• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS Jailbreak/Unlock |OT|

rc213

sn0wbreeze 2.0 failed iPhone 3G 4.1. Seems to load the firmware all the way then iTunes goes to verify and it spits out Error 37 and leaves the iPhone 3G in DFU mode.

Back to clean 4.0.1 until someone figures out the issue.

EDIT: SUCCESS! sn0wbreeze 2.0.1 fixed the error.

iPhone 3G 4.1 + Baseband 05.13.04 with T-Mobile up and running.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
rc213 said:
If you don't care about the baseband/unlock then the latest redsn0w released yesterday should do the trick for 4.1. Although I am almost sure you will need a working sim to get past the Emergency screen once you update to 4.1.

Look up a few posts for details on latest redsn0w.

sn0wbreeze 2.0 is set to release 6pm PST. There is also a guide on how to enable Game Center on 4.1, So far everything appears to be working. I will be trying that just as soon as I am on 4.1. :D

Thank you!

0.961b being a beta as in shit might happen or beta as in more features will be added?

jts

...hate me...
rc213 said:
sn0wbreeze 2.0 failed iPhone 3G 4.1. Seems to load the firmware all the way then iTunes goes to verify and it spits out Error 37 and leaves the iPhone 3G in DFU mode.

Back to clean 4.0.1 until someone figures out the issue.

EDIT: SUCCESS! sn0wbreeze 2.0.1 fixed the error.

iPhone 3G 4.1 + Baseband 05.13.04 with T-Mobile up and running.
Sweet, just tell me this: does iTunes backup your phone like it should?

jts

...hate me...
I'm bumping this shit, yo.

Really wanna know if the sn0wbreeze jailbreak (and unlock btw) for iOS 4.1 on the iPhone 3G breaks the backup ability on iTunes.

So I can finally proceed to update my GF's iPhone and she can quit nagging me about it...

rc213

Bitmap Frogs said:
Thank you!

0.961b being a beta as in shit might happen or beta as in more features will be added?

No clue honestly.

EGM92 said:
iphone 3g here, is it possible to hacktivate/jailbreak and unlock 4.1?

jts said:
Sweet, just tell me this: does iTunes backup your phone like it should?

Hacktivate seems to be giving people problems for now, I chose not to because I have a old AT&T sim and a Universal Sim to get me past the emergency screen. So if you have one to get past the emergency screen then you should be good otherwise wait for a fix. So far I have restored completely from a backup I did earlier in the day. I have done 2-3 syncs since then without issue.

I will say this, I have seen several threads where people say they lost the phone.app or their contacts. So proceed at your own risk!

Night and freaking day difference in overall speediness of the system. No more stuttering and stalling. :D

So i got an iPhone 2g as my secondary phone.The phone came unlocked by default.

Apparently, this happens to be my first iPhone so i'd like to know about some basic stuff i should be installing/downloading mostly them being apps, etc.:D

evil ways

Question, is apple still signing firmware 3.1.3 for iTouch 2G? I have a 2g Touch stuck on 3.0 and I would like to upgrade to at least 3.1.3 since I've heard 4.x is a bit slow and sluggish on them. Thanks in advanced.

rc213

evil ways said:
Question, is apple still signing firmware 3.1.3 for iTouch 2G? I have a 2g Touch stuck on 3.0 and I would like to upgrade to at least 3.1.3 since I've heard 4.x is a bit slow and sluggish on them. Thanks in advanced.
Almost positive the soft shsh check is only for 4.0 and up. You should be able to Shift+Restore to 3.1.3 without issue.

Also Dev Team posted a video of a iPod Touch 4G jailbroken with SHAtter exploit. New tools on the way as well as being used in pwnage tool to jailbreak and preserve baseband in iPhone 4.

numble

Battersea Power Station said:
Question: is it possible for someone can write a Gmail app similar to Android's for jailbroken iOS devices?
There are third party MSN/Hotmail apps on the store, as well as some Gmail apps, I don't know what would stop people from copying what the Android Gmail app does (I don't know what it is like though--but even then, I don't think it would stop something via jailbreak).

numble said:
There are third party MSN/Hotmail apps on the store, as well as some Gmail apps, I don't know what would stop people from copying what the Android Gmail app does (I don't know what it is like though--but even then, I don't think it would stop something via jailbreak).
Thanks. You responded despite the terrible sentence structure I just noticed in my post.

