• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT3| When having no onions makes you cry

Kain

Even though I have Lunneth's BSSB I had trouble with the fucking Lich. I went full dps-yolo-don't-give-a-fuck and he handed my ass a couple of times with 7K Firajas and 5Ks Earthquakes. Once the mitigation was up it became a walk in the park, but those two, three times he destroyed me will stay forever.

Bottom line: don't be overconfident no matter your relics.

You'll eventually get everything so just keep orb festing and roulette spinning.
Using all the stamina I can but not refreshing once it's looking like it will be a pretty close call for me. At the start of this third phase I counted the items I has left and was over 50% of the way there so I should just about make it.

friz898

oh my goooood at this Roulette, I already have enough chips to get everything, just let me push a button to get everything and skip this bullshit

(Not to be mean to nitpicky or complainer'ish but!)

What kinda irritated me was the total of like 4 animations they put in for it. I mean, I'm guess I should be glad they "put in so much work" for something free or extra, it's just that I got so tired of seeing it "almost hit gold" and "always go around and hit that white on the right" over and over!

Edit: 22 Mythril spent on refreshes yesterday, and I think I only ended up with 5 or 6 Major Power Orbs. Not many Wind either although I don't need those. Black though? Hell I must have had like 14-15 of those. Geez. Lets hope today is better.

rlNaM6sh.jpg
Thanks mr cactuar

Kyari

I'm salty FFXI collab was skipped for global.

I'm crazy for FFXI as Wazzy is for FFVIII, I played it for 10+ years.

Ayame, one day we will reunite!

Same. The fact that it was a Grandmasters collab and not an FFXI event is just so dumb. Just retool it slightly :(

Likewise I worry that the special nature of Noct will somehow result in him getting skipped.

9 Mythril down, and already gotten 4 Major Power Orbs. Better luck than yesterday for sure so far.

I need exactly 0 wind, but yesterday I got literally 7 major wind in a row. Absolutely infuriating lol. It balanced out because later I got a lot of power in a row too. Ended the day at like 12 power, 12 wind, and 6 black. I actually need the black though, would like to get a couple of chain -ga spells. So far this morning I'm at 2 power and 0 of anything else. Still haven't used a refresh yet though

I think I'm going to skip my first fest banner since, well, maybe the first one (where I didn't have Mythril to pull on everything).

Since I got my third Gungnir on the $1, the only thing popping out to me is Quistis's Burst for poison fun. Otherwise, I don't think I would get much even on basic synergy boosts.

Pejo

I love orbfest because it's the perfect time to master all the less useful/not used SB's that i collected since the previous orbfest. I'm just about caught up on mastering all of my current SBs, and it looks like I should be up to enough mythril for 2 pulls on banner 5 to try to get Warrior of Light's shield.

I feel like Majors are wayyyy less frequent than past orbfests though. I've only gotten 3-4 since the event started that weren't clear rewards.

Also I have been totally chip-less the last 10 or so runs. C'mon gimme those Goldar looking dudes!

Did 2 11 pulls and got 2x Ogrekiller and 2x Excalibur. I was hoping for Eikos BSB but I'm just happy to get another BSB. They've been hard to come by for me.

I've struck out on all of my 100-gem pulls so far. $3 turned into a handful of gil. :/

Tempted to do a pull, but I'll hold strong for tomorrow. Got 100 mythril waiting to be spent.

thedan001

11 pull

Ovelia SSB
Bartz cape SSB (dupe)
Celes runic SSB (dupe)

I wanted Ovelia, but was hoping for Maria BSB or Vaan OSB

Maybe I will try again tomorrow

LucaMac

aGgSAzh.jpg

brown-md.png

Not Maria's BSB

With the new imperil stacking that's appeared in Japan recently you got a nice one there. Holy is very exploitable in general. I run a holy BSSB team with that quite often in Japan still when a boss has no weaknesses.

I want to pull on this banner mostly for a chance at Agrias bsb but I have 3 dupe relics already too risky.

Also have vaans bsb which makes his osb not as appealing

You got a great healing bsb
A great healing ssb with magic blink
A stat stick for a realm with little synergy
A native runic

Thats an excellent pull

Does runic work against aoe magic or only ST? If it's ST only, is it any magic or does it have to be targeted at the wearer?

I was getting so many chips for the roulette today. Before I knew it, I couldn't do a 10 spin because there wasn't 10 prizes left. No refreshes either. Claimed all my prizes now.
Sucks that its 1:1 for chips to gil.

Balphon

I want to pull on the first FF14 banner but I think the odds of getting nothing but Y'shtola dupes are too high to justify it.

Wish they'd split the relics between the banners a bit better.

Cleared the first three Crystal bosses, the Ochu was disappointingly easy as long as you kill the big one first. I would have expected it to have about twice as much HP

thedan001

Cleared the first three Crystal bosses, the Ochu was disappointingly easy as long as you kill the big one first. I would have expected it to have about twice as much HP

Started playing some 2-3 weeks ago, already clearing d160 without problems and playing with the big leagues in d200 multiplayer.

I know you aren't f2p, but I wish other gatcha mobile games were more welcoming like this instead of p2w or whale to win.

Started playing some 2-3 weeks ago, already clearing d160 without problems and playing with the big leagues in d200 multiplayer.

I know you aren't f2p, but I wish other gatcha mobile games were more welcoming like this instead of p2w or whale to win.

Thanks! I'm going to try my best not to whale in this game though, for now I just wanted to make up for lost time. Tbh though I've only spent the equivalent of one leviathan pack so far, and even that wasn't entirely necessary as that got me 3 extra pulls which i have the mythril for (there are more gems in the pull screenshot but since I haven't spent them yet I'm not counting them). So i guess a f2p could reproduce my results if they have the determination (and gacha luck).

I got at least 8-10 pulls so far just from "free" mythril

thedan001

It's just interesting to me because I was a day 1 player with Warrior core character and everything. Took a break for about 2 years, came back and got tons of free mythril from dungeon updates, I'm not even halfway done with those and stuff I've pulled (BSB/OSB) makes me jump ahead by a huge margin.

So theoretically, the power creep helps out new/returning players moreso than longtime players in this type of game when there isn't any reason to pull for best gear since everything is pve, and no pvp content.

Other mobile games that involve pvp in some way is a different experience obviously...

Remember SE's Guardian Cross and that bs weekly tournament ladder with gold legendary cards for the top 250 winners or something?

Then Brave Frontier happened, lol

Top Bottom