• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nexus Challenge 2.0 (Overwatch x Heroes event): D.Va, Genji skins, 10 lootboxes, more

Acidote

Blizzard has caught on to this. The first week can be with AI games but the following 3 weeks must be done with pvp games. I guess they want people to participate in matchmaking.

Do you need victories? Because if you do I'm uninstalling this as quick as I have installed it. I'd rather pay in-game credits in the future for the skin. If you don't, I'll just organize something to lose asap.

Yukinari

Do you need victories? Because if you do I'm uninstalling this as quick as I have installed it. I'd rather pay in-game credits in the future for the skin.

Nah you just need to play the matches whether you win or lose.

If they forced you to win then that would bring in even less players.

Zaventem

Not enjoying this at all, shame i havecto slog through gamepla i don't like for skins... Wouldn't recommend this game to anyone.

Acerac

Banned
Not a heroes of the storm thing, just dislike all mobas in general. Everything just feels so sluggish
You're not a fan of the genre, therefore you wouldn't suggest this game to anyone? I suppose that makes sense...

I do enjoy these occasional cross promotions Blizzard does. While I never feel forced to participate it always gives a decent incentive.

FHIZ

Blizzard has caught on to this. The first week can be with AI games but the following 3 weeks must be done with pvp games. I guess they want people to participate in matchmaking.

Yeah this is where I bounce out. I have less than 0 interest in mobas in general. I didn't mind finding teammates in the chat last time who were in it for AI matches to get Genji's skin, but ruining matches for people who may actually want to play the game sucks.

I want that D.Va skin but I'm not playing a MOBA for that.

I have it on good authority that it only takes about 15 minutes to throw a game of HotS, so as long as you have an accomplice it's not a bad investment of time for 10 lootboxes you don't have to pay for.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Is this annoying for regular HotS players? Having an influx of people suddenly join the game just to throw matches? Unless everyone is just doing it with friends.

Chris R

I don't have to do weeks 1-3 to do week 4 right?

Got my free 20 heroes today, only the boxes seem worth it for me right now

FHIZ

I don't have to do weeks 1-3 to do week 4 right?

Got my free 20 heroes today, only the boxes seem worth it for me right now
Nope, seems like you got to complete the first quest to unlock the second and so on. If you want those boxes, 20 matches total.

Chris R

Nope, seems like you got to complete the first quest to unlock the second and so on. If you want those boxes, 20 matches total.

Well then never mind.

I'll still keep the game installed and might try a match or two again, but not worth the hassle of adding a friend and grinding out five games for a month.

notworksafe

just making sure: so i just play 5 games with a friend today and get genji stuff then play 5 more next week and get dva, etc etc etc? or does this start at a certain date/time? or can i just play 10+ matches in a row and get all the stuff from multiple weeks?

I guess it's only 5 matches that have to be inevitably lost, but still, I feel bad for HotS players, that month is gonna suck for you guys

Shouta

Can you do just 5 for a specific reward? A friend wants the D.va skin for OW but probably doesn't care for the rest, lol

FHIZ

Well then never mind.

I'll still keep the game installed and might try a match or two again, but not worth the hassle of adding a friend and grinding out five games for a month.
Yeah it's more of a pain than last time. I want that DVa skin though so I might just find someone in a lobby for one game a day.

kirblar

Can you do just 5 for a specific reward? A friend wants the D.va skin for OW but probably doesn't care for the rest, lol
They chain. Doing 5 gets you L1, next 5 L2, etc.

The final one gets you 10 OW loot boxes though, which is real nice.

I can't play until next weekend but I already have all of the Oni Genji stuff from the last event, I shouldn't miss anything right?

Shouta

They chain. Doing 5 gets you L1, next 5 L2, etc.

The final one gets you 10 OW loot boxes though, which is real nice.

So basically 1 game a day for a month gets you stuff. Not bad. If you aren't bound by the week thing and can just advance Levels based on number of games played, that'd be really nice as well.

LiK

Man, I really wish they didn't force people to play QP and let them use AI. So many people are gonna throw just to get the 5 games over with for D.va.

I completed the Week 1 games already. Easy peasy with AI.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Console crew rejoice

gkyrb29asrty.png

Add me and let me know you're from GAF if you're looking for games. RoninChaos#1747

Does anyone know if this unlocks the Genji skin on console?

I can't play until next weekend but I already have all of the Oni Genji stuff from the last event, I shouldn't miss anything right?

No, they added new stuff for week 1.

(I don't think any of that Overwatch stuff is actually new, but Heroes apparently can't check Overwatch unlock status so it's marked as unowned.)

But that's not the way it works anyway, you need to do each week's 'quest' to start on the next. But these quests get saved up, so even if you are busy for week 1 you can do that quest during week 2.

I want that D.Va skin so goddamn much, but I don't even know anything about HotS, much less have any friends that play it, and don't like/understand mobas in general.

J_Viper

I'm still a bit confused

So, I need to do these challenges in Heroes of the Storm to unlock the OW skins? Is that right?

Top Bottom