I don't have an iPhone/Pad but am thinking of getting one. Can you point me to a 3rd party Gmail app I can take a look at, via screens or whatever?

Pachimari

Really have to ask this now, before going on vacation in four days time.

I got this theme installed as my lockscreen and I got the following installed for it to work:

Winterboard
Slanted Lock
file:// for MobileSafari
Lockscreen Clock Hide
Open SHH (i guess?)

ymyxzjcwywjmyjzkntazymm2zmmyyjkzymfjmge0y2m.jpg

Though as you can see, I got a questionmark in the center of the screen and a white border just popped up after changing the wallpaper. What can I do for it to look right?

numble

Battersea Power Station said:
Thanks. You responded despite the terrible sentence structure I just noticed in my post.

I don't have an iPhone/Pad but am thinking of getting one. Can you point me to a 3rd party Gmail app I can take a look at, via screens or whatever?
I don't have any of those apps, so I don't know what would be considered the better ones (there seems to be a lot--I just run my gmail through the default Mail app). Appshopper lets you look at apps and screenshots, but not comments, I think.

Here is the search result for 'gmail':
http://appshopper.com/search/?search=gmail

LegoDad

Anastacio said:
Really have to ask this now, before going on vacation in four days time.

I got this theme installed as my lockscreen and I got the following installed for it to work:

Winterboard
Slanted Lock
file:// for MobileSafari
Lockscreen Clock Hide
Open SHH (i guess?)

ymyxzjcwywjmyjzkntazymm2zmmyyjkzymfjmge0y2m.jpg

Though as you can see, I got a questionmark in the center of the screen and a white border just popped up after changing the wallpaper. What can I do for it to look right?

delete your safari cache.

itxaka

Defeatist
Just updated my 3Gs old bootrom to 4.1 with snowbreeze and JBM2PWN.

One thing that I had to look for is the stupid DFU mode. You don't actually need to put the phone in DFU mode in this scenario, just connect it normally.

Spent like half an hour wondering why it didn't work until I found some post in a lost thread in a strange forum :lol

Still 4.1 is empty. Not worth upgrading to it and suffer the hassle of the upgrade process.

LegoDad

Anastacio said:
Just tried, doesn't do anything?
Still got the white border around the background image and the questionmark.

My bad i knew it was something in safari with a cache:

Settings App > Safari > Databases > click "edit" and delete "SlantedLockCache"

DeathbyVolcano said:
goddamit I just want to be able to update my iphone 4 to 4.1 and keep my jailbreak apps :'(
Same. I want to see if 4.1 will really fix my camera's tendency to take yellow tinted pics under low and incandescent light. Shit' horrible as fuck cause for being a touted feature, my damn 2g suffers from none of that :l

Pachimari

Dreams-Visions said:
I really hoped it would be here before October, as I am going on vacation on friday. =(

caliblue15 said:
My bad i knew it was something in safari with a cache:

Settings App > Safari > Databases > click "edit" and delete "SlantedLockCache"
Thanks. =)
It works perfectly again. Really appreciate your help.

Does anyone know how I remove the 'Slide to Unlock'? I do it through SSH'ing right? But how?

Pachimari

Thanks, I found something - it's good enough for now. =)

I'll try asking this again in here, as they don't got an answer at macrumours.

I'm looking for a Cydia app, that splits the iPod section into Music and Video. I have seen the 'MobileMusicPlayer Flip' but does it work with firmware 4.0.1?

so, i recently updated a 4.01 3g that i unlocked via jailbreak.me to 4.1 and now i want to give it to a friend that isn't an AT&T customer. What are the steps to get it working for her? I keep reading about bootroms and basebands but i have no clue what any of that jargon means.

itxaka

Defeatist
Freedom = $1.05 said:
so, i recently updated a 4.01 3g that i unlocked via jailbreak.me to 4.1 and now i want to give it to a friend that isn't an AT&T customer. What are the steps to get it working for her? I keep reading about bootroms and basebands but i have no clue what any of that jargon means.

