• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIII| New Delayed Generation - Controversial Inputs

That's actually smart of them. Keeps people playing the game and modes longer and helps solve the FM issue. If you play ranked matches you deserve more, and it's a good way to handle it.

Hopefully that means more content is on the way.

Bob White

So we gotta still gotta deal with positive on block CC buttons, stupid priority system, insane damage, 2 mix ups into death, and hard to react to dashes for another 6 months?

Like, that's it? They think the state the game is in is fine?

MrCarter

Vesper laughing while he details the premium targets is the correct reaction. Each month earns you enough FM to buy not stages and not characters. And they're obnoxiously lengthy to complete.

When Vesper starts chortling at anything (which is practically everything) I immediately skip the next 10 seconds.

Vesper laughing while he details the premium targets is the correct reaction. Each month earns you enough FM to buy not stages and not characters. And they're obnoxiously lengthy to complete.

Most of the goals seem doable based on how much I played the game in previous months this year (according to V-league.pro), with the exception of the 50 CA KOs. But I am working on ways to confirm into CAs, so that might even become doable. So all I have to do is keep playing the game regularly, which I intend to do anyway, and I'll get a some extra FM each month.

That said, most of those FM are locked behind ranked matches, which I understand that not everyone wants to engage with. And if you don't play the game regularly, then they are pretty useless too.

Blueblur1

So in response to today's Spain stage reveal Bornfree replied to me with this on Twitter:

My guess - I expect Sagat, his stage and a nostalgic SSF2 arcade mode to be released this year. 8 chars, 4 bosses, secret Akuma. ��

I doubt that its likely that'll happen but its a neat idea.

MCD250

They should make Akuma the final boss of arcade mode and have Sagat show up as a secret boss and tiger uppercut Akuma from behind.

Lulubop

So in response to today's Spain stage reveal Bornfree replied to me with this on Twitter:

I doubt that its likely that'll happen but its a neat idea.

It's a great idea, I mean if you're gonna stick Arcade mode in this now why not just do this? Sagat as a goodwill extra DLC char is a smart move too

Capcom won't do any of this of course

Shadoken

Reasonable expectation. But i doubt Sagat will be a bonux DLC char this season.

I think they will add Sagat and that Arcade mode to SFV in december.

Gotta say I'm only partially on board with the sudden distaste for crush counters that are positive on block. Only Balrog and Urien's crush counters really got to me.
So we gotta still gotta deal with positive on block CC buttons, stupid priority system, insane damage, 2 mix ups into death, and hard to react to dashes for another 6 months?

Like, that's it? They think the state the game is in is fine?
Gonna have to enjoy it while it lasts then. The day Alex loses his f.HP advantage on block is the day he is officially done as a character in SFV. He is literally made by that single command normal lol. Not like Karin. She is well rounded enough to survive without st.HK.

Lulubop

Ummm
Akuma had PSX
Kolin had Lupe launch part
Ed had an open beta with tons of people trying him out

I mean how many tournaments have we had where people expecting a character trailer to drop? They probably shouldn't have expected it but it's still a good idea.

There was a premier event around the time Ed should have been shown.

The next character should be shown in a few weeks since he should be out in June. Ed was tied up due to be linked to the CFN update. I'm guessin they'll drop a trailer during e3.

MrCarter

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=238083939&postcount=5759

This is a really great idea to hype a new character, bring attention to event and maybe even new viewers? who would have thought?

SFV had Ibuki reveal at Combo Breaker last year. Go to 2:15. Also Balrog at CEO.

https://youtu.be/tsPoDS5MxWE

I think with the new cast it's more weird to do these "hype" reveals at events as the nostalgia is not there, so I assume they will be back to doing them with classic characters from season 3.

Shadoken

I mean how many tournaments have we had where people expecting a character trailer to drop? They probably shouldn't have expected it but it's still a good idea.

There was a premier event around the time Ed should have been shown.

The next character should be shown in a few weeks since he should be out in June. Ed was tied up due to be linked to the CFN update. I'm guessin they'll drop a trailer during e3.

I think apart from the first few characters like Alex,Guile? Everyone else had a reveal at some event or the other right?

I dont know if Juri and Urien count since they technically got teased at CEO. And got a free preview via the story mode.

MCD250

Ring of Destiny now has Eleague's logo on the floor and on the screens in the background.

Gotta say I'm somewhat surprised given that it's not even part of the CPT.

Huh? Oh, you want to play? I'm typically up for sets; you can invite me whenever. CFN is FluxWaveZ.

Awesome I'll start it up and invite you. I'm AdversaryOne.

Is a 10 set cool? I'm sure you'll make it quick.

Yeah I forget that trash talk doesn't really come across here like it does with friends in person.

Edit: Jesus Christ, you're Master rank?

MCD250

Awesome I'll start it up and invite you. I'm AdversaryOne.

Is a 10 set cool? I'm sure you'll make it quick.

Yeah I forget that trash talk doesn't really come across here like it does with friends in person.

Edit: Jesus Christ, you're Master rank?
giphy.gif

Huh? Oh, you want to play? I'm typically up for sets; you can invite me whenever. CFN is FluxWaveZ.

Thanks for the games, man. I know it's a waste of time for you but I'd like to play you more often. Every once in a while, if that's cool.

Also, what could I have done to beat you? That rush down was ridiculous.

FluxWaveZ

No problem, I'm just dense when it comes to those kinds of comments, even in real life.

Thanks for the games, man. I know it's a waste of time for you but I'd like to play you more often. Every once in a while, if that's cool.

Also, what could I have done to beat you? That rush down was ridiculous.

GGs. I guess the first thing that comes to mind is to be more scared of Mika's command grabs. I was being both way more reckless and way more respectful in our set than I normally am, and part of this comes from the fact that you never gave me a reason to be scared of performing command grabs. I think the rate at which I landed them might have been 100%, which is not normal. Mika's a grappler, so you have to keep that in mind at all times when she's at a point where she can grab you. Usually, you'd try to avoid another command grab if I performed two in a row, so I meatied instead. It made for a very predictable pattern.

Also, don't use Nash's V-Trigger as a reversal option. It might work in Gold leagues, but players who know what they're doing will be executing meaties on Nash reliably. It's a waste of V-Trigger and health when you get stuffed out of it like that so consistently.

pHand

Amazing Race was hilarious. After 10 rounds the pro had to play with one arm behind their back, and then after 20 the pro had to play blindfolded. I believe after 30 it was one arm behind their back AND blindfolded. One of the racers was there for I believe 39 rounds because she kept losing to fireball spam. I'm sure after 40 rounds the pro had to play with F.A.N.G.

And I was totally right about Chun-Li being queen of the gays. The first thing the gay dude asked was, "Where's Chun-Li?" It turns out he used to play SFII on SNES and always used to pick Chun. Still took him 20+ tries, but I was impressed he was able to pull off an SBK, lol.

mbpm1

Amazing Race was hilarious. After 10 rounds the pro had to play with one arm behind their back, and then after 20 the pro had to play blindfolded. I believe after 30 it was one arm behind their back AND blindfolded. One of the racers was there for I believe 39 rounds because she kept losing to fireball spam. I'm sure after 40 rounds the pro had to play with F.A.N.G.

And I was totally right about Chun-Li being queen of the gays. The first thing the gay dude asked was, "Where's Chun-Li?" It turns out he used to play SFII on SNES and always used to pick Chun. Still took him 20+ tries, but I was impressed he was able to pull off an SBK, lol.
hope it shows up somewhere

MCD250

24 hour maintenance, goddamn. They must be replacing the entire damn game with a new one or something.

I didn't realize they were straight giving away 50,000 Bipson bucks though, that's pretty nice. That'll get me the last few colors I need and I'll probably buy Vega's stage with cash.

I hope Capcom replaced the background music of the Thailand stage with 99 Luftballoons.

Lulubop

I need to see this. How much screen time did poonkgo and infil get?

No problem, I'm just dense when it comes to those kinds of comments, even in real life.

GGs. I guess the first thing that comes to mind is to be more scared of Mika's command grabs. I was being both way more reckless and way more respectful in our set than I normally am, and part of this comes from the fact that you never gave me a reason to be scared of performing command grabs. I think the rate at which I landed them might have been 100%, which is not normal. Mika's a grappler, so you have to keep that in mind at all times when she's at a point where she can grab you. Usually, you'd try to avoid another command grab if I performed two in a row, so I meatied instead. It made for a very predictable pattern.

Also, don't use Nash's V-Trigger as a reversal option. It might work in Gold leagues, but players who know what they're doing will be executing meaties on Nash reliably. It's a waste of V-Trigger and health when you get stuffed out of it like that so consistently.
Yeah I could tell you were starting to play a lot looser than out first game. I could never tell when you were going to grab and was caught off guard every time. The rush down made things move way faster than I'm used to dealing with and the frame trap jabs to keep me close, I've never encountered with Mika. Not that effective anyway.

Your meaties were as if I was playing a robot. Nobody I have ever played has meaties that perfect. I kept reversing because I expected you to miss at least a few times. I usually don't Trigger that much on wakeup. That was a lot of stress though, man.

I'm gonna review the tapes, train up and body you next time! FREE! ;p

Top Bottom