• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT3| When having no onions makes you cry

Ahnez

Tyro has Sentinel Grimoire. I didn't add Power Breakdown because Full Break should cover it, and Fran's Shatterheart is a 610 which reduces ATK and MAG stacking with Full Break. Supposedly you can also blind him but that never worked for me when I tried so I dropped that.

So you think Shout would be better? One reason I was thinking something like Stellar Circle 5 is because it includes Imperil Wind. But I don't know the math well enough to know if Imperil Wind leads to more damage than ATK+50%
Imperil doesn't work like that, unfortunately

There is a scale between -10 and 20, -10 being absorb (-100% dmg), 0 being null, 10 being normal dmg (100% dmg), and 20 being weak (200% dmg)

(edit: AND resist is 5)

Imperil adds 2 to the scale.

This boss is already at 20, so Imperil will do nothing

thedan001

Tyro has Sentinel Grimoire. I didn't add Power Breakdown because Full Break should cover it, and Fran's Shatterheart is a 610 which reduces ATK and MAG stacking with Full Break. Supposedly you can also blind him but that never worked for me when I tried so I dropped that.

So you think Shout would be better? One reason I was thinking something like Stellar Circle 5 is because it includes Imperil Wind. But I don't know the math well enough to know if Imperil Wind leads to more damage than ATK+50%

Power Breakdown, Shatterheart, and Full/Multi Break should stack

Shout might help since it increases all outgoing damage

Hastega is a form of mitigation as well

Balphon

Due to the way it functions Imperil is not optimal unless the enemy is neutral to the element in question and weak to nothing.

This or brave exvius ?
I started brave and im really liking the sprites and gameplay.
But what about content and f2p ?
Which is more fair etc ?

Avoid grave exvius like a plague. All it does is take your money. The worst part is when people say that it is "fair" and "they give you so much compared to other gacha games".

Well the first is arguable, but the second is flat not true. Record keeper and Puzzle and dragons give you so much more compared to the grind and frustration that brave exvius puts you through.

Edit: starting two weeks sober from Brave Exvius and it's a great feeling... I'm just a lot happier in my life now

Holy shit man, don't even get me started. Brave Exvius's gacha is a straight up scam.

Imagine spending $500 and getting absolutely nothing useful. Then imagine spending $500 and cleaning out the entire gacha of everything that's in it, multiple times over.

The first one is BE, the second one is RK

Oh, also imagine a game where the meta-game literally involves not playing, and where every minute spent actually playing is actively hurting your progress. That's also BE

There's also the fact that FFRK is a significantly less of a time investment. Or rather, it respects your time more. Can't log in for a few days? That's fine. Miss a hero? Here's 20 Souls of Heroes to grab them. Don't feel like doing a Ultimate or Ultimate+ boss for this event? That's okay, they're really just for fun, and you'd only get more Crystals/Orbs but you're not permanently penalized. Miss a relic? Don't worry, there's always *fest banners! DeNA made a typo in the German version of the game on a 1* skill no one uses? Free Mythril!

FFBE is the deeper game, and I enjoy the story aspect, but it's poorly designed and a horrible value proposition. FFRK is just a more polished experience and I'm happy to support the developer with 100 gem pulls.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Really noobish question:

What's better between farming the Easy mode of orbfest stages hoping for Cactuars, and farming the + mode?

Ahnez

Edit: I just did another pull on the Keeper's Choice v2 and finally got the Platinum Sword, so obviously the correct answer now is to take Ramza to 80 so I have native Shout+Wall, then I can use an offensive BSB. I also chose the Oath Veil as the free relic, so now I can give that to Gilgamesh and have +Wind Damage on two characters. I wonder who to give the two gauge filling RMs to though. Probably Tyro so he can get an SG off immediately, then maybe Relm for the Medica?
Oh, didn't see this edit

I would give them to Tyro and Ramza.

Then you will have Wall, Boostga and Hastega up.

Turn 1 medica is not really that good in most cases

Dragner

Really noobish question:

What's better between farming the Easy mode of orbfest stages hoping for Cactuars, and farming the + mode?

