• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ARMS |OT| (’-‘)-------------

Luigi87

Lola's movement out of her block is fantastic. I did several practice matches before I realized she could do that (I never watched too in-depth videos of her) and went "Well this changes everything."

Lola's movement out of her block is fantastic. I did several practice matches before I realized she could do that (I never watched too in-depth videos of her) and went "Well this changes everything."

It really is! She nearly matches Byte's Dog Jump and Cobra's Slither Dash!

In fact, after a bit of testing, her block jump is only shorter than Byte's Barq Jump by Barq's own height!

bonesquad

I popped Arms in to check out the update, and I was quickly reminded 1) I hate hoops and 2) I'm terrible at this game:)

Party mode's still a blast though. Maybe with Ranked only requiring level 1 Grand Prix I'll try a few matches. I always avoided ranked assuming I'd be destroyed worse than Party Mode...

Did 3.0 add new voice clips? I've noticed some from my mains that I've never heard before...

For example, Byte now has "Calculating Trajectory..." as a throw quote, which I hadn't heard.

Also, Lola's maniacal laughter when she picks up Hedlok is nightmarish.

Regiruler

Did 3.0 add new voice clips? I've noticed some from my mains that I've never heard before...

For example, Byte now has "Calculating Trajectory..." as a throw quote, which I hadn't heard.

Also, Lola's maniacal laughter when she picks up Hedlok is nightmarish.

I can't say I've heard that line before, but I haven't heard it myself.

JavyOO7

When I feel like ranked may be too much for me, I play against the AI on level 6 and have it so that matches can go up to six rounds. And if I win I get 9 points out of that. Then I go to party matches to get more points and see how I do... and then after that go to ranked. The method is working out... okay so far. I went from 7 to 9 yesterday. I could have went to 10 but went to a friends play to play some board games.

Players are decent I feel in rank 7 - 10. And they all feel like varying forms of level 6 AI, even though the AI is always on the mark when it comes to punches and grabs and stuff.

Truth be told, I want to join the league that this guy on Twitch has (http://schkrimpsquad.challonge.com/MLM2). I feel like I'd get wrecked though since I recognize some of them (I think?) from the other league he has, fight club. Those guys are all sorts of bonkers. But it'd be so fun to play them... XD

ARMS GAF should have its own league man =p

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Next major update needs to include a color editor.

Yeah that'd be great. I'd also like some other single player content update, and a faster way to earn more Arms.

I've slowed on the game because of a lack of progression. Takes too long to earn fight money and get new arms... the game needs a speedier progression like Splatoon for playing online.

Regiruler

Yeah that'd be great. I'd also like some other single player content update, and a faster way to earn more Arms.

I've slowed on the game because of a lack of progression. Takes too long to earn fight money and get new arms... the game needs a speedier progression like Splatoon for playing online.

It's interesting you say that because Splatoon 2's progression is practically molasses depending on how far you want to go.

It's interesting you say that because Splatoon 2's progression is practically molasses depending on how far you want to go.
Will never understand the desperation to unlock the amrs, in this case it seems more a fault on the player's side than the game. The idea is to take some time experiementing with a set of arms and character combination, the user get coins from every activity he does in the game.

A user that is accuainted with the controls can get more than 20 ARMS per 200 coin session for what i' ve seen.

This is a competitive fighting game so a certain degree of patience and dedication is expected from the player.

bonesquad

Will never understand the desperation to unlock the amrs, in this case it seems more a fault on the player's side than the game. The idea is to take some time experiementing with a set of arms and character combination, the user get coins from every activity he does in the game.

A user that is accuainted with the controls can get more than 20 ARMS per 200 coin session for what i' ve seen.

This is a competitive fighting game so a certain degree of patience and dedication is expected from the player.

Because the game is already low on content. The customization of arms originally seemed to be the way to increase different ways of play. I'm sure if you're good at Arms you can rack up the coins, but I get them slowly and get maybe 10-12 arms at a time. My fault? I guess, but the game might be more fun if I had more ways to play.

I'd feel better if I could just buy the arms I wanted to try with a character (or upgrade...). But instead not only is it random, but I have to play a dumb mini game for a chance at that random unlock. Fucking stupid.

I do like Arms but I hate the forced, slow ass progression system which seems completely unnecessary.

JavyOO7

I recommend getting good with one character and do the 30 points arm getter. Usually its one ARM for you and the other for another fighter in the game. I think it takes 1500 points to get an ARM '+' for all ARMS for one character.

