• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter: World weapons gameplay from SDCC

Meesh

Dear sweet baby Jesus that's some futching fiiiiiiine MH right there... I believe the series has aged like fine booze. I'm assuming there's still online lobbies with the extra addition of calling for help mid hunt?

Man, this looks great. Hope the performance on the OG PS4 is reasonable. I also really hope they change one thing that I hated in MH4U. You could only finish an urgent quest online if you posted it yourself, not if you joined a lobby in which someone else posted the urgent you're on. So annoying.

Sayad

Feeling better for buying a switch for monhun feels good man

QfULX0T.jpg

D

Deleted member 286591

Unconfirmed Member
I really hope the game ins't gonna be too light on content (monster and items count). With the more streamlined features (insta item pick up which is great and other innovations) I'm afraid it'll make the game all the more faster overall in areas where it had much more downtime and ultimately make for a shorter experience overall.

Oh come on, they're absent again? As a fellow DB fan, I feel like they're teasing us.

Also disappointing to see no new monster or area reveals.

Edit:

Thank god.
It's there. They showed it at the E3 theater screening I was at. You're going to lose your shit.

Raide

Looking damn good. Need more bow action.

Hoping for Bow mounting that looks like the scene from Lord of the rings where legolas mounts that elephant and drops 3 arrows into its head.

Did you skip every single Monster Hunter game released on the 3DS? Nearly all of them had had some sort of performance issue and none of them ran at a solid 60 FPS

The 3DS games all have a 30 fps framerate, some unlocked, some have texture improvements on New 3DS. It's not bad at all considering the hardware. The Wii version was also locked 30 fps, Wii U was unlocked 30 fps. So let's not pretend 60 fps is the standard for mainline Monster Hunter games.

Ridley327

The 3DS games all have a 30 fps framerate, some unlocked, some have texture improvements on New 3DS. It's not bad at all considering the hardware. The Wii version was also locked 30 fps, Wii U was unlocked 30 fps. So let's not pretend 60 fps is the standard for mainline Monster Hunter games.

I mean, it'd be nice if it was 60 fps on consoles, as 60 fps is always nice, but Monster Hunter has always fared better than most series at 30 fps because of how they handle animation priority as a gameplay consideration. DMC, it ain't.

Chindogg

Looks really great. Glad to see them hide the damage numbers and other QoL items so it feels more like MH.

I mean, it'd be nice if it was 60 fps on consoles, as 60 fps is always nice, but Monster Hunter has always fared better than most series at 30 fps because of how they handle animation priority as a gameplay consideration. DMC, it ain't.

Pretty much. MH is one of the few games that center around be 30 as a design choice just because of animations.

Sayad

Pretty much. MH is one of the few games that center around be 30 as a design choice just because of animations.
Is it really "design" and not hardware restrictions? They did try to go for 60 with 4(though it never reached that during fights with monsters), so we at least know the animation aren't locked to 30fps.

DrkSage

Everything Was so good but the only thing I didn't like were the fireflies, but the thing is I don't know with what they could be replaced. A new Type of Felyne?

Rncewind

Looks really great. Glad to see them hide the damage numbers and other QoL items so it feels more like MH.

i dont know how much of design choice it is when i have such vivid memories of mh3u simply dont maintaining 30 fps

Chindogg

Is it really "design" and not hardware restrictions? They did try to go for 60 with 4(though it never reached that during fights with monsters), so we at least know the animation aren't locked to 30fps.

i dont know how much of design choice it is when i have such vivid memories of mh3u simply dont maintaining 30 fps

It's some of both. They couldn't technically do 60 so they based the animations around 30.

Now they could just as easily adjust everything for 60 but that's a ton of work and might change how the game's played.

It's some of both. They couldn't technically do 60 so they based the animations around 30.

Now they could just as easily adjust everything for 60 but that's a ton of work and might change how the game's played.

Will be curious to see what they do with the PC version then. I imagine this is partly why it's delayed.

DESTROYA

Game looks great but not sure if its just me or does player movement look slow? I know it's a early build but I hope they can make things a bit more smoother/faster.

Chindogg

Game looks great but not sure if its just me or does player movement look slow? I know it's a early build but I hope they can make things a bit more smoother/faster.

That's how MH is. You're moving somewhat realistically with those massive heavy weapons. It's what makes the game so deep and challenging.

Top Bottom