• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT3| When having no onions makes you cry

thedan001

Trying to figure out which characters to take to 99 next (besides Y'shtola, I'm leveling her to 99 as well)

Any recommendations?

Sarah for her RM4, best RM for white mage besides Devout RM2?

Shantotto for 2nd best mage RM (Witch's Cackle) and synergy for XI multiplayer.

P.cecil for the holy% RM4, I have his BSB along with a +++ holy sword and platinum shield.

Cloud's RM4 sounds appealing but I have no relics for him, nada! I've pulled several times in past 2 FFVII event banners and game denies me Cloud awesomeness.

Current 99's:

Tyro
Tidus
Terra
Luneth
Onion Knight
Celes
Ramza

EDIT: From discussing with others, I decided on Vanille. Her BSB will fill in instant medica healer role for multiplayer and Nemesis since she is one of top picks for those content. Taking her to 99 now!

greyshark

As a current owner of Tidus's BSB, I'm wondering if I should drop 50 mythril on the next OSB banner. It's only a 10% chance, but I'm not sure when if ever this relic will drop again. Is it worth the long shot?

I'm a day one player that's lurked these boards for the past couple months. I've been saving every ounce of mythril since the cloud OSB banner. If I don't pull yshtolas bssb on Saturday I'm quitting record keeper forever. I've been burned on every draw I've ever made since the ff5 Gil and faris bssb banner. Even then I spent real money to get what I wanted. Part of me wants to not draw the ysh bssb so I can be free. But this is the stipulation I've set for myself.

Wooohoooo can't wait to pull and see my fate!!!!!!

thedan001

As a current owner of Tidus's BSB, I'm wondering if I should drop 50 mythril on the next OSB banner. It's only a 10% chance, but I'm not sure when if ever this relic will drop again. Is it worth the long shot?

Since OSB's are a new thing, I expect to see OSB's make a comeback from nightmare banners, lucky 25 mythril banners, and show up as a 2nd rate whenever new tiers of relics come out just like BSB's are under OSB's right now. Right now OSB's have the allure since it's the new shiny.

OSB's real benefit is spike dps and requires prep work + specialized characters/relic to do consistent 99k's. Even I record dived Tidus and hit around 80k's with OSB more often with normal buff/debuff set up and that's with enwater from BSB and Quina's hairpin. I recently pulled Rikku's dagger from the nightmare celerity banner and its imperial water makes it easier to do consistent 99k's in ultimates but I have to give up 1 slot to fit in Rikku and she's not a S-tier character but it works well together, especially in FFX dungeons.

When bosses have weakness to your OSB, that's when they're most requested in multiplayer and as RW.

I say give it a shot, it will work nicely with your BSB. If no luck, try again when it comes back 6-8 months from now or something.

If it means no pulls in XIV, I would reconsider, since XIV banner is god-tier and will give you further mileage than an OSB piece.

The disappointing part about OSB's? They do like 10k-20k in d200 apocalypse fights without boss weakness, proper buffs set up, ew.

Wooohoooo can't wait to pull and see my fate!!!!!!

Appreciate your post, I welcome other lurkers to post here also!

Good luck with your XIV pull(s)!

Even if you don't get Y'shtola's BSB, you will end up with a better than average relic still. Also can always try again when Y'shtola's BSB comes back in a future banner and it's a safe bet it will pop again several times.

friz898

I emptied the roulette wheel on the first day, lol.

Luckily I didn't need hardly anything from Phase 2, so the past 2 days I've been spamming story dungeons non-stop. Yesterday I think I did nothing but spam story dungeons for about 9 continuous hours.

I'm up from 118 stamina at the start of Orbfest to 140 right now. Ready to bring on the Power Orbs. I made a spreadsheet that shows I'll need 271 refreshes to get all the Major Power Orbs I need, lol.

It could be 272 refreshes!

Jokes aside, I keep a spreadsheet on various FFRK stuff that I created for myself. I went hard the first round on Summon orbs, didn't need the other two at all. On the current round, I only need Dark orbs, but not enough to spend mithril, so just using what stamina I have. I have finished all story which puts me at 178, but I do lack the 100,000 choco-green stamina ones. 180 is a perfect number for dailies since you can do all three rounds twice and then put your phone down for 6 hours.