LaNaranja

Finally took a break from Mario + Rabbids to check out the update. This game is still absolutely amazing. Lola is a lot of fun and I really like the Nunchucks. I want them for my Mechanica but alas no luck so far. :(

I was doing pretty good in party mode though. I got all the way down to 50% health before I lost in this four way match.

DJ_G4A8VAAE85tP.jpg

Another tidbit of lore has appeared:

DKIr8tgVYAAKZ88

Biff said:
ARMS History 5: The original ARMS Organization gave the ability-based fighting sport the name 'ARMS'. At the same time, in order to professionalize, the organization changed its name and separated into two distinct sub-organizations. There is the ARMS League, which manages things like tournaments and fighter development, as well as the ARMS Lab, which carries out fundamental ability research and product development.

bonesquad

I recommend getting good with one character and do the 30 points arm getter. Usually its one ARM for you and the other for another fighter in the game. I think it takes 1500 points to get an ARM '+' for all ARMS for one character.

Heh. I tried the 30 points level. Got 1 arm. Both times. I said I sucked:) I used Barq and Byte and missed one target on my first swing, and that was that. Plus I've only gotten like 1500 points total up until now, and that's for one character??? At this rate I'll unlock them all right before Arms 3 comes out:(
(Well, it'snot like I'm bothering to actually try.)

Is there some character who's better at arms getter?

Heh. I tried the 30 points level. Got 1 arm. Both times. I said I sucked:) I used Barq and Byte and missed one target on my first swing, and that was that. Plus I've only gotten like 1500 points total up until now, and that's for one character??? At this rate I'll unlock them all right before Arms 3 comes out:(
(Well, it'snot like I'm bothering to actually try.)

Is there some character who's better at arms getter?

Maybe Byte and Barq? Barq does occasionally hit a target or two on his own.

Otherwise, everybody's pretty identical when it comes to Getter.

R0ckman

Did they nerf the AI? I used to completely rage on even level 4 hedloke but now I can sometimes perfect him. Like the only option originally was me playing really defensively vs him, which I hated because it relied to much on fast reaction, but now I can be a bit more aggressive when there is an opening. I honestly find springman harder than hedloke now.

bonesquad

Maybe Byte and Barq? Barq does occasionally hit a target or two on his own.

Otherwise, everybody's pretty identical when it comes to Getter.

Barq doesn't show up in the Arms getter if I am remembering right.

Yeah, Barq wasn't there to save me. I think I misread an earlier post recommending getting good with one character. That probably refers to playing the main game with one character that you focus on getting extra arms for.

I tried playing as Lola Pop. I like the way she moves, but I can't get the hang of her arms. I need to unlock a few:)

Yeah, Barq wasn't there to save me. I think I misread an earlier post recommending getting good with one character. That probably refers to playing the main game with one character that you focus on getting extra arms for.

I tried playing as Lola Pop. I like the way she moves, but I can't get the hang of her arms. I need to unlock a few:)

My apologies for the bad information! I could've sworn Barq showed up in the Getter...

It's definitely not a bad idea to learn the ins and outs of one character and tailor your ARM Selection according to your desired playstyle! That said, I personally have taken the time to learn the rudimentary basics of each fighter barring Ribbon Girl, who I simply cannot get the hang of.

Lola's default ARMS are pretty odd to get used to, so I see where you're coming from!

Roo

I haven't played since pre Max Brass. Are the recent tunings substantial? Is playing with Twintelle still viable.
Updates have improved the user experience a lot imo. Button mapping alone is by far the biggest improvement they could add to this game.

And I'd say Twintelle is still one of the best characters to use online. She's my main and I do fine with her most of my matches.

TrueBlue

Just played through all the way of a level 6 grand prix while searching for a ranked game with no takers. Jesus this game is dead online. Such as shame

That is a shame. Admittedly I haven't played since Brass released.

Still, I don't think Nintendo will be too upset. For a new fighting gane IP, it seems to have done pretty well.

I finally did my first ranked matches! I won two and then lost the third. Somehow that got me to level 3. I can already tell I won't be able to progress very far with my style of playing. It's still really fun though! Interesting how people adapt to your play style after the first match.

This is my favourite game of the generation so far. I didn't even know I wanted a game like this until it was here.

If anyone would like some tips and tricks, feel free to arrange a few fights with me and I'll do my best to provide advice.

By the way there's an update today.

cloudyboy

Neo Member
don't know how, but I got a weird sound glitch where everything sounded much more low pitch than usual, such as bit and bark sounding like a killer robot, master mommy a lion and twintelle a seal... wanted to play with that glitch more but the update pushed me out.

Anyway, interesting to have a standalone new stage, so far all new stages where associated with a character.

Top Bottom