• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shadowverse |OT| Anime Hearthstone now on Steam

KuroNeeko

I should screen shot every time I pull full animated packs lol it happens all the time to me xD

I've only had it happen once. I love foils! : /

edit: second batch of ten had no legendaries, but animated Frogbat and Owlcat....Owlcat is so over-the-top. lol
edit 2:

Super, SUPER disappointed in my pulls. Don't get me wrong, I'm still excited to play with the new cards, but man, luck was not with me this time.

42 Packs

Legendaries: Gawain, Minthe, Ginger, Golem

Even my golds were disappointing. Only one Blood Moon.
I main Control Vampire, though I play around with Control Necro a bit. I was looking forward to getting new cards that supported those archetypes, or new ones like Control Elf, but all I got instead was a bunch of crappy Royal cards. :/

Maaaaayne ; . ;

edit 3: OH! Looks like there's a button in the card inventory menu now for something called a Premium Orb! Seems like you can use them to convert a card into an animated one? @.@

Luigi87

edit 3: OH! Looks like there's a button in the card inventory menu now for something called a Premium Orb! Seems like you can use them to convert a card into an animated one? @.@

In the English client they're referred to as Seer's Globes.
I guess they'll be a part of the monthly rewards going forward.

KuroNeeko

You're lucky, mayne.

Sucks so much having new decks you want to make but not having the legendaries or golds to do it. Out of the four legendaries I got, I'd say Gawain is the only one that is any good and he's 1) undergoing maintenance and 2) a dumb-ass royal.

All of the new dragon decks are running three Sibyls.

It looks like Vampire is dropping Dire Bonds now for Belphagor. I have just enough vials to craft three, but I don't know if I want to commit to it yet.

Ginger feels bad, but I'll probably try her later today in some kind of control-ish deck.

Golem / Giant might be OK in some kind of aggro Earth deck, but I don't like aggro.

Just really, really depressing. : /

Trying to play around with Dark Grail and Book of Death. I may try to make some kind of Control Necro with Minthe, but honestly, I don't think it'll have the tools to compete with anything...

/sigh

Out of 49 packs I got Gawain, Zeus, Maelstrom Serpent, Worldwielder Ginger, Ouroboros and Anomaly.

Also animated Israfil and Minthe. So overall pretty lucky. Got at least one copy of most of the good golden cards too except for Grimnir.

Also aggro Earth won't be a thing, it just doesn't make sense. Midrange/Tempo ER would work though with the new bronze golem card and Hulking Giant.

Szadek

That moment when you realise that Elana works on Aegis.

Still won the game despite a 14/14 Aegis on the board by the end of the game with Midrange shadow.
The deck is pretty awesome so far. The zombies just keep coming.
This is why I call it the Zombie Apocalypse deck.

fertygo

Roland might have spot in mid sword afterall just because to lessening these frigging batshit card like aegis and hulking giant that tsubaki cant do shit against those

Commander tag of Roland hurt a bit tho :(

Szadek

I have run into three Aegis today.

Someone please end me, I'm NEVER in the right position to do anything about it.
What deck are you playing?
Roland might have spot in mid sword afterall just because to lessening these frigging batshit card like aegis and hulking giant that tsubaki cant do shit against those

Commander tag of Roland hurt a bit tho :(
I can see that. Roland is really fucking good.

So far went 10-3 with my Midrange Shadow Deck in AA0.
Finally crafted 3 cerberus (it's like the card will be bad anytime soon).
Eachtar and Golbin Princess have been amazing so far. Prince Catacomb is very good as well.
Not sure about Thane yet.

KuroNeeko

I've been playing Book Nephthys and it gets bodied so hard by Aegis and Earth Rite.

I feel like Aegis is going to, in part, shape the meta. Sucks that Bishop can Odin Control Necro's win condition, but we can't touch theirs. WTF, Cygames.

I have run into three Aegis today.

Someone please end me, I'm NEVER in the right position to do anything about it.

This probably means your deck is too slow, you need to have won the game or be in a winning position when aegis comes down, similar to Satan.

Aegis is countered the same way aggro/midrange decks counter Seraph. Do they tech in Odins? No, they outspeed it.

Pooya

arena seems busted, dragon and blood are absurd now...

good luck beating them with anything else...

Haven is complete trash now, never pick.

Maybe going 2nd is more balanced now but classes are more imba than ever. The gap between top classes is huge. In 3 runs, my opponent and myself managed to fill the board with 5/5s on 8....

This dragon guy had 3 lighting breaths so it managed to beat my absurd blood deck with even more absurd deck...

sword and shadow are still ok but will struggle against dragon/blood.

I have no idea about rune yet. Forest isn't any different, I haven't seen much yet.

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
Golem / Giant might be OK in some kind of aggro Earth deck, but I don't like aggro.
I don't think either of them are aggro. Golem is your Dragon Warrior, will work in any ER deck. Giant is either midrange or control. Not many classes can deal with a (at minimum after evo) 8/8 untargetable with their usual removal. And it often won't be *just* an 8/8.

I was experimenting with a ramp deck at the time I ran into them.
I'm considering cutting my Bahamuts for Genesis Dragons. I find that with Dragoon Scyther and Sibyl that I'm no longer constantly losing the board. Therefore, I don't need Baha for the nuke, but I want to outrace Blood Serpents or Aegis.

I'm considering cutting my Bahamuts for Genesis Dragons. I find that with Dragoon Scyther and Sibyl that I'm no longer constantly losing the board. Therefore, I don't need Baha for the nuke, but I want to outrace Blood Serpents or Aegis.
That's the funny part. In one match I had near full field and could had'em. But after Aegis they tossed out their own Baha and wiped the field and to my surprise Aegis was still there smiling.