But yes, like you, for the power orbs, I'm going to spend every waking minute when not engaged IRL demands constantly spamming that thing. in the year plus I've been playing without any break, I've never once thought to myself "ok, well good on power orbs for a while".

Anustart

It could be 272 refreshes!

Jokes aside, I keep a spreadsheet on various FFRK stuff that I created for myself. I went hard the first round on Summon orbs, didn't need the other two at all. On the current round, I only need Dark orbs, but not enough to spend mithril, so just using what stamina I have. I have finished all story which puts me at 178, but I do lack the 100,000 choco-green stamina ones. 180 is a perfect number for dailies since you can do all three rounds twice and then put your phone down for 6 hours.

But yes, like you, for the power orbs, I'm going to spend every waking minute when not engaged IRL demands constantly spamming that thing. in the year plus I've been playing without any break, I've never once thought to myself "ok, well good on power orbs for a while".

178? I have 175 and I'm only missing the shards from the store, which is 9, and that would max me at 176...

LucaMac

I pulled it today in Japan (so 6 months ish out from where we are in global.)

Admittedly it was on a ridiculous banner. One time. One pull. Guaranteed OSB. Insane. Brings my Japan OSB total to Terra, Hope, Cloud, Squall and Tidus.

Global I have zero OSBs.

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
I got Terra's Overstrike and the instant party heal from a single 11-pull - awww yeeeee.

I now have Wall, a couple good Medica options (this one + Yuna's Regen-granting one), and a couple Hastega options (including Sazh's Hastega+Shellga). Plus Full Break.

...and yet despite all this I can't seem to cleat ANY Ultimate content, including the current Frost boss. I'm not really sure what I'm missing. I can clear about a third of his health but then his RES-piercing magic just burns through me faster than I can heal.

I've used Retaliate to clear pretty much everything in the game (minus Ults), so I feel like that dulled my skills and forced me to never make a real party or explore various skill combos.

I see videos of a lvl 50-60 party with nothing super special clearing the Ultimate but my stacked party can't seem to get it done. Not sure.

I have the Orbs and pretty decent synergy... I should probably just quit using Retaliate cold turkey and actually learn the game.

I got Terra's Overstrike and the instant party heal from a single 11-pull - awww yeeeee.

I now have Wall, a couple good Medica options (this one + Yuna's Regen-granting one), and a couple Hastega options (including Sazh's Hastega+Shellga). Plus Full Break.

...and yet despite all this I can't seem to cleat ANY Ultimate content, including the current Frost boss. I'm not really sure what I'm missing. I can clear about a third of his health but then his RES-piercing magic just burns through me faster than I can heal.

I've used Retaliate to clear pretty much everything in the game (minus Ults), so I feel like that dulled my skills and forced me to never make a real party or explore various skill combos.

I see videos of a lvl 50-60 party with nothing super special clearing the Ultimate but my stacked party can't seem to get it done. Not sure.

I have the Orbs and pretty decent synergy... I should probably just quit using Retaliate cold turkey and actually learn the game.

Its time to retire retailate and move into the shout/vassal of fate meta my friend

Your team should be either 4 offensive fighters and a healer or 4 mages and a healer. Breakdowns, lifesiphon, and other 5 star abilities for physical teams; mage teams get 4-5 star aja/chain spells and dances.

Spam to fill ssb/bsb/osb and nuke the boss down when they get into a dangerous phase.

thedan001

Its time to retire retailate and move into the shout/vassal of fate meta my friend

Your team should be either 4 offensive fighters and a healer or 4 mages and a healer. Breakdowns, lifesiphon, and other 5 star abilities for physical teams; mage teams get 4-5 star aja/chain spells and dances.

Spam to fill ssb/bsb/osb and nuke the boss down when they get into a dangerous phase.

BassForever pretty much summed it up

Also, I notice you didn't post anything about boostga, have you tried using Shout or Fate of Vessel yet?