Check your baseband on Settings -> General -> Info

Scroll down until you find it (baseband/firmware)

Ultrasnow can unlock 05.13.04, 05.12.01, 05.11.07 and 04.26.08 if you have a differendt one I don't know what you can do.

it should be on cydia, if not you have to add http://repo666.ultrasn0w.com as a source.
http://ijafri.com/2010/09/12/ultrasnow-ultrasn0w-unlock-for-ios-4-1-how-to-guide/

rc213

Freedom = $1.05 said:
well, my problem is that the phone has already been updated to 4.1 and fully restored via itunes. I currently do not have access to Cydia.

Did you have the SHSH blobs saved for 4.0 or 4.0.1?

If you did you can use tinyumbrella to downgrade back to 4.0 or 4.0.1 and the attempt to downgrade the baseband if you have the old bootloader on your iPhone 3G.

rc213 said:
Did you have the SHSH blobs saved for 4.0 or 4.0.1?

If you did you can use tinyumbrella to downgrade back to 4.0 or 4.0.1 and the attempt to downgrade the baseband if you have the old bootloader on your iPhone 3G.

Yeah, i should have a couple of shsh blobs saved on Cydia. However, when I run tinyumbrella it only shows my 4.1 shsh, even though Cydia should have at least a 4.0 blob.

rc213

Pachimari

Does anyone have a quick answer as to, if it's possible to use a wireless bluetooth Mac keyboard with a jailbroken 4.0.1. iPhone 4? It doesn't seem to work on mine and I need it so I can write news stories for work - going on vacation to Asia in two days.

rc213

Freedom = $1.05 said:
It seems that my baseband hasn't been unlocked yet. I guess i'll just wait for the eventual 4.1 jailbreaks & unlocks to come out.
So you have the new bootloader?

cvxfreak

Just found out I can't downgrade from 4.0.2 to 4.0 or 4.0.1 because I didn't save my blobs.

I could have sworn I pressed that button in Cydia, too. Damnit.

hitsugi

cvxfreak said:
Just found out I can't downgrade from 4.0.2 to 4.0 or 4.0.1 because I didn't save my blobs.

now you get to join the waiting list :D

rc213

cvxfreak said:

Takes a while for your request to go through, Have you checked with tinyumbrella? I saved all my SHSH blobs locally when I had my 3G.

Add me to the SHAtter waiting list, Traded my 3G 16GB JB/Unlocked for 3GS 8GB 4.1 New Bootloader.

Question:

My brother gave me his old iphone 2g since he upgraded to 4. It didnt have his sim card but I stilled used it as an app machine as it had quite a few application-Not to mention oft times I'd piggyback off of wi-fi.

Anyway, not too familiar with the iphone, I updated and now I cannot use it. Im at the "no sim card, slide to emergency call" screen. Is there anything I can do? I've tried a good amount of tricks but so far they haven't worked to get past that activation screen.

My only solution is meet up with my brother again and use his sim card and itunes to unlock it and then I suppose once I actually get IN i may be able to jailbreak it correct? Id rather do it without because my brother is 45-60 min away.

rc213

Foxy Fox 39 said:
Question:

My brother gave me his old iphone 2g since he upgraded to 4. It didnt have his sim card but I stilled used it as an app machine as it had quite a few application-Not to mention oft times I'd piggyback off of wi-fi.

Anyway, not too familiar with the iphone, I updated and now I cannot use it. Im at the "no sim card, slide to emergency call" screen. Is there anything I can do? I've tried a good amount of tricks but so far they haven't worked to get past that activation screen.

My only solution is meet up with my brother again and use his sim card and itunes to unlock it and then I suppose once I actually get IN i may be able to jailbreak it correct? Id rather do it without because my brother is 45-60 min away.

http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=7436

You need redsn0w 0.9.4
Bootloader 3.9
Bootloader 4.6
Firmware 3.1.2
Firmware 3.1.3 (If you installed 3.1.3 and it locked you out then it's no longer needed.)
Make sure you check the Unlock box when creating your custom ipsw.

FolderEnhancer for iPhones pre-4.1....awesome shit. There are some aspects of Infinifolders I like more, but FolderEnhancer opens folders sooooooo fast now.

cvxfreak

rc213 said:
Takes a while for your request to go through, Have you checked with tinyumbrella? I saved all my SHSH blobs locally when I had my 3G.

I did check with TinyUmbrella. No blobs. I definitely did press that button, though. But I've now saved my blobs for 4.0.2 and 4.1, which I upgraded to while preserving the baseband. I care more about the unlock since I have a trip to the U.S. in about 2.5 weeks.

Top Bottom