• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shadowverse |OT| Anime Hearthstone now on Steam

Luigi87

How about comparison to newer card pack?

Well for expansions you just buy them, since there is no other way of attaining them (not going to bother counting monthly rewards and giveaways), as Take-Two only yields standard packs... Excluding those couple of weeks in November where they switched it to DE packs.
I personally don't know the ratio one should spend on Standard vs. The Expansions either though.

fertygo

peep been ranting about dragon so much but I hate shadow so much more, prince catatomb is super frustating card to against

Luigi87

peep been ranting about dragon so much but I hate shadow so much more, prince catatomb is super frustating card to against

Well during RoB, Shadow was the worst matchup for Dragon.
Dunno about Tempest, but at the least it seems like Shadow decks may be thriving. Really interested in seeing the meta shift in the coming weeks.

Armaros

Well during RoB, Shadow was the worst matchup for Dragon.
Dunno about Tempest, but at the least it seems like Shadow decks may be thriving. Really interested in seeing the meta shift in the coming weeks.

Nephthys decks were almost perfectly designed to shit on ramp drsgon, but with all the new tools, dragon has direct counters and ways to outlast Nepnep.

Now it's aggro and midrange shadow thats the issue. Catacombs makes your board soo sticky and that also perfectly lines up for a Demonlord power turn at 7 to just go face if they didn't die to the catacomb fed Shadow Reaper. Don't even need the zombies from the Demonlord.

IMO Grimthir is going to be the MVP of the expansion, 2/3 ward for 3 that also has massive late game power.
There is almost no reason to not be running him.

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
I really dislike Grimthir. I thought enhance was "supposed" to be for cards that traded power for flexibility. A 3pp 2/3 ward is almost an auto-include in most control and midrange decks.

Pooya

I've been playing aggro shadow and still can get rekt by dragon. There is so much healing and they get to 10 so fast and when they do nothing ever sticks.

I play something else, here comes bahamut with storm. It's very frustrating. I don't think there is anything that can beat them reliably now.

I've been playing aggro shadow and still can get rekt by dragon. There is so much healing and they get to 10 so fast and when they do nothing ever sticks.

I play something else, here comes bahamut with storm. It's very frustrating. I don't think there is anything that can beat them reliably now.

Well I don't have big enough sample size but Silver Bolt forest I'm using is 3:1 versus ramp.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
1t7HwUR.jpg
LkygkHP.gif

fertygo

There is no evidence of stat Ramp dragon is that good

Meanwhile aggro shadow is fucking crazy.. if you start 2nd and they not brick is almost guaranteed loss

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
*shrug* I've lost to shadow zero times, dragon once, and d shift twice, sword cannon twice. blood moon once, other heavens zero

And that's about it atm with my current deck. That's out of 30 games

Edit: If i had to say what was the strongest atm it would be blood

Pooya

I put death sentence in my haven deck, it literally deletes aggro shadow. It's a good deck, people just don't know how to play against their new stuff. Aggro blood had great winrate too when RoB came out, it fell off after a few weeks.

I don't know about control blood right now, midrange blood that is floating around is great . I've seen very few playing it though. I'm AA2.

KuroNeeko

I put death sentence in my haven deck, it literally deletes aggro shadow. It's a good deck, people just don't know how to play against their new stuff. Aggro blood had great winrate too when RoB came out, it fell off after a few weeks.

I don't know about control blood right now, midrange blood that is floating around is great . I've seen very few playing it though. I'm AA2.

Yeah, there's so much aggro necro out there right now, that I've started running the 3 PP silver amulet (Man-eating Garden?) to my Elf decks (could be overkill lol).

I've been messing around with Control Blood a bit, but the new tools it has are so...revolutionary, that I'm finding it hard to use them well. I think now that mid is starting to take shape, it won't be long until someone starts thinking of a good Control deck. Chaos Ship and Baphomet are such game changers--getting a Sexy Vampire for 6 is disgusting.