Try using Shout as a RW along with BassForever's post

Or with Ward of 4 Crystal ice boss, use Terra OSB with Fate of Vessel RW for the magic/physical boostga

Got Glorious Armguard, Artemis Bow, Seraphim's Mace, and an off-banner relic Killer Bow for Fran which has -Atk, -Mag #610. This seems like kind of amazing Relic? Since it's 610, it stacks with Full Break (609) as well as Breakdowns (603 or 601).

For Ultimates, I could bring in Wakka with Glorious Armguard (#609), a Support unit with Magic Breakdown (#603) and Fran with Killer Bow (610), a RW with Wall, and a healer with Shellga and I'd basically be taking no magic damage at all.

To top it off, the Killer Bow has 3% Instant KO chance (although I suspect it wouldn't work on bosses)

Another trash 100 gem pull and the banner is just not good, pass.
Same here.

I'm just anxious for it to be Saturday already. I have enough to do 2 XIV pulls immediately + bonus and other mythril income should allow for a third or fourth by the time it is over.

WarAdept

Got Glorious Armguard, Artemis Bow, Seraphim's Mace, and an off-banner relic Killer Bow for Fran which has -Atk, -Mag #610. This seems like kind of amazing Relic? Since it's 610, it stacks with Full Break (609) as well as Breakdowns (603 or 601).

For Ultimates, I could bring in Wakka with Glorious Armguard (#609), a Support unit with Magic Breakdown (#603) and Fran with Killer Bow (610), a RW with Wall, and a healer with Shellga and I'd basically be taking no magic damage at all.

To top it off, the Killer Bow has 3% Instant KO chance (although I suspect it wouldn't work on bosses)

All 610's are amazing. Shatterheart, despite being an old SB, has the benefit of it being AoE, where a lot of 610s are ST.

This banner is taunting me. I have Tidus' BSB, so Apoc would be great and I love Luneth. Quistis Save the Queen is a fantastic mage BSB, and Braskas Summoners Dream syncs the best out of the 3 mage meta buffs with Vessel...

...but I have Porom/Freya/Tyro stuff from the banner already.

thedan001

I got Braska's High Summoner's Robe SSB from 100 gem pull

How should I fit this into my mage team?

Seems kick out Krile and put Braske in with Onion Knight BSB to cover hastega

Tidd

I'm a little bit confused how to equip Kain for his BSB and need a little help. 3x LS --> BSB --> Command 1 --> 2x Lightning Dive --> repeat without LS is more or less the tactic with him.

I know that his BSB spear gives him a small boost to lightning. But is it better if I aim for the element boost with low ATK (without RS and with his spear I can get him to around 380 ATK) or should I aim for the RS boost. In this case I could get him to 480 ATK but lose the lightning boost. Is the extra ATK worth the loss of the boost? HELP ME, PLS!
I don't like FFRK math ;__;

I've done easily 300 orbfest runs and this is a first

RjGukwWl.jpg

WarAdept

I'm a little bit confused how to equip Kain for his BSB and need a little help. 3x LS --> BSB --> Command 1 --> 2x Lightning Dive --> repeat without LS is more or less the tactic with him.

I know that his BSB spear gives him a small boost to lightning. But is it better if I aim for the element boost with low ATK (without RS and with his spear I can get him to around 380 ATK) or should I aim for the RS boost. In this case I could get him to 480 ATK but lose the lightning boost. Is the extra ATK worth the loss of the boost? HELP ME, PLS!
I don't like FFRK math ;__;

At ~390 Atk with +50% Atk boostga, the 20% element boost will always outdamage the extra attack power.

Tidd

At ~390 Atk with +50% Atk boostga, the 20% element boost will always outdamage the extra attack power.

Thanks!
I did some more research regarding caps and stuff now and it seems like it's pretty stupid to use Shout and OK BSB on a pure physical team if you can reach the soft cap with Shout only? I..It's not like I did this sometimes... :( The math stuff was so much easier when I had to use Shout as a RW. :p

Always great that you can still learn something. :)

Adeptrain

I can't believe my luck with this osbfest!
Phase 1: 1 multipull... Got Terra osb.
Phase 2: I have too many of the relics... Just the 100gem pull..... Got Tidus Osb oO_o_O

thedan001

I can't believe my luck with this osbfest!
Phase 1: 1 multipull... Got Terra osb.
Phase 2: I have too many of the relics... Just the 100gem pull..... Got Tidus Osb oO_o_O

