• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What do you think the "good news" about FF XV will be at Gamescom?

SOLDIER

Was it rumored that they would actually insert a playable Fall of Insomnia as an expanded opening, or was that something people hoped for?

Azubah

FFXV-2 Electric Boogaloo: Lightnings revenge. Ignis, Prompto, and Gladius will wear short shorts.

Something like this

Untitled-8.png

I certainly hope so.

Regarding the Dawn trailers, did they ever go into what was going on with child Luna? Was it covered in Kingsglaive at all?

LordKasual

Banned
The "cut content" I really missed in the game was the Dawn material.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FXMJTGna_xA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-g1CwNw2i88

I really loved those trailers. The cutscenes in them were intriguing and better directed than most cutscenes in the actual game.

I wonder what happened in the year between them and the actual release. Some of the cutscenes don't fit at all with the story we got, which is even more intriguing.

The Episode Duscae cutscenes were amazing as well, all of them. God i wish the game had more of them.

...as well as the canned parry animations from Duscae, all of which were removed from the game.

anyway, reading over Tabata's comments again, i really doubt its going to be anything drastic

Socivol

I certainly hope so.

Regarding the Dawn trailers, did they ever go into what was going on with child Luna? Was it covered in Kingsglaive at all?

It can be assumed that it's just an imperial soldier abusing her after Nilfheim invaded Tenabrae.

Mailbox

The Episode Duscae cutscenes were amazing as well, all of them. God i wish the game had more of them.

...as well as the canned parry animations from Duscae, all of which were removed from the game.

anyway, reading over Tabata's comments again, i really doubt its going to be anything drastic

Yeah. Really wish we had more structured world/ story design like in episode duscae (The fact they didn't make getting the armiger a sort of mandatory pilgrimage-esque plotline is criminal) And I vastly prefer the parrying indicator that duscae has over the confusing (to other people, i know you have to hold) prompt given in the main game.

It can be assumed that it's just an imperial soldier abusing her after Nilfheim invaded Tenabrae.

Seems to me like its supposed to be that guy from the second infiltration that you have to knock-out. Was probably a deleted plotline involving that general.

Imo, they really should have included the dawn trailers as that dream sequence rather than the omen trailer (Which, in hindsight was a very misinforming trailer)

Arkeband

Banned
Was it rumored that they would actually insert a playable Fall of Insomnia as an expanded opening, or was that something people hoped for?

Have they even fixed the boys sliding 30 feet across the floor like the Babadook in the opening that exists?

Feels like there's a lot of polish the game still needs before we start adding more jank.

SOLDIER

Have they even fixed the boys sliding 30 feet across the floor like the Babadook in the opening that exists?

Feels like there's a lot of polish the game still needs before we start adding more jank.

In truth I would like the priority to be an improvement in performance and control. Tighten things up with the framerate, fix the motherfucking "jump when you meant to talk" issue, rebalance enemies so that you aren't one-shotted by a random fucker in a dungeon when everything else is scaled appropriately, etc.

And when they do this, I want them to apply more gameplay content that actually incentivizes me to revisit the game. Just giving the option to drive off-road doesn't matter much if you've already completed everything. I heard they recently added a new post-game boss, so that's a step in the right direction.

Mailbox

In truth I would like the priority to be an improvement in performance and control. Tighten things up with the framerate, fix the motherfucking "jump when you meant to talk" issue, rebalance enemies so that you aren't one-shotted by a random fucker in a dungeon when everything else is scaled appropriately, etc.

tbf with those 2; the first is a localization issue. The JP version and even the Judgement demo do not have this issue b/c interact is tied to O. They shouldn't have altered it for the stateside release, though :(
For the second, most dungeons actually scale well, having bosses that are maybe 10-20 levels ahead of the rest of the enemies. The only dungeon where this is untrue is the mines where there is a discrepancy of over 40 levels between the boss and the regular enemies.

Strings

We already had one director cut, so a directors' cut would see Tabata go too?
Hurrr.