The easy mode has an abysmal rate for cactuars, and it drops lesser orbs instead of 3 * so its not really good.

Syntsui

This or brave exvius ?
I started brave and im really liking the sprites and gameplay.
But what about content and f2p ?
Which is more fair etc ?
Brave Exvius is the better game, Record Keeper is the better Gacha.

The rate for 5* base on Brave Exvius is atrociously low. Record Keeper is easily the fairest game, for pulls and for free currency distributed.

I'm having a better time here at the moment, I got OP too fast in Brave Exvius and the content is not amusing right now.

thedan001

Looking for some advice on how to handle this earth boss. Here's what I have available.

I'm thinking something like this

Fran (Full Break, Armor Breakdown)
Tyro (Magic Breakdown, Aerora Strike or Tornado Strike)
Gilgamesh (Wind Jump, Lifesiphon)
Cid (Wind Jump, Lifesiphon)
Relm (Curaja, Shellra)

RW Finishing Touch, Eternal Wind, or Stellar Circle 5

Edit: I just did another pull on the Keeper's Choice v2 and finally got the Platinum Sword, so obviously the correct answer now is to take Ramza to 80 so I have native Shout+Wall, then I can use an offensive BSB. I also chose the Oath Veil as the free relic, so now I can give that to Gilgamesh and have +Wind Damage on two characters. I wonder who to give the two gauge filling RMs to though. Probably Tyro so he can get an SG off immediately, then maybe Relm for the Medica?

Congratulations on having access to native trinity, BSB medica would top it off nicely.

Thinking about it some more, it might be possible to get away without Power Breakdown if you have Gilgamesh tauntilate all of the boss physicals.

Mako Might to Ramza and Dr. Mog's Teachings to Tyro, have them SB asap.

I assume you replaced Fran with Ramza, give him Full Break. Tyro should carry both Magic and Power (or Armor) Breakdowns. By the time Wall expires, he will have full SB ready to rewall if you keep using breakdowns to build up SB gauge.

Earth Boss has 300k HP, so an offensive RW seems a good option. Have your strongest dps wear Cid's Goggles and Luneth BSB RW after debuffs land.

Another idea is to have Exdeath in and have him use Grand Cross (runic SB) to absorb all the magic spells from the boss to make it easier, I normally use Celes for this reason and put a 6* ability like Snowspell Strike on her.

I tried checking AI on this boss but it doesn't say if the boss uses aoe or single target spells, I know Earthquake is aoe. Just curious myself if runic is useful or not.

gl cpp, you should be able to get the win.

WarAdept

What RW should i use if i have both of those native as well as HotE? Should I even bother using HotE since I also have Leon's Burst?

I was thinking about running a physical team with those 3 buffs and RW VoF, but now it sounds like VoF wouldn't really do much for me and i may not even want to use HotE.

Up to you. Feel like bringing native Atk/Crit Boostga? Run Keeper's Tome, save 2 ability slots and power up someone further with Burst +20% stats and great Burst commands. Or run Wall. Or a high physical DPS Burst like Refia/Zell. Maybe Vaan for super mitigation or an Instant Medica like Vanilles for when shit hits the fan.

Or just don't bring one natively and just RW one of those buffs. Replace that would be character with the SB with someone else who would contribute far more DPS.

Congratulations on having access to native trinity, BSB medica would top it off nicely.

I will have BSB medica once the FFXIV banner hits if it's the last thing I do :)

Let's just assume that I have Alphinaud and Y'shtola's BSB for the sake of this earth dungeon, since I'm going to dump all my Mythril at it.

thedan001

I will have BSB medica once the FFXIV banner hits if it's the last thing I do :)

Let's just assume that I have Alphinaud and Y'shtola's BSB for the sake of this earth dungeon, since I'm going to dump all my Mythril at it.

Never assume this :p

Murphy's Law trolls these type of assumptions the most

(this is a superstitious post)

I tried him once already, he uses both, but majority are AoE.

Aw, alright. Good to know.

Just curious, if you wipe and use a mythril, does it restore your soul break gauge? So in theory you could get max soul break gauge just from wiping enough times?

Could cheese it that way in the worst case scenario just by spamming everyone's SB 3 times on consecutive turns.