Almost similar to mine

100 gem pull Tidus OSB when it first came out
2x 11 pull for Terra OSB

WarAdept

Thanks!
I did some more research regarding caps and stuff now and it seems like it's pretty stupid to use Shout and OK BSB on a pure physical team if you can reach the soft cap with Shout only? I..It's not like I did this sometimes... :( The math stuff was so much easier when I had to use Shout as a RW. :p

Always great that you can still learn something. :)

You still get a damage boost, but it's obviously nowhere near as much as the damage you get when you're under soft cap.

If you want to maximise physical damage nowadays, stack a +50% Atk and a +50% crit boostaga like Eikos BSB.

Anustart

CM done for V! First one, woo. Had no sb for Faris but had to bring her for armor and power break down.

No boost or hastega, though I could have haste'd with sheep song, chose to use tomorrow's promise. No medals lost.

590 is the attack softcap, right? So 30% Boost needs 454 attack, 50% Boost needs 394 attack and 80% Boost needs 328 attack, right? Once 590 is hit, damage % boosts make a much larger difference, correct?

Also, how do the numbers breakdown for MAG boosting vs % Damage increases (Elements, RM, etc...)? The softcap there is far higher, iirc.

Balphon

MAG soft-cap is 1055, so Devotion is best at MAG levels below 900 or so. Past that the +30% element/weakness damage RMs are always better than anything else.

The +15% and +13% MAG RMs are better than +20% damage ones for MAG < 900~, if you have them.

NIN magic softcap is still 370 so you're basically always best off with Hardened Assassin.

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
BassForever pretty much summed it up

Also, I notice you didn't post anything about boostga, have you tried using Shout or Fate of Vessel yet?

Try using Shout as a RW along with BassForever's post

Or with Ward of 4 Crystal ice boss, use Terra OSB with Fate of Vessel RW for the magic/physical boostga

Thanks. I have several Shout friends on my list but no Fate of Vessel. I've never heard of it in fact - I don't really read up on the game much - just kinda pop in and get up to speed on the current meta every 6 months or so and clear what I can (which is usually everything before Ultimates).

I know I said I had plenty of Orbs, but I doubt I have enough to go all-mage - I have just one of each -ja spell honed up to 6 or 8 - don't typically need it.

I'll look into it and see how much I can do :)

Against my better judgement I did a three pull on Banner 2, and got nothing. Then I decided to do one more three pull and I got Quistis's BSB!! Finally something I wanted! It's been a while.

This OSB fest is getting me to spend more Mythril than I planned though. I'll need to be extra frugal these last three banners.

Ahnez

Against any common sense I had left, I did an 11 pull

Got a dupe SG, but also TWO OSBs

.. I need +water armor now

Also, is there any reason to not combine the SGs?

greyshark

I got Braska's High Summoner's Robe SSB from 100 gem pull

How should I fit this into my mage team?

Seems kick out Krile and put Braske in with Onion Knight BSB to cover hastega

The only difference between them is Krile gives you Hastega while Braska gives you Short Charge - if you have VoF the choice is an obvious one (Braska).

Also, is there any reason to not combine the SGs?

Not that you'd use it anyway, but combine away. You'll never have 2 book users on your team at once.

Dragner

Now you have alphinaud and OK that can equip books, but OK can equip basically anything so you will never equip him a tyro book unless some day we have core events.

Same for alphinaud, his burst book is better than SG anyway.

Anustart

Working on getting Vaan, Basch and Gabranth leveled up.

Should be able to do CM's in 5, 9, 12 and 13 afterwards.

I have basically no relics for all other realms. 1 or 2 in each maybe, and a lot are unique and nothing special.

So this will never happen again, but I was looking at Banner 2 this morning and thought "Nothing standing out, but I'll pull anyway because it would be funny if I got another Gungnir," then I took my $1 pull and..... GUNGNIR. Followed by an IMMEDIATE depletion of 5000 greens.

My Luneth be based so based.

friz898

941am where I live, and I've been going strong since 6am.

Already 5 mythril refreshes down.