The three decks I've been playing around with the most are probably Mid / Control Vampire, Control / Bolt Elf (with healing), and Grail Bishop (lol). I feel like Bolt Elf is going to be good again as there are new defensive options like Elf Queen, Erin, and the 3 PP 2/3 taunt guy, as well as your standards like Ancient Elf and Tia. You don't really have to worry about Aegis since you can just nuke them for 18 and you have some options for dealing with threats like Mordecai and Ouroboros using Lilly (2 PP silver Elf, Enhance 6: turn dood into a snowman).

Funny but Haven has all the counters to new cancer decks - AOE attacks to hit frogs, Kaguya to stop Aegis, mass banish to stop Shadow , Themis for snake spam and healing plus wards

Pooya

this sword deck is pretty good https://shadowverse.gamepress.gg/de...e-tournament-2nd-place-potwashercf-swordcraft

I'm not sure about Ogre vs Fangblade though, they have their pros and cons but I think fangblade should be better still. I haven't played ogre enough to say either way.

Luminous Mage is damn good btw. I think maybe it's better to go more mid range, instead of archers play some token cards and get more value out of LM.

Overall it did well against dragon but haven is hard if they have lions and stuff like that.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Is the Eidolon deck any good?
Still have 2 copies of the card and I would like to test it, but no idea how to build a deck around it.

It's ok, you either win by turn 6-7 or you kinda start to struggle. If eid is out on turn 8 you just slap down a grail and go for the kill on turn 9

Edit: FUCK OROBOROS SO GOD DAMN MUCH

Wow, I can't believe I just won against an oroboros in Take 2. The opponent put it down turn 8 and he had like 16hp left. Some how I was able to hold him for about 4 turns while I had a lord of the flies behind a rotation of wards. So many topdecks for me to take that one. Oroboros is so strong in Take 2.

KuroNeeko

It's ok, you either win by turn 6-7 or you kinda start to struggle. If eid is out on turn 8 you just slap down a grail and go for the kill on turn 9

Edit: FUCK OROBOROS SO GOD DAMN MUCH

You're playing Haven, mayne, can't you just Banish it?
You end up trading card advantage for it (trade to reduce health to 3 or less then Banish). Or just keep killing it--it cost 8.

Playing Seraph / Grail / Candelabra yesterday, I didn't lose once to Dragon.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
You're playing Haven, mayne, can't you just Banish it?
You end up trading card advantage for it (trade to reduce health to 3 or less then Banish). Or just keep killing it--it cost 8.

Playing Seraph / Grail / Candelabra yesterday, I didn't lose once to Dragon.

LOL the stuff I play is too strong to weaken it for a banish :p

I fixed up my deck to adress that

And lol at just keep killing it

Pooya

Grail shows your opponent what cards you got, that's pretty bad. I don't know why it reveals it, if you got bad outcomes know that your opponent knows.

KuroNeeko

Hmm I still have to tweak my seraph deck for the expansion, how did you squeeze grail and candles in?

I have a bunch, and I mean a BUNCH of different Bishop variations I'm playing with. I only have two Seraphs, so the Grails are more of a back-up to offer consistency. Still, they can be really good if you time your Beastcaller (or depending on the deck, your phantom rabbit) to pop the same turn as your Grail because you can hit them with Astaroth's Reckoning for the win.

I have very few creatures--only one Ancient Spirit and three Priests of the Cudgel. I rely on all of the 1-countdown kill amulets, as well as the 4 PP gold amulet, three Themises, three Blackened Scriptures, and three Beastcaller Amulets to maintain control of the board. Because of this, the deck really suffers if you don't get a Candelabra. The good news is that hardly anyone is playing Odin right now and if you have a Candelabra out, you only need two spells to pop Seraph on the next turn.

I still have a few variants I want to try--I have a more amulet-heavy Manifestation of Faith build, builds that run Eidolon, Hare of Illusion, all sorts of stuff. I want to try some Guardian Sun with those Octobishops as well. ^^

Anyway, your mileage may vary. I'm still in A2 since I don't play that often and meme pretty heavily, but I went like 10-1 last night. If you start facing a lot of Elf Bolt, though, you may want to change decks.

