• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS Jailbreak/Unlock |OT|

th3dude

So for a new iPhone 4 user like myself that has never jb before (I'm running 4.1), what does all this mean for me? Should I use the jb tomorrow or geohots on Monday? Also note I have no need for unlock.

sn1pes said:
So for a new iPhone 4 user like myself that has never jb before (I'm running 4.1), what does all this mean for me? Should I use the jb tomorrow or geohots on Monday? Also note I have no need for unlock.
Since you own an iPhone 4, Greenp0ison is the one you are looking for, which will be released tomorrow.

Karram

He pulled the link but still, some people managed to download it. So I expect it to be all over the internet by the end of the day.
EDIT: Link not working :(

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
Kaizen said:
same here, it seems like it's unstable.
Seems like there's already a second version

Yeah, better to wait. Probably for the release of tomorrow just to play it safe

Karram

From MuscleNerd twitter:

iPhone3GS & iPhone4 ultrasn0w unlockers: stay away from today's limera1n. Wait for PwnageTool, else you'll lose unlock

SHAtter will be held back now, so it's not the worst possible scenario. Who knows, maybe SHAtter can even be improved

dream

Dreams-Visions said:
good man.

why not?

I mean is there any particular significance to that date? Is greenpoison ready now? It just seems weird that they'd rather bitch about geohot than release their exploit.

dream said:
I mean is there any particular significance to that date? Is greenpoison ready now? It just seems weird that they'd rather bitch about geohot than release their exploit.

well they're trying to implement geohot's exploit into greenpois0n now, from what I gather

2Crisis

I can confirm that geohot's limera1n does work.
[I used the version with md5: a70dccb3dfc0e505687424184dc3d1ce]

Just successfully updated my non-unlocked (at&t) 4.0 iPhone 4 to 4.1, then JB with limera1n.

Had to reboot after installing cydia to get the icon to show up, but other than that works perfectly. no problems.

Mairu

So what's the protocol for this? I've got a 4 jailbroken. Do I update & restore then jailbreak & put all that stuff back on?

Was hoping it would be easier than that, but oh well. 4.1 jailbroken is 4.1 jailbroken

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
OK, I also did it. Guess it worked.

Just so it's clear (new to idevices) there's no way to brick one right?

Midas

Mairu said:
So what's the protocol for this? I've got a 4 jailbroken. Do I update & restore then jailbreak & put all that stuff back on?

Was hoping it would be easier than that, but oh well. 4.1 jailbroken is 4.1 jailbroken

Yeah, how do I do this? I've never done this before and have a new iPad here I want to jailbreak.

Stitch said:
does the jailbreak delete the stuff on my ipod?
jailbreaks don't remove content unless they require your to install the OS in recovery mode or something. either way, back up your phone. THEN jailbreak.

LogicStep

2Crisis said:
I can confirm that geohot's limera1n does work.
[I used the version with md5: a70dccb3dfc0e505687424184dc3d1ce]

Just successfully updated my non-unlocked (at&t) 4.0 iPhone 4 to 4.1, then JB with limera1n.

Had to reboot after installing cydia to get the icon to show up, but other than that works perfectly. no problems.
Well I just tried it on my iPhone 4 4.0.2 and it worked. That was really fast too no hassle at all. Guess I can upgrade to 4.1 now and do this again.

Fusebox

Banned
Too easy! JB'ed with limerain, associated my rock ID with Cydia and MyWi started showing as purchased. Install MyWi and all sorted!

Fusebox said:
Too easy! JB'ed with limerain, associated my rock ID with Cydia and MyWi started showing as purchased. Install MyWi and all sorted!
great news. I wish I was motivated enough to be bothered right now, but I'd rather get some StarCraft II in and plan which club I'm going to later on.

So I'm on a jailbroken 3GS and not using OS4 yet. What do I need to do? Also, will updating to 4.1 slow down my phone like the update to the 3G slowed it down (less memory for the new stuff)?

rc213

LovingSteam said:
So I'm on a jailbroken 3GS and not using OS4 yet. What do I need to do? Also, will updating to 4.1 slow down my phone like the update to the 3G slowed it down (less memory for the new stuff)?
3GS never suffered any issues from iOS 4, It was only iPod 2G & iPhone 3G.

Only question is if you require an unlock?

dream

LovingSteam said:
How would I know if I do? My phone is already jailbroken. Has been for a year.

Are you on AT&T? Do you plan on switching to another GSM carrier anytime soon?

Top Bottom