• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shadowverse |OT| Anime Hearthstone now on Steam

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I don't understand what this is about. So you can't see if the card is like top deck or else?

It was actually a weakness for forest decks you kept track of what cards are fairies in their hand

Or if anything using discard blah blah blah from hand stuff. The opponent could track stuff.

It's something they should have had in since the start

It was actually a weakness for forest decks you kept track of what cards are fairies in their hand

Or if anything using discard blah blah blah from hand stuff. The opponent could track stuff.

It's something they should have had in since the start

I mean, you can still easily keep track of how much of their hand are fairies. Doesn't really matter where in their hand the fairies are, and it's an important thing to keep track of.

This change really lowers what is necessary for "optimal" play against spellboosts, since before the best thing to do would be to keep track of how many spellboosts each of their cards have so you know what options they could possibly have. This lowers the skill ceiling, but I'd say most people don't really do that anyway, and it's still a good change so that you don't rage from the opponent top decking the perfect card anymore lol. Plus in IRL card games you can shuffle your hand around, so this kinda simulates that

Szadek

It lowers the skill ceiling a bit, but most people don't track cards in hand anyway.

After thinking about it for a bit, it's probably a good change, since the current system hurts Forest (bouncing) and Rune (spellboost) more than the other crafts.

EndlessSky also made good points.

The changes for arena are intersting. I'm very curious how this will impact the class balance.
Thanks fuck that Manifestation of Faith is gone. Dumpster Fire Tier Take 2 card.

Anyway, I have 3k gold and 35k vials. I think I'm pretty well prepared for the next set.

Kumubou

It lowers the skill ceiling a bit, but most people don't track cards in hand anyway.

After thinking about it for a bit, it's probably a good change, since the current system hurts Forest (bouncing) and Rune (spellboost) more than the other crafts.
You can still keep track of which cards get bounced, though. You're still going to have a decent idea of what a Forest player's hand is, and the hand order isn't going to change that.

I think the change is mainly to make Rune hands harder to read, and even then I don't think it matters much. When you're playing a Daria or DShift deck, you're generally trying to end those games as quickly as possible and they either get there or they don't. I guess it would give you a good idea of how many turns you have against a DShift deck (and if they have 1 or 2 in hand), and that's the only thing you're really losing.

Luigi87

And the most important feature of all time - ability to move decks on deck page :)
Yissss

It's really bugged me how that wasn't implemented before, lol

I haven't played in about a month, but I have saved up 3.5k gold, and have 9.1k vials... Which is I think what I also had when RoB came out.

Szadek

One day I'll be able play 60k+ vial Dragon deck

one day.. ;__________;
So far the most expensive ones only cost 50k, but they might get more expensive thanks to Zeus and other cards.
At least you don't need odin any more, so that's a plus.

In any case, if you do your daily and if you are good at arena, it shouldn't take all that long.

Luigi87

So far the most expensive ones only cost 50k, but they might get more expensive thanks to Zeus and other cards.
At least you don't need odin any more, so that's a plus.

In any case, if you do your daily and if you are good at arena, it shouldn't take all that long.

This is the biggest win for me.
Odin is such a dead card in hand for Dragon players, and giving the craft a card with Enhance (10) Banish Everything should significantly help Dragon vs. Shadow

Edit: Oh I forgot, I've only done two of the Elite 2 so far, so that's a bunch of gold I can still grab.

I really dislike last few days before expansions - it feels so pointless when you know new exciting meta changing stuff is just around a corner and anything you have invented will be outdated in next 2-3 days.

fertygo

I just finished all elite AI achievement so I had 4k gold, so with the free pack I can open 50 pack

not bad for playing in just about 3 week

would had more if I don't open 17 pointless RoB pack, not even open legendary in those pack

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
I only played enough ranked this month for 1.5k score, so I needed 2.5k more for the sleeve. Sprinted to A1 with my own flavor of Aggro Blood. Went 23-3. Not a bad way to close out the meta.

fertygo

Please give me more than 1 copy of Belphegor tomorrow BlessRNG

I think that's the legendary with the least vial commitment to build around

just slap it to aggro blood letss go

Luigi87

Tempest of the Gods is GO!

Edit: First pack gave me Ouroboros. Dragon is calling me back!
Second pack gave my Sibyl.

... I'm dead serious

Tempest of the Gods is GO!

Edit: First pack gave me Ouroboros. Dragon is calling me back!
Second pack gave my Sibyl.

... I'm dead serious

Wow, nice. 30 packs in right now, and the only legend I got so far is an Israfil. Only got about 1k gold left :( Good think I have like 20k vials lol

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
4 legendaries including a golden Zeus with my 11 tickets. Don't think I've ever been this lucky before.

Edit: 30 packs + 11 free packs:

f9OBD41.jpg

KuroNeeko

Getting ready to bust about 40 packs at lunch! I want some of that Belphagor, but I'll play with anything that's not from Royal.

One day I'll be able play 60k+ vial Dragon deck

one day.. ;__________;

No kidding.

