• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter: World weapons gameplay from SDCC

Porcile

The graphics and animation is mostly great, but the lack of any reaction from the monster to some of those hits is a little jarring compared to how polished everything else is.

Mediking

Monster Hunter is definitely one of those fun on screen but boring in real life kinda games.

Maybe MHW can bring me back. I dunno.

ZangBa

Damn, this really looks like a new generation of Monster Hunter. I just hope there's a lot of monsters and gear.

Did the gunlance guy jump in the air and jam the Lance into the minters side, then fire off multiple shots until he flew off?!

Let me go rewatch this

Femto.

I remember thinking Monster Hunter was hype via videos and impressions. Bought it on Wii U. Nearly cried from how boring it was.

Tried it again on 3DS.

Almost drowned myself in boredom.

I don't know what MonHun World would do differently for you, assuming that it has a slow start like most MonHun games.

I remember thinking Monster Hunter was hype via videos and impressions. Bought it on Wii U. Nearly cried from how boring it was.

Tried it again on 3DS.

Almost drowned myself in boredom.

Funny seeing this from a Persona avatar. Hunting monsters is boring but dating sims are so exciting!

Anyway this looks incredible. Nice to see best weapon (Hunting Horn)

D

Deleted member 286591

Unconfirmed Member
Where's the dual blade love come ooooooon ! I can't wait to see how it looks in MHW.

DB is life.

My social life is going to take a huge hit.

Totally worth it
and you know it

Toxi

Banned
Where's the dual blade love come ooooooon ! I can't wait to see how it looks in MHW.

DB is life.
Oh come on, they're absent again? As a fellow DB fan, I feel like they're teasing us.

Also disappointing to see no new monster or area reveals.

Edit:
Furthermore, footage of all 14 weapons will be posted in the next few days.
Thank god.

Monster Hunter is definitely one of those fun on screen but boring in real life kinda games.

Maybe MHW can bring me back. I dunno.

Completely disagree. Moment to moment gameplay is incredibly exciting. Weapons provide incredibly different play styles, moves, etc.

I will say, the game starts off a bit slow as it builds you up to hunt the big monsters. And obviously there's lots of crafting and gathering you need to do while out on missions, which for whatever reason turns people off from what I've seen.

So hyped for World.

Mifec

Completely disagree. Moment to moment gameplay is incredibly exciting. Weapons provide incredibly different play styles, moves, etc.

I will say, the game starts off a bit slow as it builds you up to hunt the big monsters. And obviously there's lots of crafting and gathering you need to do while out on missions, which for whatever reason turns people off from what I've seen.

So hyped for World.

Because grinding mats is not fun.

D

Deleted member 286591

Unconfirmed Member
Oh come on, they're absent again? As a fellow DB fan, I feel like they're teasing us.

Also disappointing to see the same goddamn demo.

It's off-screen so, you know... But still, I've looked closely and didn't see any DB in there. DB player 'til the beginning as well, it's gonna be amazing in this new game.

EDIT : saw your edit awww shieeeeeet.

So hyped for World.
I doubt that'll be the case anymore look at the games of today gamers now are use to it. Crafting and picking up stuff constantly is like a must in a games dna

Ridley327

I doubt that'll be the case anymore look at the games of today gamers now are use to it. Crafting and picking up stuff constantly is like a must in a games dna

The road to crafting equipment in Monster Hunter has been a bit slower than how most games tend to handle it these days, and it doesn't seem like that they've mucked around with that too much. Not that I mind, since the road to getting equipment is always fun, but I can see that being a potential downfall for some.

Damn, absolutely incredible :)
Monster Hunter 4 on 3DS got me into the series and it instantly became one of my top 10 games ever. Played almost 400 hours.
One of the best and most satisfying gameplay in video games.

Cool, the switch axe. I loved that weapon in Tri.

Wow, really? It's the opposite for me, I find it boring to watch but fun to play.

The graphics and animation is mostly great, but the lack of any reaction from the monster to some of those hits is a little jarring compared to how polished everything else is.

Eh, it'd rather have that than what other games do, with four players hammering on the monster and it emoting "hurt" several times per second as if it was having a seizure while still going through its attack animations otherwise.

Verano

Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul
MOTHER OF GOD this looks so great! Argh I can't wait.

MOTHER OF GOD it looks fucking incredible.
mother-of-god-mem.png

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Damn that looks really good and I've been a lapsed MH fan for a while and this game looks to be fixing a ton of issues I've had with the series for a long time and building on all the stuff I really liked. I am getting more and more excited with every video and this may be one of the first MP heavy games I'll pick up in a long time.

Ridley327

It's funny: you can already do this kind of move in MH4 and MHG, but the extra animations they added to each step (climbing, jump attack and mounting) does make it look like it's never been done before. I think the decision to make monsters mountable without having to ground them first was a wise choice.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
It's funny: you can already do this kind of move in MH4 and MHG, but the extra animations they added to each step (climbing, jump attack and mounting) does make it look like it's never been done before. I think the decision to make monsters mountable without having to ground them first was a wise choice.

The wind up move where the guy is clinging to the monsters head was really cool as well and got a good reaction out of the audience as it should have.

Delio

You know im really tempted to try out a ranged weapon in this game. I never got into them in the older ones but here they seem good (prob because i was crap at aiming with them in the old games)

Top Bottom