• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season |OT2| My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy Draft

Milchjon

Not sure if serious.

The ball is placed between the hashmarks depending on where the play ends. If it's between the hashmark and the sideline, it's placed right at the hashmark. If it's between the two, its placed at the same spot.

Alas, I'm serious. Thanks ;-)

Ænima

His wife divorced him apparently in part because it was a 10 year affair. She's 27 right now. He is 74. Just saying.
I wasn't really aware of the details, I just found out about it by reading the last page. Sounds like he failed the "above legal age" part of my equation.

Milchjon

Ænima;36793103 said:
I wasn't really aware of the details, I just found out about it by reading the last page. Sounds like he failed the "above legal age" part of my equation.

Legal in many states!

Oh Freeman, Mandela/God/President Beck shouldn't be so human.

Fox318

What the hell man. No way.

Sanchez for Long sounds fair though.

aL4Fv.gif

Milchjon

Is there an age limit in Germany?

Age of consent is 14, with some limitations though. Can't exploit your position of power, if that's the right way to put it. I never really got it, for instance some weeks ago a forty-something year old teacher was acquitted of seducing a 14 year old student because he was only a substitute teacher.

bionic77

I demand more Tebow talk. It's what the people want.
I like you.

Other being a Tebow fan, who unites all of us, which team are you a fan of? Don't say Patriots. We banned them for obvious reasons.

And the Martin books have become crap. Martin is just making up shit. It was best when it was more focused on a few families. Now it is just the graphic version of Wheel of Time.

I'm already kinda bummed out about the draft, heh. It's like we cant even fucking lose right. I wanted Luck but never thought we were the absoplute worst team in the league so I gave up on that thought pretty quickly in the season. So then I graduated to the RG3 hype train. Even with Luck was out of sight, I still had something to get pretty excited about. Now thats gone (add Rams and Skins to the list of teams I fucking hate) and I'm just not feeling Blackmon/Richardson/Claiborne at allllllllllll.

Someone tell me why I should be excited about one of these players and in what way they are going to make the Browns significantly better because we're likely to end up with one of the 3 and I'm very zzz zzz zzz about all 3 of them.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
I'm already kinda bummed out about the draft, heh. It's like we cant even fucking lose right. I wanted Luck but never thought we were the absoplute worst team in the league so I gave up on that thought pretty quickly in the season. So then I graduated to the RG3 hype train. Even with Luck was out of sight, I still had something to get pretty excited about. Now thats gone (add Rams and Skins to the list of teams I fucking hate) and I'm just not feeling Blackmon/Richardson/Claiborne at allllllllllll.

Someone tell me why I should be excited about one of these players and in what way they are going to make the Browns significantly better because we're likely to end up with one of the 3 and I'm very zzz zzz zzz about all 3 of them.

Richardson top 5 pick makes no sense. At all.

Running backs are almost never ever worth that kind of pick. He's not even a true monster talent at the position either. I really don't get it but some team is going to do it. If you're drafting in the top 5 you have some other actual pressing needs to address.

LJ11

Running backs are almost never ever worth that kind of pick. He's not even a true monster talent at the position either. I really don't get it but some team is going to do it. If you're drafting in the top 5 you have some other actual pressing needs to address.

Some people think Richardson is the best player in the draft, respected ones at that.

Are backs like F.Jackson, Foster, Forte, Rice not first round talents, are they not premier players that will handle the ball 30 times a game (run/pass) and contribute about 75 to 100 plays in pass pro? They were drafted later or undrafted, chalk it up to evaluation and late development, whatever the fuck, these guys are valuable players.

Keep the myth going, running backs aren't worth shit, blah blah blah. The position has evovled and so are the needed skills. Run, catch, pass pro, not just grind it out on the ground. An all purpose back is worth plenty in this league especially with the proliferation of four wide and single back sets.

Everyone is too good for the Browns, team is fine as it is, fuck adding talent, trade down perpetually. Trade out of the league.

Bowser

Some people think Richardson is the best player in the draft, respected ones at that.

Are backs like F.Jackson, Foster, Forte, Rice not first round talents, are they not premier players that will handle the ball 30 times a game (run/pass) and contribute about 75 to 100 plays in pass pro? They were drafted later or undrafted, chalk it up to evaluation and late development, whatever the fuck, these guys are valuable players.

Keep the myth going, running backs aren't worth shit, blah blah blah. The position has evovled and so are the needed skills. Run, catch, pass pro, not just grind it out on the ground. An all purpose back is worth plenty in this league especially with the proliferation of four wide and single back sets.

Everyone is too good for the Browns, team is fine as it is, fuck adding talent, trade down perpetually. Trade out of the league.

DrcGq.gif

Yeah, I totally agree that you normally dont draft a RB that high but there are also concerns about most of these other guys or they arent really a good fit for us.

Kalil wouldnt be our pick at 4. We already have a great LT and you can get a decent RT way later.

Blackmon is overrated to me. He's not a Calvin Johnson type of guy to me. As bad as we need WRs he's not worth a 4 to me. I dont think the dropoff is that big compared to a guy we could get at #22 or #37 in the 2nd.

I disagree that Richardson isnt a monster talent, I think he can be a top 5 guy in this league but regardless I dont think ANY RB is worth a #4 pick. This is becoming a pass happy league now.

I think we probably need a QB but too fucking bad Luck and RG3 are gone. Giving McCoy some help and a true offseason should help him out some. I'm not taking Tannehill at 4, no way. I'd rather see what Colt can do with some help and if he continues to suck, then fuck it we can try for a QB next year. It's not like we're going to a Superbowl this year anyway.