Two Questions:

1. Do you guys just grind a particular one over and over or do you finish all 3 battles for the 40,000 gil at the end and just deal with the loading all the screens again?

2. Is fight 1 or 2 on this orbfest anymore higher chance for Major Power Orbs? I know the dailies are like this, but being orbfest and having 3 different gems, I wasn't sure.

Happy Power Gem Hunting Folks!

Pejo

So this will never happen again, but I was looking at Banner 2 this morning and thought "Nothing standing out, but I'll pull anyway because it would be funny if I got another Gungnir," then I took my $1 pull and..... GUNGNIR. Followed by an IMMEDIATE depletion of 5000 greens.

My Luneth be based so based.

That's a great feeling. I did that once on a Jecht banner. My $1 pull on Banner 2 actually got me a (duplicate) SG. I'd have been super pumped if I didn't already have 3 of them.

1. Do you guys just grind a particular one over and over or do you finish all 3 battles for the 40,000 gil at the end and just deal with the loading all the screens again?

2. Is fight 1 or 2 on this orbfest anymore higher chance for Major Power Orbs? I know the dailies are like this, but being orbfest and having 3 different gems, I wasn't sure.
1. Gil has a purpose again with reforging, better to deal with a few seconds of loading to pad out.

2. Orbfest individual stages don't favor any orbs outside of what the minis drop, which is fairly not important.

Looking for some advice on how to handle this earth boss. Here's what I have available.

Characters:
Galuf 80/80 (BSB)
Gilgamesh 80/80 (OSB + BSB)
Krile 80/80 (BSB)
Terra 80/80 (OSB)
Relm 80/80 (SSB Medica)
Tyro 80/80 w/ SG
Cid 80/80 (SSB Big Brawl)
Fran 65/65 (SB Shatterheart #610 Debuff)
Exdeath 65/65 (SB Grand Cross and SSB)
Wakka 50/50 (BSB Assault Reels)

Luneth 80/80
Palom 80/80
Faris 80/80
Dorgann 80/80
Cloud 80/80
Zack 66/80
Lenna 65/65
Bartz 65/65
Shadow 65/65
Red XIII 65/65
Rinoa 65/65
Tidus 65/65
Ramza 65/65
Edgar 65/65 (SSB)
Reno 65/65
Warrior of Light 65/65

MC2 Lodes: 2
MC3 Lodes: 1 (I can get another from Bartz and another in 2 days for the login bonus)

Abilities:
Lifesiphon R2
Lifesiphon R4
Magic Breakdown R2
Armor Breakdown R2
Mental Breakdown R2
Power Breakdown R4
Full Charge R1
Various Spellstrikes R2-R4
All -ja spells R4
Curaja R4
Shellga R2
Protectga R4
Bahamut R1
Alexander R1
Wind Jump R2
Blood of the Wyvern R2
Banishing Strike R2
Multi-Break R1

Notable Gear:
Cid's Goggles (+Wind Dmg)

What additional abilities / hones should I aim for? Obviously Full Break. I need to wait for Phase 4 and then I can get that to R2. What else? What about Tornado Strike? There aren't a lot of real options for wind damage.

I'm thinking something like this

Fran (Full Break, Armor Breakdown)
Tyro (Magic Breakdown, Aerora Strike or Tornado Strike)
Gilgamesh (Wind Jump, Lifesiphon)
Cid (Wind Jump, Lifesiphon)
Relm (Curaja, Shellra)

RW Finishing Touch, Eternal Wind, or Stellar Circle 5

ricardobisa

Neo Member
This or brave exvius ?
I started brave and im really liking the sprites and gameplay.
But what about content and f2p ?
Which is more fair etc ?

This or brave exvius ?
Which is more fair etc ?

Holy shit man, don't even get me started. Brave Exvius's gacha is a straight up scam.

Imagine spending $500 and getting absolutely nothing useful. Then imagine spending $500 and cleaning out the entire gacha of everything that's in it, multiple times over.

The first one is BE, the second one is RK

Oh, also imagine a game where the meta-game literally involves not playing, and where every minute spent actually playing is actively hurting your progress. That's also BE

Xetherion

You still get a damage boost, but it's obviously nowhere near as much as the damage you get when you're under soft cap.

