• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT19| - You Still Can't Say Tanned

Status
Not open for further replies.
Y'all keep listening to them fake conscious dudes like Polight and see what happens.

I swear these fauxteps fall for the okie doke every fuckin time.

Faustek

No, ok.
yes, "Becky" can wear whatever but I'm going to assume this has a story behind it that I'm not familiar with so I'm gonna be general and say no. Because Becky has no idea. It's just wear and tear to her. Does she even know what's what? Or is this a purchase at the gap? Did she find it at some old Urban Outfitters and decided she wanted to have a taste? Becky can go fuck herself. And so can that idiot polight. Reverse trolling? Kiss my big black ass.

Screw it, I'm gonna go hit some balls, hard.

D i Z

About to brave this heat.

03_book_of_eli_bluray.jpg

Putting all beverages on ice before I get back.

That kotaku persona article has me heated
tumblr_nkza82vG2T1rs5gxyo1_500.gif

At least I can rest easy knowing it's a U.K. post. People across the pond can have all the bad taste they want

Johndoey

Banned
Good Afternoon.
--
Persona 5 left me with this hollow feeling, especially after all the praise heaped on the characters and dungeons. It wasn't even bad, just deeply uninteresting.
--
Prey is probably my second favorite game of the year, it's something special.

Good Afternoon.
--
Persona 5 left me with this hollow feeling, especially after all the praise heaped on the characters and dungeons. It wasn't even bad, just deeply uninteresting.
--
Prey is probably my second favorite game of the year, it's something special.
Praises prey, bashes persona...
tenor.gif

It's ok to have different opinions

Johndoey

Banned

Yeah, the opening dungeon and everything surrounding it is fantastic, and feels real in an almost unsettling way. Great first four hours. The game has a habit of setting up interesting concepts or dilemmas, then either doing jack shit with them or resolving them in really easy ways.

Been waiting for it to go on sale before I cop. What version did you play? I thought I heard some problems with the PS4 version

Playing on the Xbox One and PC. PC is your best bet if you have a decent set-up. COmbat can be iffy, but exploring the station is great, the Zero-G is a joy, and there are some fantastic bits of character writing.

Zekes!

Yeah, the opening dungeon and everything surrounding it is fantastic, and feels real in an almost unsettling way. Great first four hours. The game has a habit of setting up interesting concepts or dilemmas, then either doing jack shit with them or resolving them in really easy ways.

Playing on the Xbox One and PC. PC is your best bet if you have a decent set-up. COmbat can be iffy, but exploring the station is great, the Zero-G is a joy, and there are some fantastic bits of character writing.

Nah, no PC option for me. Looking forward to playing it eventually though. That and Dishonoured 2

What were they thinking with the teacher/student romance?

I romanced the teacher in my P5 game, not even gonna lie

LotusHD

Banned
That kotaku persona article has me heated
tumblr_nkza82vG2T1rs5gxyo1_500.gif

At least I can rest easy knowing it's a U.K. post. People across the pond can have all the bad taste they want

Title could be better, but like... He not wrong tho

Good Afternoon.
--

Pretty much how I felt.

That's what gets me. That I can criticize P5 for a bunch of things without having to delve into the few things that I felt they really fucked up on, like being allowed to date your teacher (and several other adults) or how they just spit on all the goodwill the first arc through how they treat Ann after it. Now that I think about it, the game really does just say fuck that first arc after you're done with it lol

And let's not forget those gay stereotypes that appeared...

They wanted to have their cake and eat it too.

Johndoey

Banned

It's not even as sketchy as the romance with the doctor. This was shown in trailers, but I'll spoiler it anyway
She performs unregulated trials on you in exchange for selling you drugs on the sly
at no point is it ever mentioned how disturbing an arrangement like that is.

Sup folks

I got back from seeing War Of The Planet Of The Apes about 90 minutes ago.

My opinion is.
zXHfQ82.gif

Easy contender for film of the year.

You guys and girls need to see this over the weekend, if you can..

Damn almost too many movies I want to see..

Between this, Dunkirk, and a few others I'm going to have to stick to Tuesday discount days from here on out.

It's not even as sketchy as the romance with the doctor. This was shown in trailers, but I'll spoiler it anyway
She performs unregulated trials on you in exchange for selling you drugs on the sly

You fucking sold me on this game! Are you for real? That's some crazy ass shit. I got to play this. Oh my Godddd!

Wow, that is worse than the teacher romance sidequest.

Slayven

Thank you

Zaverious

Not really related but reading about the romance options in Persona 5 reminded me how you could romance a child in Dragon's Dogma. Capcom didn't think that through.

It's not nearly as exciting as it seems lol

Don't try and trick me. That shit got to be splendor. I only got to play a few hours of Persona 3 before my PS Deuce died on me, but that shit was good as fuck for the little I played so I got to get on 4 which is probably better and they've been cooking on 5 for a while and the reviews have been phenomenal. They don't get that shit for no reason, so it must be Lit, Lit!

Imm0rt4l

I got back from seeing War Of The Planet Of The Apes about 90 minutes ago.

My opinion is.
zXHfQ82.gif

Easy contender for film of the year.

You guys and girls need to see this over the weekend, if you can.

Having seen the movie he fucking Deserves one.
Yeah, it's great. Though I think I'd rank Dawn higher.

LotusHD

Banned
Don't try and trick me. That shit got to be splendor. I only got to play a few hours of Persona 3 before my PS Deuce died on me, but that shit was good as fuck for the little I played so I got to get on 4 which is probably better and they've been cooking on 5 for a while and the reviews have been phenomenal. They don't get that shit for no reason, so it must be Lit, Lit!

Oh the game itself, I dunno how you'll feel about it. I was referring to the spoiler in particular, it's shady, sure, but actually not nearly as interesting as he made it sound lol

Zaverious

I liked the doctor's confidant. I didn't really think about how bad the situation is. Even romanced her at the end since I liked her design a lot. Was gonna go through a second playthrough and romance all of the females at the same time then I was like this is gonna be quite the slog the first 3-4 dungeons so nah.

LotusHD

Banned
I liked the doctor's confidant. I didn't really think about how bad the situation is. Even romanced her at the end since I liked her design a lot. Was gonna go through a second playthrough and romance all of the females at the same time then I was like this is gonna be quite the slog the first 3-4 dungeons so nah.

I liked her and Becky, just didn't think we should have been allowed to date them lol

That said, the romance is this game is so lacking to the point where I'm genuinely baffled that they made to make a separate thread for it.

akira28

#CanBeckyWearAfricanAttire

Not like this.

lmao, you can look in his eyes and literally see the higher functions are not operating, and all processing power is going elsewhere.

that's not even african attire. homegirl made a miniskirt out of some exotic print walking around with a u-mad? face

bex, take a break.

Johndoey

Banned
Nah she's a cool character, but it's sketch as hell. I don't necessarily have an issue with her being a romance option, but a little examination of the situation would've been good.

akira28

Isn't Persona the world like a wet tissue paper dimensional barrier above literal hell, and its a morally suspect borderline crapsack world for that very reason?

and heaven just wants to destroy everything and start over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom