• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter: World weapons gameplay from SDCC

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
I wouldn't mind an official Weapon Showcase being uploaded to the official YouTube channel... specially more Bow and Sword & Shield Gameplay.

Now that I think about it I have to wonder how a Dino Crisis game would look like in this engine.

RSchmitz

Looks great. I never got into MH, played a little on psp but I don't really like playing on handhelds.
I'm usually not into online games, but I'm buying 2 copies for my brother and I. I just wish the pc version doesn't take much longer.

Was reading this thread here and the user found out that there are different maps based on elevation.

PCXONXv.png

You can see the normal map on the left.

The map on the right is an elevated area.

The OP also speculates that there could be underground areas as well. So the maps could be a lot larger than they look at first glance.

Amazong Video!

Shoes a bunch of Sword and Shield gameplay as well as the stuff in the OP

30:34

"Videos of all 14 weapon types coming soon!!"

Fuck yes

Man all the behind the scenes stuff was way cool,

never would have thought you could lure large monsters by herding docile mobs as bait!

EVIL

Is there reason for no blood so Capcom can make Monster Hunter World an eSports?
edit:[snip] gif [/snip]

I believe its already confirmed they turned down the blood for any public showing but will be enabled in the final game
edit gaddamn that gif xD

studyguy

could make it like a race i dont know lol

Monster Hunter Frontier's PvP was a big joke.
Catch a mon in a trap during a mission, use it in the arena to fight against the other mon while you beat on the enemy mon too. They had horns you could use to force yours to do specific attacks or act docile/aggressive. Whoever killed the enemy mon first wins or if you as a hunter died you lost.

It sucked.

Insect Glaive, Bows, Guns and Dual Swords look HYPE. Shit, they all look hype. Except Lance.

Yeah, somehow Lance looked very similar to what we have seen of it already. I am hoping there's still more moves that weren't shown, since there are moments when hunters slide down and jump and do new moves, like the spinning hammer in the air, present in the Japanese gameplay demo.

My boy Charge Blade is looking alright. Seems to be a lot of movement in the moveset, with a dash-like spin slash. Also glad to see the Ultra Charge looks like it has some impact again. Didn't like how flaccid the version in Gen looked/felt. Hopefully it can be useful this time around.

spiritfox

Omg the new aerial dash for Insect Glaive. Give it to me.

Also you can move a little while performing on the Hunting Horn it looks like.

Top Bottom