda thing just shouts "this game came out before it was done sorry guys"

Yup.

I'm not expecting a Versus XIII version or anything, but the version of the game before the dev team went "ohhhh crappppPpPpP we have no time and we've only finished the Lucis area" and then completely gutted the story? I'd like to see that. If not, oh well.

The fan event in Cologne is happening Friday 25th, by the way. Wonder if they will throw more Versus artworks and concept art in a random table while asking fans to ignore the elephant in the room and stop asking about Versus.

I hope so. I really enjoyed the last time they showed them off and I would really like to see more.
I will forever be bitter that they weren't included in the official artbook though.

As for the "super surprise" coming soon....... all the missing story in DLC form please.

Top Bottom