I honestly don't think anything they announce could buoy my opinion of the game :/ I like it less and less as time goes on.

That said, the announcement will 99% be just the PC version, which sees an already pretty game get prettier, but no more interesting.

Really hoping for a PC release myself. I was loving the game on PS4 but the technical aspect of it was hindering my enjoyment so much that I simply put it off in the hope that a PC announcement would follow within a reasonable time frame (~1 year).

If that's not it, I'm going to have to suffer through the input lag / 30 fps (or stuttery unlocked framerate, pick your poison).

LAA

Didn't think about PC, but I presumed it would be the results of that future DLC survey?
Biggest hopes outside of them would be fully explorable Tenebrae/Insomnia, but doubt it... :(

DJIzana

Didn't think about PC, but I presumed it would be the results of that future DLC survey?
Biggest hopes outside of them would be fully explorable Tenebrae/Insomnia, but doubt it... :(

They would have to redesign Insomnia but I would also wish for Insomnia to be explorable too. Reason being? All those buildings you see way off in the distance are all 2D. Even some of the closer ones. Saw a video of it.

ozfunghi

Anything can be ported to anything with a serious amount of work on it. The scenario is too unlikely to even be worth considering. Squeenix hasnt fixed console JC3 to this day, they don't like doing huge amounts of work

It's not like porting it to the PSP or 3DS or something. It would need the same amount of work as Xbox games needed to run on PS2. Dialing down effects, lower res, lower res textures etc... It could look like Xenoblade Chronicles X in 900P with some added effects and that would be perfectly fine. If they would just try to keep everything as is, sure it would run like shit.

But the chance of SE porting this to Switch, regardless how powerful the system is, would be close to nil anyway. Moot discussion in that regard.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
That they're ready to move on from 15 and work on a more traditional, turn based FF16 with no GAAS esque hooks.

That chick in the armour whose name I forget, she was the best character in the game despite the criminally low amount of screen time she got.

So the good news is that she's getting her own spin-off hopefully.

That chick in the armour whose name I forget, she was the best character in the game despite the criminally low amount of screen time she got.

So the good news is that she's getting her own spin-off hopefully.
Yeaaa was just gonna suggest it's dlc to add aranea to the party. People already do it via some glitch I think.

Aside from that, PC version announcement. Trust.

With this thread, let us lament along with King Regis, the greatest scene ever directed in Final Fantasy history....

which ended up not being in the game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FXMJTGna_xA

Ganescom, bring it back?

Watched this trailer just once when released and now after playing the game god damn it. He knew.

I wish they implemented these scenes somehow, also that Omen trailer where he talks to crystal knowing what happends to Noct.

Koozek

Anyone know when to expect some news?
Gamescom starts Tuesday. I guess they'll publish new trailers on the first day already (or maybe even tomorrow) and announce their schedule tomorrow if they're planning on doing an ATR/livestreams.

Gamescom starts Tuesday. I guess they'll publish new trailers on the first day already (or maybe even tomorrow) and announce their schedule tomorrow if they're planning on doing an ATR/livestreams.

I don't really expect announcements that warrant trailers.

Maybe the fishing game, I guess.

xbox one x patch will get all the dx12 graphical upgrades?

More likely similar to PS4 Pro options but a bit more advanced since its a beefier box.

1080p + prettier graphics

1080p + variable 60fps with graphics at base settings.

And a high res mode I will guess something around 1800p, FFXV was super low res on XB1 and struggling on PS4 so I would be shocked if they can get native 4k on XOX.

Mariip

Game got out of beta and now they'll add a proper prologue and the missing cutscenes, they'll also be replacing luna with a new chatacter called "Stella" who knows how to use cellphones and fights with a rapier

But really, expect comrades stuff, and maybe the poll results

Don't expect a pc version until the dlc for this game is ready, really, square has been doing that since the 13 saga and people still don't get it .-.

Top Bottom