I've JUST started to put mine together and it looks like it'll only get more expensive in TotGs (unless Zeus isn't a thing).

I just played seraph exclusively because I feel it's going to be obsolete with new cards....

will miss seraph.

I think Seraph will still be a thing. I feel like it's going to be harder to mainline Odin in most decks now and with some sites saying D-Shift will not survive well in this meta (lol), it should still be a viable win condition.

opened 30 packs, got 2x Sibyl, 1x Israfil. fml, got rekt...

Time to play...heal....dragon?

4 legendaries including a golden Zeus with my 11 tickets. Don't think I've ever been this lucky before.

Edit: 30 packs + 11 free packs:

Congrats! I bet the animated Zeus looks awesome! Time to play Ramp Dragon!

Pooya

dragon nest seems really good? I didn't see this card before. So you get heals until you reach overflow and then get a card. It's the most f aggro card there is, rip unica.

late game, is 1pp draw a card, no 1/2 body? not a big deal. edit: It is destroyed at the end of your turn, it's not that good.

Seems good to me.

I have no idea how to build dragon right now though. There are many directions to go and I have no idea which is better because there is no meta game. I like my options though.

Neutral ramp doesn't seem that appealing but you have the new 2 drop evolve give storm. Some cheesy combos are possible with that lol.

You can go complete dragon with so many aoes and heals. That seems more fun.

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
dragon nest seems really good? I didn't see this card before. So you get heals until you reach overflow and then get a card. It's the most f aggro card there is, rip unica.

late game, is 1pp draw a card, no 1/2 body? not a big deal. edit: It is destroyed at the end of your turn, it's not that good.

Seems good to me.
None of the effects happen unless you are in overflow, so it's all a one-time thing.

I have no idea how to build dragon right now though. There are many directions to go and I have no idea which is better because there is no meta game. I like my options though.

Neutral ramp doesn't seem that appealing but you have the new 2 drop evolve give storm. Some cheesy combos are possible with that lol.

You can go complete dragon with so many aoes and heals. That seems more fun.
Current thoughts. Rahab is great vs aggro but subpar vs anything else. Sibyl is probably a 2 or 3x. Lightning Blast is a 3x, so might be able to cut the Siegfrieds, will definitely replace Odin. Dragoon Scyther is a 3x. I want to try 2x Ouroboros and/or 2x Zeus. The latter will require I craft 2x Sahas and then maybe more Lucifers too...

Luigi87

45 packs (10 free + 35 purchased)
10 legendaries (but two each of Rune's)
-Sibyl of the Waterwyrm
-Hulking Giant (x2, one animated)
-Elf Queen
-Roland the Incorruptible (animated)
-Demonlord Eachtar
-Ouroboros
-Wordweilder Ginger (x2)
-Zeus

Final pack had Wordweilder Ginger and animated Hulking Giant... but game, I detest Rune D=

Here is a final of all my pulls unaltered (I haven't liquefied anything yet)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...bIHykwNQqpT3bisWCTW_C5I74o/edit#gid=679975150

KuroNeeko

oh, I see, it's actually shit then.

Yeah, the wording of the localized text was a bit ambiguous, but it's a one-time thing. It should literally read, "At the beginning of your turn, if in Overflow: Gain 2 life. Draw a card. Destroy this amulet."

45 packs (10 free + 35 purchased)
10 legendaries (but two each of Rune's)
-Sibyl of the Waterwyrm
-Hulking Giant (x2, one animated)
-Elf Queen
-Roland the Incorruptible (animated)
-Demonlord Eachtar
-Ouroboros
-Wordweilder Ginger (x2)
-Zeus

Final pack had Wordweilder Ginger and animated Hulking Giant... but game, I detest Rune D=

Here is a final of all my pulls unaltered (I haven't liquefied anything yet)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...bIHykwNQqpT3bisWCTW_C5I74o/edit#gid=679975150

Wordwielder Ginger is an interesting card and one that the devs spoke of specifically in a recent interview with IGN. They likened it to Dorothy in terms of power, but with WG giving you higher overall power vs. Dorothy's huge tempo. Unfortunately, the dev's said that it's a card that may currently be without a home, but it was something they had plans for in future sets.

Luigi87

Yeah, the wording was a bit ambiguous, but it's a one-time thing.

Wordwielder Ginger is an interesting card and one that the devs spoke of specifically in a recent interview with IGN. They likened it to Dorothy in terms of power, but with WG giving you higher overall power vs. Dorothy's huge tempo. Unfortunately, the dev's said that it's a card that may currently be without a home, but it was something they had plans for in future sets.

What I was trying to determine about Ginger is essentially she sets all followers to cost 0, but disables all abilities until the next turn. So does that mean they remain cost 0 and gain back their effects, or that they lose the cost 0?

KuroNeeko

What I was trying to determine about Ginger is essentially she sets all followers to cost 0, but disables all abilities until the next turn. So does that mean they remain cost 0 and gain back their effects, or that they lose the cost 0?