If you want to maximise physical damage nowadays, stack a +50% Atk and a +50% crit boostaga like Eikos BSB.

What RW should i use if i have both of those native as well as HotE? Should I even bother using HotE since I also have Leon's Burst?

I was thinking about running a physical team with those 3 buffs and RW VoF, but now it sounds like VoF wouldn't really do much for me and i may not even want to use HotE.

Looking for some advice on how to handle this earth boss. Here's what I have available.

Characters:
Galuf 80/80 (BSB)
Gilgamesh 80/80 (OSB + BSB)
Krile 80/80 (BSB)
Terra 80/80 (OSB)
Relm 80/80 (SSB Medica)
Tyro 80/80 w/ SG
Cid 80/80 (SSB Big Brawl)
Fran 65/65 (SB Shatterheart #610 Debuff)
Exdeath 65/65 (SB Grand Cross and SSB)
Wakka 50/50 (BSB Assault Reels)

Luneth 80/80
Palom 80/80
Faris 80/80
Dorgann 80/80
Cloud 80/80
Zack 66/80
Lenna 65/65
Bartz 65/65
Shadow 65/65
Red XIII 65/65
Rinoa 65/65
Tidus 65/65
Ramza 65/65
Edgar 65/65 (SSB)
Reno 65/65
Warrior of Light 65/65

MC2 Lodes: 2
MC3 Lodes: 1 (I can get another from Bartz and another in 2 days for the login bonus)

Abilities:
Lifesiphon R2
Lifesiphon R4
Magic Breakdown R2
Armor Breakdown R2
Mental Breakdown R2
Power Breakdown R4
Full Charge R1
Various Spellstrikes R2-R4
All -ja spells R4
Curaja R4
Shellga R2
Protectga R4
Bahamut R1
Alexander R1
Wind Jump R2
Blood of the Wyvern R2
Banishing Strike R2
Multi-Break R1

Notable Gear:
Cid's Goggles (+Wind Dmg)

What additional abilities / hones should I aim for? Obviously Full Break. I need to wait for Phase 4 and then I can get that to R2. What else? What about Tornado Strike? There aren't a lot of real options for wind damage.

I'm thinking something like this

Fran (Full Break, Armor Breakdown)
Tyro (Magic Breakdown, Aerora Strike or Tornado Strike)
Gilgamesh (Wind Jump, Lifesiphon)
Cid (Wind Jump, Lifesiphon)
Relm (Curaja, Shellra)

RW Finishing Touch, Eternal Wind, or Stellar Circle 5

I don't see a wall, protectga, or power breakdown. You're going to get smacked by his counters. Also boostga will probably be more helpful than an offensive BSSB for your RW.

This or brave exvius ?
Which is more fair etc ?
I have not played Brave Exvius because of how poor I hear it is (outside of the sprite work, natch).

Record Keeper looks/feels cheap, but it's a great game and the gacha is decent enough (especially nowadays).

Actually, you won't even need good gacha pulls in Record Keeper until you start tackling end-game event content, and by that time you will have probably pulled a good item or two.

I don't see a wall, protectga, or power breakdown. You're going to get smacked by his counters. Also boostga will probably be more helpful than an offensive BSSB for your RW.

Tyro has Sentinel Grimoire. I didn't add Power Breakdown because Full Break should cover it, and Fran's Shatterheart is a 610 which reduces ATK and MAG stacking with Full Break. Supposedly you can also blind him but that never worked for me when I tried so I dropped that.

So you think Shout would be better? One reason I was thinking something like Stellar Circle 5 is because it includes Imperil Wind. But I don't know the math well enough to know if Imperil Wind leads to more damage than ATK+50%

Edit: I just did another pull on the Keeper's Choice v2 and finally got the Platinum Sword, so obviously the correct answer now is to take Ramza to 80 so I have native Shout+Wall, then I can use an offensive BSB. I also chose the Oath Veil as the free relic, so now I can give that to Gilgamesh and have +Wind Damage on two characters. I wonder who to give the two gauge filling RMs to though. Probably Tyro so he can get an SG off immediately, then maybe Relm for the Medica?

Top Bottom