• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball FighterZ - Characters, Specials, and Stages Discussion

cordy

Banned
Let's be honest.

The reason 17 isn't completely unique is because he was never the Android they wanted to give shine to in this game. He's not as popular, loved and important as 18 and his only defining thing in Z has been his fight with Piccolo. 16 on the other hand was stronger in Z, he looked far different from the others, he was actually around in the Cell Games and he had an important part of Gohan's transformation. Those 2 go above 17.

The fact 17 was even in this game is honestly a bone thrown towards his character because he straight up didn't do anything worthy of it.

I'm definitely gonna have Vegeta on my team. He was my favorite character in the E3 build and that assist is great. Wondering if you can make people block it and go for Piccolo's command grab kinda like Raven and his fireball in Xrd.

I don't have a set team, gonna try every character out and then decide, but Ultimate Gohan and Arale would def be the first I try out if they were in the game. (Ultimate Gohan is probably 100% in).

rmanthorp

Ha. Saw someone on Twitter say what if Ultimate Gohan is an assist for Videl and now I can't get over that... Would be a bad look if all the woman are part of duos but man it would make sense for getting adult Gohan in there.

Balfour

Ha. Saw someone on Twitter say what if Ultimate Gohan is an assist for Videl and now I can't get over that... Would be a bad look if all the woman are part of duos but man it would make sense for getting adult Gohan in there.

Pretty sure 17 and 18 are only that way because they are supposed to be known as a duo, even when they only fought together in Trunk's timeline

and Ultimate Gohan will be his own character

Marvel

could never
Gamersyde's uncompressed version is available to download.

insta_by_mcmemie-dbkxp5c.gif

insta_by_mcmemie-dbkxpdb.gif
Simply beautiful.

Oh my word I have never been so excited for a fighter.

mas8705

That "/w 17" part just kills me. Like I said many times throughout the thread, I was never that big of a fan since he never got to do much in comparison to 18. That said, it was thanks to our resident 17 poster that I've come to respect the character and even wanted to legit see him playable.

Now, I'm just trying to figure out one other thing: When we saw Krillin and 18 team up for an attack, was that a new mechanic where two characters can team up? Or could it be that 18 actually can pick between Krillin or 17 as a partner character (all be it if Krillin isn't already on the team)? Probably overthinking it here, but yeah... I admit that actually bummed me out a touch although I hope that it does make 18 stand out considerably.

One other thing to mention really fast. I made a joke about one thing when this trailer was posted and I got swarmed on it when I posted it on Max's youtube page. Mainly the idea of Preorder early unlock "being bad." Honestly... I can see why people gave me hell over it since, "You can just unlock the characters if you aren't preordering the game!" My thing though is... why even tease it to begin with? It would be like if back in Smash Bros Brawl, Nintendo did a thing where they said "Preorder and get early unlock for Snake and Sonic!" Yeah, you can play the game and just unlock them as playable, but people would have lost their shit if they found out that not only were two highly anticipated characters weren't available at the start, but that they had to play for an "unknown amount of time" in order to get them. Obviously not the most perfect way to compare, but you get the idea. Shouldn't be that much of a deal to unlock the Blues, but for some, anything "preorder" is still a trigger for them (even if it is just getting something a bit sooner).

All I know is that if I get into the beta I'll try to make the best out of Freeza that I can.

Interested in Buu and 16, so I'll throw the three in a team and see if they work. Really hope there's a training mode in the beta.

Videl can't hang in this game, having saiyaman helping her is pretty valid. She would be zoned out since she can only throw a fireball at best so Gohan (saiyaman) would be perfect. The 18&17 dynamic I can see why they did it but let's not get it twisted it's not like she needs no.17

mas8705

just going through the twitter posts right now, and I have to admit that I'm honestly considering making 16 one of the three characters on my team. The hell flash was beautiful to watch, and he even does have his self-destruct ability on him too (which from what I could tell was indeed an instant kill on the opponent while he was still standing with just a sliver of health.

Honestly I would have thought that would have just been an instant kill on both characters, but perhaps I didn't see that correctly...

Nezzhil

This game looks better and better with each trailer.

I always have fun with the puppet/double fighters, so I'm confident that A18 will be in my team together with Lord Freeza :D

Now, I'm just trying to figure out one other thing: When we saw Krillin and 18 team up for an attack, was that a new mechanic where two characters can team up? Or could it be that 18 actually can pick between Krillin or 17 as a partner character (all be it if Krillin isn't already on the team)? Probably overthinking it here, but yeah... I admit that actually bummed me out a touch although I hope that it does make 18 stand out considerably.

Apparently it's just during her level 3 super. Normally she does accel dance with 17, but if Krillin is on her team and alive she does a team up attack with him instead.

https://twitter.com/ATG213/status/899942233830551552
https://twitter.com/ATG213/status/899941720695222278

kewlmyc

Are the Androids even confirmed for the beta? I thought it was just 9 fighters (the initial 6 + Trunks, Krillin, and Piccolo).

Also dream team for this game for me is Beerus/Kid Goku/Piccolo. 1/3rd the way there.

Are the Androids even confirmed for the beta? I thought it was just 9 fighters (the initial 6 + Trunks, Krillin, and Piccolo).

Also dream team for this game for me is Beerus/Kid Goku/Piccolo. 1/3rd the way there.

Ehh wasting a slot on kid Goku.. I mean yeah having play with his magic stick but nah.. Beerus is in for sure.
giphy.gif

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Kid Goku:
Staff
Counter/Dodge move with his tail
Cloud
Giant Monkey Super
Toooons of move references

No brainer for me

I just want some DB representation dammit.

Roshi in his prime would also suffice, though I prefer Kid Goku.

See this poster gets it.

gameplay wise kid Goku is fine, it's just I don't want another Goku since we already got SSB slots. I'm a little perplexed that they didn't give Vegeta/ Goku the SSB transformation as a Level 7 super.. I mean freeza does the same. That way you can add kid Goku and the roster feels fresh.

All the transformations should cost super bars, with SSJ3 having a short timer (even if it's just for aesthetics)

Top Bottom