Luigi87

Yeah basically I see one of the biggest synergies for Aegis being Test of Strength, since it prevents face damage as long as it and a follower are on board.

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
https://www.reddit.com/r/Shadowverse/comments/62dqx8/something_something_mechanics/

Aegis is lot more powerfull than initially expected - some of those iteractions are really sick imho.
I think the only unexpected interaction was the Test of Strength one. I always felt like people slept on the card. Haven has tons of tools to stall until lategame, that's how they survived for Seraph in the first place. Now, they can keep that stall framework and swap out all the countdown support with better cards. Still too early to say how the meta will shake out, but Aegis isn't trash tier like people think.

EDIT:

Freshman Lou has the best line in all of digital card games.

Just started playing. Really liking Haven. Wondering if I should buy the one time 600 crystals and buy a prebuilt or spend on daily pulls of 50 crystals.

Thoughts?

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
If you're starting out, the prebuilts are way more value than a few packs. But you don't need to spend money to have fun. Maybe play around a bit until you feel like you've hit a creative wall.

Szadek

Just started playing. Really liking Haven. Wondering if I should buy the one time 600 crystals and buy a prebuilt or spend on daily pulls of 50 crystals.

Thoughts?
Hard to say.
In genral Prebuild deck are great value.
However, the heaven deck is probably the weakest Prebuild deck, since the legendaries aren't that great, but several of all the golden cards are quite good.

KuroNeeko

Hard to say.
In genral Prebuild deck are great value.
However, the heaven deck is probably the weakest Prebuild deck, since the legendaries aren't that great, but several of all the golden cards are quite good.

Probably gonna be getting some use out of that lone Kaguya though...

Kumubou

Anyone have an explanation as to what happened here?

8JYk2le.png

I played an enhanced Baphomet and... spent 5 PP on a 2/1 card that didn't do anything? Huh????? You can see I have no cards in my hand that originally cost 5PP or greater, and I had a whole bunch sitting in my deck (2 Dark Airjammers, 2 Imp Lancers, and 2 Alucards). Is this some kind of dumb bug?

Szadek

Anyone have an explanation as to what happened here?

I played an enhanced Baphomet and... spent 5 PP on a 2/1 card that didn't do anything? Huh????? You can see I have no cards in my hand that originally cost 5PP or greater, and I had a whole bunch sitting in my deck (2 Dark Airjammers, 2 Imp Lancers, and 2 Alucards). Is this some kind of dumb bug?
Neither of these cards has more than 5 attack...

so what to do now to "grind" this game?

play arena? or buying new pack is best investment of gold?

Do your dailies, get your ranked score up to get those 2 T2 tickets and a bunch of vials/gold and if you're low rank you can easily rack up gold by ranking up. Arena is an ok investment of gold but you can only get standard packs so take that into account(the standard set does have by far the highest amount of cards though so it'll take you a while before they lose their value).

fertygo

Do your dailies, get your ranked score up to get those 2 T2 tickets and a bunch of vials/gold and if you're low rank you can easily rack up gold by ranking up. Arena is an ok investment of gold but you can only get standard packs so take that into account(the standard set does have by far the highest amount of cards though so it'll take you a while before they lose their value).

I'm already A2 tho, so there's only few more rank achievement to get unfortunately

Luigi87

Remembered I had five Elite 2 AI to do, so did them and opened ten more packs.
Only got Dark Jeanne in terms of legendary, meh.

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
I'm getting to that awkward point where Standard packs are starting to really drop in value and so TT is becoming much less profitable at 4-1. That on top of TotG bringing 2 legendaries per class means the game is becoming subtly much more expensive for me.

That said, it's still great that one can reliably collect all bronze and silver cards of every set.

Luigi87

I'm getting to that awkward point where Standard packs are starting to really drop in value and so TT is becoming much less profitable at 4-1. That on top of TotG bringing 2 legendaries per class means the game is becoming subtly much more expensive for me.

That said, it's still great that one can reliably collect all bronze and silver cards of every set.

Yeah the double two legendaries per craft causing a signficant decrease in Bronze/Silvers in Tempest meant I already had 3 of all Bronze well before I opened even 45 packs, and I'm only missing a total of four cards to having every silver after 55.

Pooya

there are 2 but like only one of them per class are actually good except blood.

silver cards in this set are pretty nuts otoh...

I can never play blood decks, it's just absurdly expensive but I can manage everything else by just playing daily quests.

Luigi87

True.
I mean I have a ton of useless cards that I could liquefy from each set, I just don't because I like to collect as many as I can.

Lumination

'enry 'ollins

I can never play blood decks, it's just absurdly expensive but I can manage everything else by just playing daily quests.
I think the jury's still out on quite a few of them, but also each extra legendary in the set decreases your chance of getting one of the others.

Luigi87

April Rewards are Baphomet and Little Soulsquasher.

No Seer's Globes, so those are either special giveaway, or perhaps tournament prizes?

so what to do now to "grind" this game?

play arena? or buying new pack is best investment of gold?

Arena is better than buying pack of standard cards as long as you keep >= 2.5 wins

I've put together Aegis deck - kinda funny but in my test run I never even got Aegis and finished enemy with Grimnir :)

Also I start to suspect some kind of forest lover is in design team and always sneaks some juicy cards -
Sakuna on turn 4 with 2 fairies is insane you get 8/8 worth of stats with evolve
Beetle is solid
Jungle warden is great finisher

Top Bottom