Claiborne? We already have a pretty good corner in Haden. Some part of me says fuck it, lets get real good at at least something and in this pass happy NFL, we can possibly have two pro bowl caliber corners soon. Fuck it. Maybe we should just do that but god damn this offense was so boring to watch last year and we've actually somehow downgraded from last year up to this point by losing Hillis. We need help so bad on offense. I just wish I felt better about Blackmon or there was a possibility of getting RG3.

Talon

Yet again, your Jest-nature comes through.

Man's a beast. Best since AP came out.

LJ11 said:
The position has evolved and so are the needed skills. Run, catch, pass pro, not just grind it out on the ground. An all purpose back is worth plenty in this league especially with the proliferation of four wide and single back sets.
Doug Martin. One of the only RB's next to Richardson I wouldn't be displeased with taking at #32.

LJ11

Browns will get a good player, stop worrying about it, you'll be fine. The idea of value that these draft gurus have instilled in fans needs to die a quick fucking death. How about drafting a good player, that's all. Not, well he's good but the value isn't good at that slot and they should've traded down for a box of chicken nuggets. Get rid of that myth. You need good players, the question is about drafting good ones, not drafting the best value, whatever that means to begin with.

snesfreak

Banned
I really need a real camera, and a card reader for my desktop.
Took some pictures of my Xenoblade collection (minus the Nintendo.com copy, which I'm still waiting for), had to use the 3DS :jnc

I wouldnt mind the Vikings snagging Harrison Smith with the 35th overal pick.

I've been banking on Jeffrey out of Carolina but after watching some video of Harrison I am pretty impressed. He could be an infusion of life in our backfield.

Browns will get a good player, stop worrying about it, you'll be fine. The idea of value that these draft gurus have instilled in fans needs to die a quick fucking death. How about drafting a good player, that's all. Not, well he's good but the value isn't good at that slot and they should've traded down for a box of chicken nuggets. Get rid of that myth. You need good players, the question is about drafting good ones, not drafting the best value, whatever that means to begin with.

What it means is:

Do you take Blackmon at 4 when he really doesnt even project to be a top 5 WR in this league or can you take a different WR at #22 or #37 who is right around the same talent level? Maybe a slight notch below. You can take your WR at 22 and use that 4 pick for something that will truly impact your team in a big way. The problem is I dont see any of these guys (Blackmon, Claiborne, Richardson) as being a game changer.

I think Richardson will be great but...being a great RB in this league doesnt always translate to your team getting much better. See: Stephen Jackson, MJD, AP, etc . I guess it'd make us more exciting to watch on Sundays but will it really help us in the win column?

We NEEDED a QB and as bad as we were last year apparantly we werent quite bad enough.

What it means is:

Do you take Blackmon at 4 when he really doesnt even project to be a top 5 WR in this league or can you take a different WR at #22 or #37 who is right around the same talent level? Maybe a slight notch below. You can take your WR at 22 and use that 4 pick for something that will truly impact your team in a big way. The problem is I dont see any of these guys (Blackmon, Claiborne, Richardson) as being a game changer.

I think Richardson will be great but...being a great RB in this league doesnt always translate to your team getting much better. See: Stephen Jackson, MJD, AP, etc . I guess it'd make us more exciting to watch on Sundays but will it really help us in the win column?

We NEEDED a QB and as bad as we were last year apparantly we werent quite bad enough.

There's no one player the Browns can get that will change their fortunes.

You need a few solid years of good drafts. No way around it.

Absolutely. And I think we've done a better job of that with Heckert. But would you want to draft Blackmon at #4? When you have a #4 pick you need to hit a homerun. All I see are ground rule doubles with these guys. I felt like RG3 or Luck would have been our home run hitters. Thats why I asked in the first place, someone please tell me something about Blackmon, Claiborne or Richardson that is going to make me feel better.

With the arrival of Heckart and Holmgren we've had two solid drafts, and with this draft we'll be able to add sone major talent. People might not wanna believe it but the browns are on the rise, and despite colt still being our Qb I think we can have a pretty solid year and surprise a lot of people

Absolutely. And I think we've done a better job of that with Heckert. But would you want to draft Blackmon at #4? When you have a #4 pick you need to hit a homerun. All I see are ground rule doubles with these guys. I felt like RG3 or Luck would have been our home run hitters. Thats why I asked in the first place, someone please tell me something about Blackmon, Claiborne or Richardson that is going to make me feel better.

Idk, I'm clearly no draft expert (as if anyone is). But I think Blackmon is going to be a stellar receiver in the NFL. He doesn't look as flashy as an AJ Green or Julio Jones, but I think he has a complete game and the proverbial "it" factor. Not to mention Cleveland needs any offensive weapon they can get. I think it would be great for the Browns if they snagged Blackmon at 4 and took Fleener (the TE and my steal of the draft no matter where he goes!) with their 2nd pick. That would give them an enormous upgrade at offense.

Mind you, I have no idea about any other needs for Cleveland, such as O-line, D-line or LBs.

Idk, I'm clearly no draft expert (as if anyone is). But I think Blackmon is going to be a stellar receiver in the NFL. He doesn't look as flashy as an AJ Green or Julio Jones, but I think he has a complete game and the proverbial "it" factor. Not to mention Cleveland needs any offensive weapon they can get. I think it would be great for the Browns if they snagged Blackmon at 4 and took Fleener (the TE and my steal of the draft no matter where he goes!) with their 2nd pick. That would give them an enormous upgrade at offense.

Mind you, I have no idea about any other needs for Cleveland, such as O-line, D-line or LBs.
Exactly, and we have many more needs but with 13 picks we'll be able to find some players. I'm expecting possibly even some trade ups in later rounds

Junie12

Every year it seems that every team in the top 10 wants to trade down and yet only a few do it, I wonder if it's all bull or if they just can't get a deal done. I know I want my phins to trade down and grab Fleener but the chances of that happening are slim :(

Top Bottom