Just curious, if you wipe and use a mythril, does it restore your soul break gauge? So in theory you could get max soul break gauge just from wiping enough times?

Could cheese it that way in the worst case scenario.

Another way to cheese it, depending on boss, is to attack once and then flee, especially for bosses that self-buff in round 1.

Could cheese it that way in the worst case scenario just by spamming everyone's SB 3 times on consecutive turns.
The problem with that is that the fight restarts and the boss starts at full HP. You do get a random 10% stat buff to one of your party members. I'm not sure if you get a full soul gauge for everyone.

Well, I brought Luneth with his SSB and Aerora Strike R5 since I haven't won enough dexterity motes to record dive him for spellblade 5 and brought Zidane's Stellar 5 which was a mistake since its already weak to wind. Whoops. Should have brought Cloud instead.
I still wrecked face with it and took down the Earth Guardian. Imperil Wind did nothing for me though.

Anustart

The problem with that is that the fight restarts and the boss starts at full HP. You do get a random 10% stat buff to one of your party members. I'm not sure if you get a full soul gauge for everyone.

Well, I brought Luneth with his SSB and Aerora Strike R5 since I haven't won enough dexterity motes to record dive him for spellblade 5 and brought Zidane's Stellar 5 which was a mistake since its already weak to wind. Whoops. Should have brought Cloud instead.
I still wrecked face with it and took down the Earth Guardian. Imperil Wind did nothing for me though.

The hits itself are wind though. Who cares if the imperil portion didn't do anything.

Isn't the 10% buff to all party members?

But yea, I was mostly just thinking that if everyone gets a bar on their SB gauge for free, you could use 3 mythril to start everyone with full SB gauges, then just spam all my wind based SBs or OSBs like Big Brawl, Strange Bedfellow, etc and he would probably melt pretty quickly.

Still though, I think I can take him down normally, especially now that I got Platinum Sword. Just need to wait for Lightning Orbs on Saturday to create Full Break, and then pull on the XIV banner to get Alphinaud and Y'shtola's BSBs.

No, it does not restore it, but you do get to keep what you had; you can build up some gauges, Myhrtil revive and start out loaded.

If you are close, don't shy from using a Mythril or three to give you the last needed edge, the Major Orbs are generally worth it.

greyshark

Isn't the 10% buff to all party members?

But yea, I was mostly just thinking that if everyone gets a bar on their SB gauge for free, you could use 3 mythril to start everyone with full SB gauges, then just spam all my wind based SBs or OSBs like Big Brawl, Strange Bedfellow, etc and he would probably melt pretty quickly.

Still though, I think I can take him down normally, especially now that I got Platinum Sword. Just need to wait for Lightning Orbs on Saturday to create Full Break, and then pull on the XIV banner to get Alphinaud and Y'shtola's BSBs.

There's also the hit-and-run tactic:

Have 4 members attack and your healer heal whoever gets attacked in the first round
Flee immediately with gained SB
Re-enter fight with your gained SB meter and repeat until SB bars are full

Each attempt will cost you the stamina required for the fight, but the 1 STAM fights are ideal for this. I've personally never used the strategy but it is a way to get essentially free SB meter. You'd also free up 2 RM slots for whoever was using Mako Might etc.

There's also the hit-and-run tactic:

Have 4 members attack and your healer heal whoever gets attacked in the first round
Flee immediately with gained SB
Re-enter fight with your gained SB meter and repeat until SB bars are full

Each attempt will cost you the stamina required for the fight, but the 1 STAM fights are ideal for this. I've personally never used the strategy but it is a way to get essentially free SB meter. You'd also free up 2 RM slots for whoever was using Mako Might etc.

Adding to this if you get hit you can s/l til you get an attempt where you don't get hit. This only works on bosses that don't start with a free attack.

Mknzy

Firion's BSB is incredibly fun in multiplayer. It takes a bit to ramp up, but once you are throwing 8 hits every turn...the damage builds up fast! Question. Right now I am running a 99 Tyro as a white mage in the second spot, to give the raid SG, then giving him Curaja and whatever else would be handy. Would it be better to run Eiko with her BSB in the second slot and double down on healing, rather than bringing lighter healing and mitigation?

