• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What do you think the "good news" about FF XV will be at Gamescom?

brad-t

Whoa, I just noticed he has only four fingers. Are all of the human characters on Futurama/Simpsons like this??

No, the Simpsons have five fingers.

2MCnN6J.jpg

Rarius

Maybe they'll announce that you'll actually get to explore the multiple world maps that were obviously just cut out.

Stygr

Banned
Gamescom 2015: MGSV announced for PC
Gamescom 2016: Nier: Automata announced for PC

Im pretty sure they will announce the PC port with all the DLC's in a GOTY (lol) edition by the end of the year.

Mediking

Complete Edition is coming.

That story really gotta be reworked though. I dunno if Tabata is willing to go that far.

Gorillaz

PC announced comrade stuff and possibly a new playable area that makese sense in terms of what they have already
world of ruin
. Wouldn't be surprised if the last doesn't happen

Carlius

Banned

That long overdue PC port announcement.

Scorpio version / PC version
If not that, related to multiplayer version expansion- or titled Final Fantasy XV Online
+ latin words

Probably PC, with the tall grass and destructible environments.

God I hope he announces some additional story content though. What happened to the extra cutscenes? He added one.

Best news possible would be a PC port.

i want to believeeee.... but its SE and i am ready for pure disappointment in thia department.

Rarius

Sigh...so tired of this line...

What. You're telling me that going to THE MAIN OBJECTIVE OF YOUR QUEST and being turned around from an obviously fully modeled area isn't a sign of cut content?

Or the massive, massive Venice-Like city which has a grand total of;

A shop

A couple of fishing holes

An Arena.

And is exceptionally massive and is only used for 20 minutes of gameplay isn't cut content?

Or, you know, the entire World of Darkness which is remodeled, takes place years later and is very obviously missing cutscenes explaining anything
FFXV is an objectively reworked game, we know this, the developers have spoken about this, how there are massive, massive chunks of content missing.

probably pc. They probably broke even and made some profit but they will want to milk it for all they can. Especially since its mediocre the game.

probably pc. They probably broke even and made some profit but they will want to milk it for all they can. Especially since its mediocre the game.

They were profitable day 1, and shipped an extra million units in december alone. Also other AAA publishers wont approve a game without a 10 year plan for the franchise, calling DLC support "milking" is laughable.

You're gonna need to define cut content because I think you're misrepresenting it. Cut content is content that was made and cut from the final version of the game. What you are describing is content that isn't there. You're conflating the two. But let's take this one at a time:

What. You're telling me that going to THE MAIN OBJECTIVE OF YOUR QUEST and being turned around from an obviously fully modeled area isn't a sign of cut content?

I am going to assume you mean Tenebrae here. Tenebrae is not the "main objective" of Noctis's quest. Don't know how you think that.

Just because the background is modeled does not mean it was ever explorable nor does it mean it was "cut" from the game. Plenty of other games have modeled backgrounds. I think you're just assuming because it was modeled that it was at some point a playable area. That is not the case.

Or the massive, massive Venice-Like city which has a grand total of;

A shop

A couple of fishing holes

An Arena.

And is exceptionally massive and is only used for 20 minutes of gameplay isn't cut content?

Again, you are conflating your sense of lack of content with "cut content". Again, just because a background is modeled does not mean it's a playable area. Additionally, you're greatly misrepresenting Altissia and what you can do there.

Or, you know, the entire World of Darkness which is remodeled, takes place years later and is very obviously missing cutscenes explaining anything
FFXV is an objectively reworked game, we know this, the developers have spoken about this, how there are massive, massive chunks of content missing.

Explaining anything you say? You had a whole car ride with Talcott explaining what happened over the course of ten years. If you'd like to be more specific in what wasn't explained then please elaborate because there are a few things that aren't explained in Chapter 14, but the hyperbole of "nothing explained" is just that: hyperbole.

CheckMate

Realistically speaking:

• PC version for a December release with the last DLC episode so they could charge it for $60
  • Talking about both the online and the in-game surveys.
  • Showcasing Multiplayer and official release date.
  • Screenshots of a new expansion based on the in-game survey for 2018.
I honestly don't expect much as they haven't really teased anything other then naming the event in a broadcast that was only in Japanese. Unless the English Twitter account teases anything I'm not holding my breath. Especially since Gamescom is a week away.

Socivol

The "cut content" I really missed in the game was the Dawn material.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FXMJTGna_xA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-g1CwNw2i88

I really loved those trailers. The cutscenes in them were intriguing and better directed than most cutscenes in the actual game.

I wonder what happened in the year between them and the actual release. Some of the cutscenes don't fit at all with the story we got, which is even more intriguing.

I hated the Dawn trailers when they were released but so much pre-release content wasn't in the game and I really wonder why. The scene with Noctis and Regis would've gone a long way to show their bond which was absent from the full game.

As much as I love the game, I'm not expecting a whole lot.

Still mad about
Tenebrae.

Willing to be pleastanly surprised.

sappyday

it might be too late but my biggest hope is them fixing up the later chapters, specifically 9-12 (I would say 13 but they already did despite it not being enough)

Socivol

It's probably just delving into the multiplayer. Maybe some early info on Episode Ignis.

I'd kill for a Realm Reborn treatment, though.
I don't think they would need to revamp the whole game like a realm reborn just some gameplay tweeks and story improvements. Call it the Lucis edition or something like that.

Mailbox

i want to believeeee.... but its SE and i am ready for pure disappointment in thia department.

They've shown off quite a bit regarding the game running on a 1080ti, so them not announcing it would be dumb.

But again, I expect this all to be about the multiplayer, episode ignis, and maybe a definitive edition. Maybe even something regarding the September or October updates for the game.

Weirdly enough, Despite me thinking that FF15 isn't an amazing game (and having too many self-defeating/conflicting issues that limit it from even being a great game), i do still have fun with it, and i'd likely double dip for a pc port :)

I'd kill for a Realm Reborn treatment, though.

Wouldn't that just be a XV-2 that is just significantly better than the first, though?
(Since ARR is actually a sequal to 14 iirc)

theofficefan99

An expansion for the main story, please. The "awesome unannounced expansion" that was stated to be in production by Tabata a few months back.

I know we'll never ever see the E3 2013 version, but I'd at least like to see the TGS 2014/Jump Festa 2015/Dawn Trailer version of the game. Alternate timeline? Pls.

SOLDIER

Are you just being cute or do you know something? Because if you do, I have to assume it's new content.

Don't take this as insider info or anything, but I got a random YouTube comment last week for my FFVII Remake reaction video that said "Get ready to lose your shit again at Gamescom."

I'm not that skeptical, but I can't help but wonder why the comment mentioned Gamescom, especially as it wasn't a video about FFXV. Did they mention any hints about showing anything else besides FFXV?

120v

expecting something underwhelming. though whenever it goes on PC i'll go balls deep with the DLC and MP and everything. just did a quick playthrough on ps4 to see what the fuss was about and sold it

ReaperXL7

FFXV-2 Electric Boogaloo: Lightnings revenge. Lightning returns as MC, Ignis, Prompto and Gladius will wear short shorts.

Something like this

Untitled-8.png

Top Bottom