Grail shows your opponent what cards you got, that's pretty bad. I don't know why it reveals it, if you got bad outcomes know that your opponent knows.

Really? @.@
Where does it show it, in the battle log?

Hmm wondering if i should convert to dirt burn rune or stick to tuning it to beat control decks not named dshift

D-Shift is currently dead. Someone may figure something out, but right now it and Daria are not in a good spot. I haven't faced any good burn Witches yet, but I typically run decks with lots of healing.
I mean, to be fair, there are only four possible choices so...

Szadek

2 Seraphs is actually enough, or at least was before ToB, since you don't need it at all against aggressive decks and not many people were running odin at the time.

I would like to test Eidolon + grail deck, but I'm missing most off the golden cards for that and I don't want to waste that much liquid on a deck that might be trash.

LOL the stuff I play is too strong to weaken it for a banish :p

I fixed up my deck to adress that

And lol at just keep killing it
I mean it's true to some extent, ouroboros is unplayable if you outtempo it. If you're playing a slower deck without banish though it murders you slowly.
Really? @.@
Where does it show it, in the battle log?

D-Shift is currently dead. Someone may figure something out, but right now it and Daria are not in a good spot. I haven't faced any good burn Witches yet, but I typically run decks with lots of healing.
I mean, to be fair, there are only four possible choices so...

It shows you as it pops, the cards get shown to the opponent then go to hand.

And D-shift is absolutely not dead, you may not see as many of them but with so few aggro decks around to punish them they're in a great spot at the moment.

I faced dshift the day i returned to rank. Seems shadowverse wanted to remind me of the 0-100 matchup I have with it when I play dirt rune.

KuroNeeko

I mean it's true to some extent, ouroboros is unplayable if you outtempo it. If you're playing a slower deck without banish though it murders you slowly.

It shows you as it pops, the cards get shown to the opponent then go to hand.

And D-shift is absolutely not dead, you may not see as many of them but with so few aggro decks around to punish them they're in a great spot at the moment.

Man, seriously?
I tried playing it and queued into Necro, Necro, Royal before switching decks.

On a side note, Durandal really booty humps Elf Bolt...like...dayum.

Armaros

I like the idea of haven, but i have no idea what to craft beyond all the core cards that all haven decks use. Themis, tribunal etc.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
The many flavours of Aegis.

That card sucks it's too slow, it's an ok alt win condition but if you are losing to it your deck is too slow and you need to figure out a way around stall or to speed up how much damage you can do before turn 9/10

KuroNeeko

Well yeah its still highly dependant on what decks you face as D-shift.

I've been playing it almost constantly for the past day or so, and it doesn't seem to be performing well. I could be playing it wrong though.

I usually "go off" around turn 8 or 9.

edit: Yeah, I'm preeeeetty sure that 超越 is not suitable for the meta right now, at least not in A0~AA1.

Pretty new to the game, but I've been enjoying what I'm playing. How many decks do people bother to build. I've built a Runecraft deck I like and I'm semi-happy with my Swordcraft deck.

I read some tutorial/newbie pages that suggested dumping all gold/legendaries for decks you're not using, but that seemed too short-sighted to do for me.

Only been using my vials to flesh out either of two aforementioned decks.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Pretty new to the game, but I've been enjoying what I'm playing. How many decks do people bother to build. I've built a Runecraft deck I like and I'm semi-happy with my Swordcraft deck.

I read some tutorial/newbie pages that suggested dumping all gold/legendaries for decks you're not using, but that seemed too short-sighted to do for me.

That's the best way to go about it at first. Specially if you are going pure f2p

Kumubou

I would say you goal if you want to be competitive in ranked is to have one "complete" deck and then decks for most other classes that are at least semi-competitive so you can do the daily missions. You'll want to go full fat on anything you plan on taking into ranked seriously, but budget decks are good enough for dailies.

Nuking everything for classes you won't play now makes some sense, but I would probably hold on to golds and legendaries that are staples. So if you drew something like Albert or Cereberus, you will probably want to keep those given that they are almost always used in their respective classes (unless you know with 1000% certainty you won't play that class, ever).

Top Bottom