Firion's BSB is incredibly fun in multiplayer. It takes a bit to ramp up, but once you are throwing 8 hits every turn...the damage builds up fast! Question. Right now I am running a 99 Tyro as a white mage in the second spot, to give the raid SG, then giving him Curaja and whatever else would be handy. Would it be better to run Eiko with her BSB in the second slot and double down on healing, rather than bringing lighter healing and mitigation?

If nobody has wall your raid team will be very sad

thedan001

I do same thing but along with Rosa's SSB and using wrath if no healing is needed. Great for magic aoe spammer bosses with dual magic blinkers.

At one point I got Reaping Scythe and Death Throes from some story dungeons. Is it reasonable to consider shattering these? I honestly don't see myself ever using them, is there going to be a time when these abilities are make or break?

WarAdept

At one point I got Reaping Scythe and Death Throes from some story dungeons. Is it reasonable to consider shattering these? I honestly don't see myself ever using them, is there going to be a time when these abilities are make or break?

Physical darkness skills have trouble synergising well with things/come with fairly significant downsides. They're not great.

I'd forgotten that the Oath Veil has +Wind and now I reallllly want a 3rd Gungnir to make a 5*+++. Wish this banner didn't end before the FFXIV drops as I'd rather try my luck there first.

edit: Did some quick math and I can still hit the new soft cap with Luneth with a +30 ATK accessory so long as I use Dark Bargain. I'll want that 3rd spear for when the cap is raised again, but I should be good for a while. Hopefully it pops up again.

Kinda want to pull on this OSB banner, mainly for another shot at SG. I have SS2, but Tyro's Wall would give me some extra flexibility. I have 300 Mythril right now, but I already have Luneth's BSB and Braska's SSB...

MrDaravon

oh my goooood at this Roulette, I already have enough chips to get everything, just let me push a button to get everything and skip this bullshit

Gahh, I hate myself. The above post made me remember that Gungnir is on this banner and has a wind-based BSB on it. So what did I do? Did I show restraint and just try to beat the Guardian of Earth with what I have? Of course not! I did another 11 pull... (luckily I got Gungnir though)

Anustart

My 11 pull luck is pretty shit. Always 1 or 2/11. I once got 3/11 and was pretty stoked.

Most of my good stuff comes from yolo 1 or 3 pulls.

Kyari

The more I play FFXV, the more sad I am that we're not getting that Noctis mini event on Global. What a wasted opportunity that was on DeNA's part :/

The more I play FFXV, the more sad I am that we're not getting that Noctis mini event on Global. What a wasted opportunity that was on DeNA's part :/

We'll get him and woff... 6 months from now at the same time they released in the Japanese life span.

thedan001

We'll get him and woff... 6 months from now at the same time they released in the Japanese life span.

I'm salty FFXI collab was skipped for global.

I'm crazy for FFXI as Wazzy is for FFVIII, I played it for 10+ years.

Ayame, one day we will reunite!

Kenai

I'm salty FFXI collab was skipped for global.

I'm crazy for FFXI as Wazzy is for FFVIII, I played it for 10+ years.

Ayame, one day we will reunite!

I played FFXI for years too and we are more likely to get a Galka like Zeid or Zazarg than any of the Roes from FFXIV (except maaaaybe the Admiral) so i am pretty salty they haven't been throwing 11 many bones either.

We will probably get them added randomly via story dungeons or an unrelated event the same way we got Shantotto.

thedan001

Hmm, I vaguely recall an Ayame. Were you on Valefor server?

I meant the Bastok NPC, sorry if it was vague.

I loved the ninja job quest with Ayame and her sister.

I lost my original account from identity theft hack, 2 years down the drain. Started over a new account, then lost it to a keylogger. Started over again, then had to take a break from the game for a year due to irl issues. Came back and forgot my account info, lost it during a move.

Guess what? Started over again! I'm playing still on Asura server, and finished Aegis shield, that was a goal that took many years across multiple accounts to finally accomplish.

I love FFXI, and yes I know the game has aged, lol.

Top Bottom