Going off the Japanese text, it reads:

Fanfare: Until the end of your turn, all followers in your hand have their cost reduced to 0. Until the end of your turn, your leader cannot activate any (other, meaning other than this unit's) additional Fanfare effects. Until the end of your turn, none of your followers can attack the enemy leader.

Kumubou

Got 0 legendary with the free 11 packs, and then rage bought 10 more packs with saved rupies and ended up with 4 legendaries (Belphegor, Eachtar, Ouroboros, Israfil). Moral of this story: rage at RNGesus and get rewarded. :V

First game after the next expansion and I got deal with a max-board Ouroboros on turn 6. That's gonna be real fun for anyone that doesn't have any super-hard removal to deal with.

KuroNeeko

Open 30 pack, only 2 leg:(

can open 20 more but I already discouraged

at least I got Roland emblem

Seems a bit on the low end considering some other GAFfers are getting like 10 legendaries in about as many packs.

I think I usually get about one legendary every eight packs or so? Sorry, mayne. : /
At least you got Roland, which looks decent
if you're a dirty Royal player.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Jeez, got 4 legendaries with the 10 free packs. Gawain, Ouroboros, Heavenly Aegis and Elf Queen.

Haven't kept up with the expansion much at all but Aegis seems really cool.

fertygo

Ended up with 5 leg in 52 pack, well its could've worse I guess

Elf Queen, Roland, Serpent, Gawain and Echtar. Eachtar and Serpent seems garbaggio tho

No Belphegor tho :((((((((((((((((

KuroNeeko

Ended up with 5 leg in 52 pack, well its could've worse I guess

Elf Queen, Roland, Serpent, Gawain and Echtar. Eachtar and Serpent seems garbaggio tho

No Belphegor tho :((((((((((((((((

@.@

edit: I'm gonna respect your opinion because you're such a good HS player, but mayne...MAYNE!

Since I only got 2 legendaries out of 40 packs, I'm just running mostly standard aggro blood in ranked to destroy everyone who is testing new decks. Had an 8 winstreak in AA3. Might be able to get to masters soon if this keeps up lol

KuroNeeko

just got destroyed by Blood Moon and Serpent

ok that shit is not right

About time to reassess Serpent, right? lol

Gawain's like Nepthys from last set except that he flat out stops matches. I think they had Nephth up in less than a week last time, so it shouldn't be long.

If we're lucky, they'll just delete her (and Albert) from the game.

Since I only got 2 legendaries out of 40 packs, I'm just running mostly standard aggro blood in ranked to destroy everyone who is testing new decks. Had an 8 winstreak in AA3. Might be able to get to masters soon if this keeps up lol

Maaan, you're like the guys playing Zoo or Aggro Shaman on the day a new set drops!
Boooooo!

edit: Time to bust some packs! EXPECTING at least TWO Belphagors and hoping for an animated Sibyl!

fertygo

You may mistaken Gawain with other card, his effect is not game breaking

and as devout Albertcraft worshipper I won't tolerate your badmouthing :D

KuroNeeko

You may mistaken Gawain with other card, his effect is not game breaking

and as devout Albertcraft worshipper I won't tolerate your badmouthing :D

As revenge for my insolence, I just pulled a Gawain.
Dammit!!!

Animated Mask of the Black Death looks AWESOME!

Free packs were a bust:

Gawain x 1
Mask of the Black Death (animated)
Soulshatter Girl (animated)

I'm SO salty about Gawain. I literally have ZERO wins with Royal. In the past, I've vialed all my Royal and Dragon cards, but have slowly started moving away from that and am rebuilding my Dragon collection. I can't see myself ever liking Royal, though, unless it's some sort of janky ninja stealth deck.

30 more packs to go!

Maaan, you're like the guys playing Zoo or Aggro Shaman on the day a new set drops!
Boooooo!!

Not my fault I didnt get the dragon legends that I was really looking forward to! Besides, I did at least add dark airjammer and soul dominator to my aggro blood list and find them to be working nicely lol.

Also messed around with this combo haven deck (+3 bowman kel, +3 humpty, -3 healing prayer), and found that it actually is pretty good. The bread and butter is turn 6 or 7 put down 2 peg sculptures, then turn 8 play 3 bowman kel and a 2pp heal for 18 face damage

KuroNeeko

Not my fault I didnt get the dragon legends that I was really looking forward to! Besides, I did at least add dark airjammer and soul dominator to my aggro blood list and find them to be working nicely lol.

Also messed around with this combo haven deck (+3 bowman kel, +3 humpty, -3 healing prayer), and found that it actually is pretty good. The bread and butter is turn 6 or 7 put down 2 peg sculptures, then turn 8 play 3 bowman kel and a 2pp heal for 18 face damage

Airjammer sounds disgusting. Enhancing to get two Blood Wolves is gross.

Frogbat dialogue is amazing...lol "What is the meaning of life?"
Vagabond Frog dialogue is amazing too. "I'm searching...for myself."

edit: Three animated cards in one pack including Frozen Mammoth, Night Sorceress, and Maneating Garden! lol

Top Bottom